Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    At airport...Traveling to Walnut Creek heading to @henapple's crib.  Going to relax next to the pool, do some collaborative cooking and eating with @henapple, @JohnInCarolina and @lkapigian
    and drone crashing 
    Unlikely.  However, Henapple has a drone and wants to do some dog fighting.
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    At airport...Traveling to Walnut Creek heading to @henapple's crib.  Going to relax next to the pool, do some collaborative cooking and eating with @henapple, @JohnInCarolina and @lkapigian
    and drone crashing 

No Wammies!
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,761
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    and drone crashing 
    I will leave the dog fighting to you, I have yet to fly this thing out of of the "Safe Mode" 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,349
    Options
    Better to be lucky than good any day.  What happens in Walnut Creek stays in Walnut creek...  But if there are some leaks I'm sure the clean versions will be enjoyed by all here.  Cooking on Ozark Oak??  I'm sure @henapple still has a stash.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,861
    Options

Heads up, listen in - Gameweek 2 in the PL but the big news is that @eoin mighty Potters have surged to 7 points form a possible 9.  The dream is alive, the good times are back. What can possibly go wrong from here with just 43 games remaining. 

The transfer window is still open and Summer tournament players are filtering back so it’s all still bit weird.  But don’t let that stop you betting the farm on these dead cert’ predictions.

Saturday

Liverpool v Burnley : when the Reds were wobbly last season, the Clarets bullied their way to a win. Won’t happen this time. Big Jurgy ain’t gonna mess this time around. 2-0

Aston Villa v Newcastle : looking like a long season ahead for the Toon already. Close & poor quality but 1-0 feels about right.

Palace v Brentford : last week’s free hits against Chelsea and Arsenal, respectively, are water under the bridge.  This is where the season starts.  Stronger line-up by the hosts and the 12th man back in the stands. If this ends in a flaccid home defeat I might run out of swear words. 2-1.

Leeds v Everton : good test for Dirty Leeds after last week’s humping by Utd.  Has the bubble burst?  Are Everton any good?  I don’t know 2-2

Man City v Norwich : meh 3-0, nothing to see here.

Brighton v Watford : the filthys join together for a celebration of all thats objectionable in the PL. Can they both lose? Perhaps it’s best that the rotten Hornets stay on their hot losing streak for as long as possible. 1-0

Sunday

Southampton v Man Utd : question is, when will the Saints ship nine goals in a game?  Could be this one given the Red Devils bravura performance last time out.  1-3

Wolves v Spurs : The Nuno derby and will Sir Harry of Kane grace the pitch with his presence?  No, because all  the transfer nonsense is still going on. Home win but close. 1-0

Arsenal v Chelsea : hard to see beyond a clear away win.  The Gunners are still finding themselves and the visitors just got stronger with Lukaku arriving. 0-3

Monday

West Ham v Leicester : good match-up for two teams with gruelling seasons ahead.  1-1.

Go steady!

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,836
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:

Heads up, listen in - Gameweek 2 in the PL but the big news is that @eoin mighty Potters have surged to 7 points form a possible 9.  The dream is alive, the good times are back. What can possibly go wrong from here with just 43 games remaining. 

The transfer window is still open and Summer tournament players are filtering back so it’s all still bit weird.  But don’t let that stop you betting the farm on these dead cert’ predictions.

Saturday

Liverpool v Burnley : when the Reds were wobbly last season, the Clarets bullied their way to a win. Won’t happen this time. Big Jurgy ain’t gonna mess this time around. 2-0

Aston Villa v Newcastle : looking like a long season ahead for the Toon already. Close & poor quality but 1-0 feels about right.

Palace v Brentford : last week’s free hits against Chelsea and Arsenal, respectively, are water under the bridge.  This is where the season starts.  Stronger line-up by the hosts and the 12th man back in the stands. If this ends in a flaccid home defeat I might run out of swear words. 2-1.

Leeds v Everton : good test for Dirty Leeds after last week’s humping by Utd.  Has the bubble burst?  Are Everton any good?  I don’t know 2-2

Man City v Norwich : meh 3-0, nothing to see here.

Brighton v Watford : the filthys join together for a celebration of all thats objectionable in the PL. Can they both lose? Perhaps it’s best that the rotten Hornets stay on their hot losing streak for as long as possible. 1-0

Sunday

Southampton v Man Utd : question is, when will the Saints ship nine goals in a game?  Could be this one given the Red Devils bravura performance last time out.  1-3

Wolves v Spurs : The Nuno derby and will Sir Harry of Kane grace the pitch with his presence?  No, because all  the transfer nonsense is still going on. Home win but close. 1-0

Arsenal v Chelsea : hard to see beyond a clear away win.  The Gunners are still finding themselves and the visitors just got stronger with Lukaku arriving. 0-3

Monday

West Ham v Leicester : good match-up for two teams with gruelling seasons ahead.  1-1.

Go steady!

Nice suggestions but I submit that you got a few wrong - unlike last week's display of perfect form?

Leeds are not as bad as they looked last week, nor are they as good as they looked last year.  And Everton are in the Rafa honeymoon where everyone is playing at 110% to try to impress the new boss so I think they take it 3-2.  

