Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,861
    Options

For fans of equality and equilibrium it’s been a bad fortnight.  It’s not that Watford sacked a manager and Newcastle are in turmoil, it’s their routes out which have sparked anxiety.  First the Hornets have procured Claudio Ranieri, who will bring order and solidity.  Then Toon have been purchased, plus or minus a few details, using Saudi Arabia’s national wealth.  So that’s two teams who will evacuate the relegation do fight in the coming months.  

Saturday,

Watford v Liverpool, the John Barnes derby - what a great player he was. Too soon for The Hornet’s new manager bounce. 0-2

Villa v Wolves, a local derby and spice ahoy off the field but on it pretty even. 1-1

Leicester v Man Utd, both teams in hotch-potch form.  Goals certainly and their distribution will likely favour Utd. 1-2.

Man City v Burnley, hard to see past a home win despite the obdurate Clarets 9 man defence. An early goal could cause an avalanche but 2-0 feels right.

Norwich v Brighton, when will the easy games stop for the filthy Seagulls?  I cry conspiracy! Meh 0-2, but maybe this is THE week the Canaries get soemthing?

Southampton v Leeds, 16th v 17th and the visitors have still not found their feet this season.  The Saints need to buck their ideas up too, especially if Toon start a renaissance. 2-2

Brentford v Cheslea, a new West London derby - could be a match of artistic beauty,  could be a dogs breakfast.  Much vim and vigour but quality counts in the end 2-1

Super soaraway Stoke will smash Sheff Utd 0-1.  Feel the passion burn inside you @Eoin  

Sunday

Everton v West Ham, the Moyes derby and a tough day out for him back up north.  The Toffees have a bit of zing about them and I am not sure the Hammer will hold on despite being good enough to score 2-1

Newcastle v Spurs, the new future is here and a home win to celebrate their new found enormous wealth is eminently possible.  Madder things have happened so let’s go nuts 3-0. (Bet on a nil all, though)

Monday 

Arsenal v Palace, well this will be fun. Big Patty V back at his spiritual home and the Eagles playing with unheralded freedom and enthusiasm.  Might well be the best game of the weekend

with both teams playing a press and fast counter style.  Too close to call, so 1-1.

Tally ho!

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    CPFC1905 said:
    Renewing my passport.   What a PITA.  
    How exciting - are you coming to Blighty?   We have rain, warm beer and misery around every corner. 
    Do you still have mushy peas?  Because that’s a pretty big draw, I have to say.
    You'll have to venture the North for that. We are luxuriant with effective teeth down here in the South and don't need the hard work done for us. 

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,420
    Options
    Plant some wheat! Wheat prices are speculated to be thru the roof. My bread flour gonna be $10 a hundred weight higher than it was this year…need a surplus to bring that back down to reality 
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    CPFC1905 said:
    How exciting - are you coming to Blighty?   We have rain, warm beer and misery around every corner. 
    You'll have to venture the North for that. We are luxuriant with effective teeth down here in the South and don't need the hard work done for us. 

Buy have you had pea wet? Or smack barm pea wet?  It's as good as gravy.

https://youtu.be/N_oIys5KS4A

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    CPFC1905 said:

I was in London this week. They were all wearing coats even though it was warm out. All that wealth has made them soft.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I'm loving the internecine Brit-on-Brit warfare here on a Friday.  It must be after 5pm in the pub!
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,043
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    CPFC1905 said:

Or maybe the hounds were unleashed?
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    I'm loving the internecine Brit-on-Brit warfare here on a Friday.  It must be after 5pm in the pub!
    The best part is they are like 70 miles apart.  Kind of like a Dallas vs. Ft.Worth rivalry.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Eoin
    Options
    The best part is they are like 70 miles apart.  Kind of like a Dallas vs. Ft.Worth rivalry.
    Where?
  • Eoin
    Options
    Home not pub. Black Russian. I need a drink, another day on site trying to explain the basics of control theory to a control engineer (🙄) in Italy who seems to fail to grasp a simple graph.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Where?
    Our former rulers now live in a country that is like 70 miles long by 20 miles wide.  So no matter where you are, you are at most 70 miles from someone else.  We have ranches in this country bigger than that. 😁

