Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Chef-ing Tonight, Dr?

Options

Comments

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    Botch said:
    SonVolt said:
    Roasted some cherry tomatoes in the wood-fired oven this weekend, along with some Portobello and Artichokes.  Vegetables roasted over high-heat are on another level.  This kids enjoyed it, so mission accomplished. 

love steamed artichokes, never once thought of roasting them.  Added to "the list".  :triumph:  

I steam-roast them. After they get some color I pour in a little white wine then cover the skillet with foil and let it ride until they're tender. Then remove the foil and re-crisp them up for a bit.
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    Used the salamander broiler for the steak.

I’m really enjoying mine too. It’s so damn convenient for a couple steaks. It still freaks me out how insanely hot it gets, so quickly. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Got home late and did the 15 minute scramble.
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Pan seared chicken breast with a fig balsamic reduction with shrooms, taters and forum inspired zucchini parm rounds

That looks amaz-balls. Need the deets on the zucc.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,343
    Options
    @saluki2007 super simple. 
    Slice zucchini into rounds, evoo on cookie sheet, spog, topped with good parm. 450* 12 minutes or so
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• nolaegghead
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Pan seared chicken breast with a fig balsamic reduction with shrooms, taters and forum inspired zucchini parm rounds

That looks awesome, John.  It would be extra complete with a pineapple upside down cake for dessert.... =)

Options
    MasterC said:
    Inspired by Leopoldstoch thread, meatball sub

Delicious thank you 
    Awesomeness 😋
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Lunch at a buddy's house
    Options
    @Mattman3969- where do you find Cobia in flyover country...asking as I had fresh in FL in may (first time with that fish) and it was mild but quite tasty and enjoyable. 
    BTW- diamond plate for the presentation of a great cook!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    @lousubcap - there is a fish monger place that opened in Owensboro called Bubba Gandy. It’s hit or miss on what that have. I’m on a text list that list what they get in on Wednesday 

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,429
    Options
    @lousubcap - there is a fish monger place that opened in Owensboro called Bubba Gandy. It’s hit or miss on what that have. I’m on a text list that list what they get in on Wednesday 
    Judging by the cut of that filet and the size of it, that was one big cobia! We catch them in the 50-65# range fairly often, I’ve never seen a hunk of it  that wide 
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    I’m guessing it was 6-7” at the wide end.

analyze adapt overcome

• Ike
    Ike Posts: 291
    Options
    Mattman, did you know that Beef & Bacon carries wagyu now?  It is on hwy 56, mile or so inside Daviess Co line from McLean Co.  They post on facebook what they have available.  A Keugle father and son own the land, cattle, and the processing facility. 
    Owensboro, KY.  First Eggin' 4/12/08.  Large, small, 22" Blackstone and lotsa goodies.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @Mattman3969- where do you find Cobia in flyover country...asking as I had fresh in FL in may (first time with that fish) and it was mild but quite tasty and enjoyable. 
    BTW- diamond plate for the presentation of a great cook!
    That was my thought too.  I didn't think there was a commercial harvest of cobia other than fishing guides that also carried a commercial license (they will sell a big cobia to a restaurant like Redfish Grill for $300 bucks.

Options
    My buddy took my boat out today to do some solo fishing....caught a bunch of reds.   I was working at my shop and realized how nice it is without a huge boat in the middle of the floor so I asked him if we could just keep it at his house (next block from me).  He said hell yeah and he'd even buy a good lock for it.  So that's ordered and I'm about to order a boat cover...hurricane tore up the last one.  He's going again tomorrow, so I told him to just keep it connected to my truck overnight.  Down side is I'm driving a Prius in the interim and my head hits the roof unless I slouch.
    Options
    Ike said:
    Mattman, did you know that Beef & Bacon carries wagyu now?  It is on hwy 56, mile or so inside Daviess Co line from McLean Co.  They post on facebook what they have available.  A Keugle father and son own the land, cattle, and the processing facility. 
    @Ike - I actually had one of their ribeyes at a buddies house. Good stuff!  I plan on a purchase as soon as I get through my last purchase from Hillview Farms. Their stuff was top notch too.  I ordered 20 Tbones and 20 Ribeyes. Both were bone in and cut 1 1/4 thick.  I really liked dealing with Gilles.  

analyze adapt overcome

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    dbCooper said:
    From last night...
    My stepdaughter, Crystal, has been staying with us the past week or so, back home to Tampa on Sat.  She whipped up this appetizer, tomatoes and basil from the garden with mozzarella rounds and a balsamic reduction...
    I made ABT's, japs from the garden, dusted with brown sugar and DP Spicy Pineapplehead.  Crystal requested the dustings, typically make them naked...
    Slow cooked some burgers along with peppers, baked beans and cukes/onions...
    Of note, Crystal is a vegetarian.  During her time here she's requested, and I cooked, the above meal, spares, pulled pork and jerk chicken.   😁
    Certainly doesn’t sound like a vegetarian to me. 
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    MasterC said:
    Pork loin stuffed with ham, provolone and smoked guoda cheese wrapped in bacon served with dirty rice

Not bad.
    Looks pretty not-terrible from here.