Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• setdahook
    setdahook Posts: 284
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Drinking some **** knob creek and shooting flies
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    setdahook said:
    Drinking some **** knob creek and shooting flies
    I feel like this could be an Olympic event now. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Putting wheels on my powder coating oven.
    Options

I'm jealous! That oven would come in super handy. I've wanted cerakote a few different items but they wouldn't fit in a traditional oven. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    WeberWho said:

I'm jealous! That oven would come in super handy. I've wanted cerakote a few different items but they wouldn't fit in a traditional oven. 
    I've done a bunch of motorcycle parts. Picked this up free when Loyola University built a new science building and they were giving away old equipment.  Randy (gumbo guy) was working there in maintenance at the time.

It will hold stuff around 48" on the long side, which makes it pretty useful, like you could do a bicycle frame.

I'm have a PID controller I need to install. It works as is, but setting the temp is a trial and error process with the analog dial. 220V....I've gotten it as high as 500F, which is more than I need.

Options
    CPFC1905 said:

Gameweek #1 and the league tables is alphabetised.  The Crystal Palace owner’s have requested it stay that way.

Friday night

Brentford v Arsenal - absolutely anything could happen and I mean anything.   If the Bees get humped then its a long, long season from here.  1-2

Saturday

Man Utd v Leeds - the game we all craved last year.  Intense rivalry between the fans going back decades. Let’s hope for a spicy one. 3-2

Burnley v Brighton - snoooooze fest. 0-0

Chelsea v Palace - a new dawn for the Eagles.  A lot of the old guard gone, & young raw talent brought in thanks to £90m from a nice American chap for a seat on the board.  Patrick Vieira at the helm,a former PL / Arsenal colossus.  Could go very badly or as good as mediocre.  2-0 the Chels’

Everton v Southampton - couple of hit and miss teams last season.  Probably a draw, though. 1-1

Leicester v Wolves - I am already looking forward to how the Foxes will contrive to miss out on the top 4 this season. 2-1

Watford v Aston Villa - unlikable Hornets host a team trying to find a way to win free-kicks without fally-over manny-boy Grealish.  Could be a struggle.  0-0

Norwich v Liverpool - can’t see beyond 0-2.

Sunday

Newcastle v West Ham - circus act Toon could end up anywhere this season and West Ham might be over committed due to European commitments.  The true cost of success.  Spirited encounter but 0-1

Spurs v Man City - seems Sir Harry of Kane will be playing for the home team in this one despite high hopes of seeing it from the away changing room.  1-2.

You may now flag.  Thank you.

The flaggots seem to like you 😉
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    WeberWho said:

I've done a bunch of motorcycle parts. Picked this up free when Loyola University built a new science building and they were giving away old equipment.  Randy (gumbo guy) was working there in maintenance at the time.

It will hold stuff around 48" on the long side, which makes it pretty useful, like you could do a bicycle frame.

I'm have a PID controller I need to install. It works as is, but setting the temp is a trial and error process with the analog dial. 220V....I've gotten it as high as 500F, which is more than I need.

Nice!
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,420
    Options
    Confirmed no ‘rona. Probably just some sort of stomach bug/allergies. 
    Great news
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Lit said:
    Moderna #2 done
    Just curious…. Why so late? Did they only become available recently, or did you simply take some time to fully consider before going for shot no.2?

Rollout in my area has been painfully slow, but I was able to get my second shot about a month back. 
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @lousubcap: Lookin’ good Frank. If I’m not mistaken, this is a yearly (or maybe even semi-yearly) ritual for you. Haven’t seen Hatches around these parts before, though I suspect maybe I could find some if I went looking. What is the heat profile like? What do you use the blended peppers for?
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Lit said:
    Moderna #2 done
    Just curious…. Why so late? Did they only become available recently, or did you simply take some time to fully consider before going for shot no.2?

Rollout in my area has been painfully slow, but I was able to get my second shot about a month back. 
    Wanted to wait it out and see if people were having any short term issues. Plus I work from home and my wife was off all summer with the kids at home in a county that was getting less than 10 cases a day so we werent really too concerned. Our plan was to hopefully be vaccinated by the time school started since our daughter is starting public school this year. 
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,835
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:

Gameweek #1 and the league tables is alphabetised.  The Crystal Palace owner’s have requested it stay that way.

Friday night

Brentford v Arsenal - absolutely anything could happen and I mean anything.   If the Bees get humped then its a long, long season from here.  1-2

Saturday

Man Utd v Leeds - the game we all craved last year.  Intense rivalry between the fans going back decades. Let’s hope for a spicy one. 3-2

Chelsea v Palace - a new dawn for the Eagles.  A lot of the old guard gone, & young raw talent brought in thanks to £90m from a nice American chap for a seat on the board.  Patrick Vieira at the helm,a former PL / Arsenal colossus.  Could go very badly or as good as mediocre.  2-0 the Chels’

Everton v Southampton - couple of hit and miss teams last season.  Probably a draw, though. 1-1

Leicester v Wolves - I am already looking forward to how the Foxes will contrive to miss out on the top 4 this season. 2-1

Watford v Aston Villa - unlikable Hornets host a team trying to find a way to win free-kicks without fally-over manny-boy Grealish.  Could be a struggle.  0-0

Sunday

Newcastle v West Ham - circus act Toon could end up anywhere this season and West Ham might be over committed due to European commitments.  The true cost of success.  Spirited encounter but 0-1

Spurs v Man City - seems Sir Harry of Kane will be playing for the home team in this one despite high hopes of seeing it from the away changing room.  1-2.