Edit, wow, just googled.  It is 600 miles by 300 miles!  That is yuge.  Blame my public education for my ignorance.  All my knowledge of the UK comes from Top Gear.
  • CPFC1905
    Options
    Eoin said:
    In other entertaining news for the engineers in the audience, my number 3 child Alastair is doing a maths masters. He constantly tells me how maths is harder than enginkeering and with a 1 year masters conversion, he would be an 'engineer'. His maths masters project is to model car suspension on a speed bump to optimise the effectiveness of the speed bump design. He had to call me to explain to him how a spring and a damper work.
    Would you want it any other way?  Stand-by for empty nest syndrome....
  • CPFC1905
    Options
    Eoin said:

I was in London this week. They were all wearing coats even though it was warm out. All that wealth has made them soft.
    Were they being worn in an ironic context in Hoxton? 😁
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    Dallas is a sh!thole. Ft. Worth all the way. 

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• CPFC1905
    Options
    Which one's to the South?  Checking before I agree of disagree flag you.
  • CPFC1905
    Options

@JohnInCarolina
    @eoin

Rank amateur,  this is the lad you're after : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NW3e_1lZST4&t=6s

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    Which one's to the South?  Checking before I agree of disagree flag you.
    It's an east/west thing. Ft. Worth is to the West. Dallas is the toilet you have to wade through to get to Ft.Worth

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Eoin
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:

@JohnInCarolina
    @eoin

Rank amateur,  this is the lad you're after : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NW3e_1lZST4&t=6s

That guy is great. Not sure about his long term health though.
  • Eoin
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    Eoin said:

Were they being worn in an ironic context in Hoxton? 😁
    I was on Ally Pally. Daughter lives in London Fields now, Hoxtonesque. She laughs at the soft southerners.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,341
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:

@JohnInCarolina
    @eoin

I had to hit the rewind a few times and then guess at the translation to Yank English.  Definitely different food concepts.  
    For the Yanks here I'm surprised banquets like that are not more common at the state fairs.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Stopped by the shop.  Power and internet is working!  No more generator.  I've burned through at least 200 bucks worth of fuel between the time the pole went down and now.

Really makes one appreciate the little things in life like utility power.
    Options
    I was just gifted a cow by a ranch-owning friend (not the one that has his wagyu beef delivered to my house - another one).

It is a pregnant cow that is 50% F1 Braford and 50% Angus ... which makes it 25% Brahman, 25% Hereford, 50% Angus.

I get the baby when it delivers as well.  He'll keep it at his ranch for me and we'll discuss the slaughtering/butchering process as we go.  Might make for a fun weekend (or much more) project.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Plant some wheat! Wheat prices are speculated to be thru the roof. My bread flour gonna be $10 a hundred weight higher than it was this year…need a surplus to bring that back down to reality 
     You got it. With wheat over 7$ a bushel how could I not. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:

@JohnInCarolina
    @eoin

Question about this: in the UK, are the people who cut hair the same ones who work on teeth?
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Currently plotting a drop off route.

10 year olds birthday.  My wife said we would do drop offs.  I have 9 kids to drop off at separate houses and one pickup to do (two of my kids at a soccer party).

Google maps won't let me add another destination.  Currently at 1hour40 minutes of drive time with 10 year olds on board.  Bad part is, I was forced to arrange the route where I will have the majority of the kids for the longest period of time.  I initially planned a sweet route that unloaded 8 of them within 20 minutes. . . until a new parameter reared its ugly head.  

Since this thread has gone a bit of the way of the UK. . . 

Cheerio!
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,341
    Options
    Great way to spend quality time with the family.  Great photos as well.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.