Nuno seems to be getting a lot out of his new boys and they seem determined to show what they can do without the big names of Kane and Bale so I think Spurs take it 2-1.

Also, Lukaku isn't going to make Chelsea better - at least not immediately.  His style of play just doesn't fit with how they attack and it will take a while before he is an asset - except maybe in the end-of-game route 1 over the top play when they are down, a la Olivier Giroud.  Arsenal have enough pride to bounce back from last week's humiliation, but they don't have enough guidance or drive to actually pull out a win.  Chelsea will win, but only by 2-1.

As an American, I'm not much for predicting ties, but all 3 of these matches could end up as draws.  

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• lkapigian
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    Bluestar is sending me a brand new oven. I get to use the damaged one until it arrives... which is great considering it took 7+ months to receive it.  

It's hard to tell from the pic, but the front support leg is bent backwards. This oven is ungodly heavy, so who knows what got rattled around when it hit the ground. 

Glad they are doing the right thing!
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    put a fire extinguisher near it just in case something loosened up and light everything before sliding it back, if you can access everything then soap test it first. they really should get you bumped to the front of the line
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,474
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    Bluestar is sending me a brand new oven. I get to use the damaged one until it arrives... which is great considering it took 7+ months to receive it.  
    That's very good to hear, and Kudos to Bluestar.  
    I second @fishlessman's fire extinguisher idea (which we all should have anyway).  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    Who handled the delivery @sonvolt?  The appliance store? Third party? just curious, that is great they are handling the replacement.  I picked mine up, used the tractor with forks to the back deck, slid pallet to the sliding glass door, tipped it on its back and drug it on the cardboard to its final resting place.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    SonVolt said:

It's hard to tell from the pic, but the front support leg is bent backwards. This oven is ungodly heavy, so who knows what got rattled around when it hit the ground. 

Glad to hear it’s being rectified. 

Assuming it is in safe and fully operational condition, it’s a bit of a luxury to screw around with a practice model you don’t have to baby until the real deal arrives. 
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Who handled the delivery @sonvolt?  The appliance store? Third party? just curious, that is great they are handling the replacement.  I picked mine up, used the tractor with forks to the back deck, slid pallet to the sliding glass door, tipped it on its back and drug it on the cardboard to its final resting place.

The local appliance store I purchased it from delivered it. I'm assuming they file an insurance claim instead of eating the cost.  I sat paralyzed in horror as their delivery guy unboxed the oven while still on the truck, removing all the Styrofoam and safety wrap. Then he used a junky old dolly to try and move it round. I had to ask them to get a sheet of carboard to place between the oven and the dolly - it never even crossed their mind.  Contrast that with the 3rd party  that delivered my pizza oven of similar weight. They used a motorized pallet jack to move it off the truck and into place before it ever left the pallet, much less the protective packaging materials.  

I'm assuming all this is related to the employment shortages due to the pandemic. Those guys got a sucky hard job and probably don't get paid that much. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,296
    Options
    Burning up cell data AT&T Uverse has an outage. Strange, they want you to report an internet outage by way of the internet.
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    I took all the grates the racks everything off and probably shaved 100lbs that way 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    I took all the grates the racks everything off and probably shaved 100lbs that way 

Yep, I thought about that after they got into the kitchen. I started removing what felt like 200lbs of cast iron grates. 

Btw, how did you move yours into position against the wall without scratching your floors? Furniture pads? 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    @SonVolt Mowhawk laminate floors seem to be bulletproof. I did research this though and your rental store may have a airbag lift you could get it on on and float it in
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,349
    Options
    The debauchery is well and truly on!  Enjoy every bit of the weekend.  I would like a current review of Ozark Oak, although with the governance of CA and the fires you may be restricted in what you can fire up.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,096
    Options
    I can only imagine how that taste.....wish we had taste a vision....maybe at least smell a vision...hope you guys have the best time!
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,474
    Options
    Although I purchased it almost 3 weeks ago, I finally got my new iPad/Pencil/Logitech "Combo Touch"; 'bout ready to dive in.   :)

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Bar
    Bar Posts: 166
    Options

Thighs and veggies look great.  What temp did you cook these at?
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Bar said:

Thighs and veggies look great.  What temp did you cook these at?
    Thanks.

Mostly 275. I rolled at 325 for a bit too. Used Kosmos new "The Best beer can chicken" rub. Chicken was good. I'm not sure the 'Best", but that's subjective. Put the chicken and the veg on at the same time and they were done with perfect timing. I didn't expect that outcome but I'll take it.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    At The San Jose Swap Meet

I love markets like that. I was only ever in San Jose once very briefly. Saw/heard Monica Lewinsky speak. 

Don’t know if it’s your camera or the live colour (maybe a bit of both), but those reds are unreal - especially on the ribs. 
  • lkapigian
    Options
    lkapigian said:

I love markets like that. I was only ever in San Jose once very briefly. Saw/heard Monica Lewinsky speak. 

Don’t know if it’s your camera or the live colour (maybe a bit of both), but those reds are unreal - especially on the ribs. 
    Not my camera for sure , when Monica spoke, was it muffled lol?
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,423
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    lkapigian said:

Not my camera for sure , when Monica spoke, was it muffled lol?
    Almost like she was speaking with her mouth full