@CPFC1905, While it is my tradition to quibble with 1 or 2 of your predictions, I see nothing to address in this iteration.  You must have really worked on your prediction game in the offseason.  I encourage any/all to wager heavily based on this prescient post.  Well done ol' chap.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,341
    Options
    @lousubcap: Lookin’ good Frank. If I’m not mistaken, this is a yearly (or maybe even semi-yearly) ritual for you. Haven’t seen Hatches around these parts before, though I suspect maybe I could find some if I went looking. What is the heat profile like? What do you use the blended peppers for?
    The important heat profile deal-it can cover anything low heat, less than a jalapeno, to around a serrano on the other end.  It is a scoville crap-shoot but not way up there.
    I use them in about anything from mixing in the ABT load to omelettes to anywhere you want a very smooth (the taste is not harsh) with a touch of heat addition.  
    This is an annual and I will also do the long duration low heat smoke-down and grind of habaneros, ghost and carolina reapers for a friend of mine.  That is definitely at a whole different level of scoville heat, BGE temperature and time.  The end result is a powder.  Thanks for asking.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    The important heat profile deal-it can cover anything low heat, less than a jalapeno, to around a serrano on the other end.  It is a scoville crap-shoot but not way up there.
    I use them in about anything from mixing in the ABT load to omelettes to anywhere you want a very smooth (the taste is not harsh) with a touch of heat addition.  
    This is an annual and I will also do the long duration low heat smoke-down and grind of habaneros, ghost and carolina reapers for a friend of mine.  That is definitely at a whole different level of scoville heat, BGE temperature and time.  The end result is a powder.  Thanks for asking.
    While I love spicy, my pepper game is pretty weak on the BGE. Will have to crib from your notes one of these days!

mostly just enjoying my high octane bottled sauces these days. Love the burn and contrary to some, I only feel it once (thankfully). 
  • Yno
    Yno Posts: 529
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Gonna rain

What is this rain of which you speak?

XL BGE in San Jose, CA. Also a Pit Barrel Cooker, a Cal Flame P4 gasser, and lots of toys including the first ever Flame Boss 300 in the wild. And a new Flame Boss 500.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,420
    Options
    Well. 3 days. 3 whole days…..first positive COVID test in my sons first grade class. He wasn’t close contact according to administration so no quarantine necessary….we won’t make thanksgiving inside the classroom at this rate
  • Lit
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Well. 3 days. 3 whole days…..first positive COVID test in my sons first grade class. He wasn’t close contact according to administration so no quarantine necessary….we won’t make thanksgiving inside the classroom at this rate
    Just got an email some one on my daughters bus tested positive
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,947
    Options
    ColbyLang said:

This was from this morning:

We are masks required here in the schools so I hope we can avoid something similar, but I won’t be surprised if we end up going back to virtual at some point.  Which would really suck.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,341
    Options
    I would suggest that if the covid conversation continues then please take it to this thread:
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • WesJohnson
    WesJohnson Posts: 130
    edited August 2021
    Options
    ColbyLang said:

We are masks required here in the schools so I hope we can avoid something similar, but I won’t be surprised if we end up going back to virtual at some point.  Which would really suck.

Yep, people are idiots. Same for Obama having his 60th birthday bash causing a massive Covid outbreak on Martha's Vineyard.  I bet you'll counter this or cry false equivalency because 1. you're also an idiot and 2. you're a liberal scumbag. 
    I used to be able to name every nut that there was. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,947
    Options
    ColbyLang said:

Yep, people are idiots. Same for Obama having his 60th birthday bash causing a massive Covid outbreak on Martha's Vineyard.  I bet you'll counter this or cry false equivalency because 1. you're also an idiot and 2. you're a liberal scumbag. 
    I may be many things, but here’s what I am not: someone taking pot shots at another forum member here from behind a troll account.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,835
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    CPFC1905 said:

Friday night

Saturday

Sunday

@CPFC1905, While it is my tradition to quibble with 1 or 2 of your predictions, I see nothing to address in this iteration.  You must have really worked on your prediction game in the offseason.  I encourage any/all to wager heavily based on this prescient post.  Well done ol' chap.
    Or not. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Lit
    Options
    Took our 19lb part maine coon to the vet for his annual and vaccines. They pick them up at the car and we cant go in. Got a call 10 mins later that we will need to bring him back after he gets some pre visit medicine. Vet said its not safe for her staff. Cat is an a hole.
  • HogFather
    HogFather Posts: 259
    Options
    Lit said:
    Took our 19lb part maine coon to the vet for his annual and vaccines. They pick them up at the car and we cant go in. Got a call 10 mins later that we will need to bring him back after he gets some pre visit medicine. Vet said its not safe for her staff. Cat is an a hole.
    Huh, just like you. 

Bizarre 
    Fighting off the trolls 1 by 1
    Large Egg

Pig, KY 
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,081
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    I would suggest that if the covid conversation continues then please take it to this thread:

Not my place, but stepping over the line anyway... @nolaegghead mentioned some time back the purpose of that thread was to document the event.  With that said it seems to me it should not become a potential sacrificial lamb.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Lit
    Options
    dbCooper said:
    lousubcap said:

Not my place, but stepping over the line anyway... @nolaegghead mentioned some time back the purpose of that thread was to document the event.  With that said it seems to me it should not become a potential sacrificial lamb.
    Plus I didnt see the covid talk going negative. Seems like most people were agreeing.