Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket Camp V, Oct 20th in New Orleans

Options

Comments

• billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,529
    edited August 2021
    Options
    I like it how some people here think viruses wear time pieces.
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,975
    Options
    Well, it's officially Friday now!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • BenfordSlaw
    Options
    Lit said:
    My wife would laugh at your silly looking ass. You look like Howard Wolowitz from big bang theory.

I wonder which corner Litoris thinks he’s in.   
    Kardashians all the way.  

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    hoping you guys took the pfizer and not the moderna......
    Brother fish, if you know something about the Moderna please let me know. I have been considering taking the vaccine and Moderna is the one available here. I don’t want to take a dud. Honestly I don’t want to take any of them but I have no choice. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    SGH said:
    Brother fish, if you know something about the Moderna please let me know. I have been considering taking the vaccine and Moderna is the one available here. I don’t want to take a dud. Honestly I don’t want to take any of them but I have no choice. 
    Well, for starters, the Moderna's microchip is a 9 micron die product, vs Pfizer's 13 micron, but the power source is a micro fusion reactor vs lithium technology.  Which is best?  I don't know, but I think the Pfizer communicates with the space lasers better, but that might just be an artifact from the Crispr tech that integrates into your DNA and regulates your CNS brain waves, which seem to interfere with short wave transmission.  Either way, I think you'll have a much better likelihood of not dying from the Rona.

You would have alot better chance of not getting the virus if you cancelled your little get together but thats not stopping you either is it?
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Lit said:
    SGH said:
    Well, for starters, the Moderna's microchip is a 9 micron die product, vs Pfizer's 13 micron, but the power source is a micro fusion reactor vs lithium technology.  Which is best?  I don't know, but I think the Pfizer communicates with the space lasers better, but that might just be an artifact from the Crispr tech that integrates into your DNA and regulates your CNS brain waves, which seem to interfere with short wave transmission.  Either way, I think you'll have a much better likelihood of not dying from the Rona.

You would have alot better chance of not getting the virus if you cancelled your little get together but thats not stopping you either is it?
    I'm vaccinated, all my friends are vaccinated, it's outdoors, follows current CDC advice and so you can suck it, b*tch.

Options
    Lit said:
    SGH said:

I'm vaccinated, all my friends are vaccinated, it's outdoors, follows current CDC advice and so you can suck it, b*tch.

What about all the people coming in by plane? They outside also. Just seems really selfish to knowingly invite alot of people to come into a virus hot spot and bring that crap to whenever they are returning to. As long as you are fine with it though im sure it will be fun and worth risking peoples lives.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    SGH said:

What about all the people coming in by plane? They outside also. Just seems really selfish to knowingly invite alot of people to come into a virus hot spot and bring that crap to whenever they are returning to. As long as you are fine with it though im sure it will be fun and worth risking peoples lives.
    If you're so concerned about public health all of a sudden, why don't you go crusade against all the unvaccinated?   I'll tell you why...you don't give a sh*t about anything except yourself and trying to prop up your own ego by trolling other people.  I'm sorry you're one of the most bullied people on here, but it's not entirely undeserved.

#sorry #notsorry
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    In fact, what the hell is all this pandemic crap doing on my Brisket Camp V thread?  This thread documented a pre-pandemic fest.  Take it somewhere else.
    Options
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    SGH said:

If you're so concerned about public health all of a sudden, why don't you go crusade against all the unvaccinated?   I'll tell you why...you don't give a sh*t about anything except yourself and trying to prop up your own ego by trolling other people.  I'm sorry you're one of the most bullied people on here, but it's not entirely undeserved.

You guys acted like you cared and now you are having a party with people flying in to a covid hot spot. Talk about not giving a ****. Seems like you are promoting covid now.
  • Lit
    Options
    In fact, what the hell is all this pandemic crap doing on my Brisket Camp V thread?  This thread documented a pre-pandemic fest.  Take it somewhere else.
    Sure boss
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    SGH said:

You guys acted like you cared and now you are having a party with people flying in to a covid hot spot. Talk about not giving a ****. Seems like you are promoting covid now.
    You are as dense as a rock.  Read this link, assh0le.

Options
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    SGH said:

You are as dense as a rock.  Read this link, assh0le.

Vaccinated people can still get it and spread it right? So you are part of the problem.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,624
    Options
    SGH said:
    Take your time, no reason to be in a hurry with this type of decision.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,429
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    ColbyLang said:
    Let’s attempt to right the ship, how many briskets are on the menu for October? Cooked how many different ways? 
    Hold on a second! You're telling me that there are actual briskets at brisket camp? I thought it was something that was made up just to tell our wives.
    I would assume. Otherwise it’s just a sausage fest
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    There’s always good sausage at these things, I would just not trust anything that @SGH suggests putting in your mouth.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    SGH said:
    There’s always good sausage at these things, I would just not trust anything that @SGH suggests putting in your mouth.
    John, I have scheduled my vaccine just so I can be at BC and put my meat in your mouth  ;)

Giddyup my friend!
  • JohnInCarolina
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Can’t wait.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,349
    Options
    For someone that said they were leaving the forum and actually asked the Buffalo to delete their account that Lit fellow sure posts a lot.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Lit
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    For someone that said they were leaving the forum and actually asked the Buffalo to delete their account that Lit fellow sure posts a lot.

Pictures too!!!
  • JohnInCarolina
    edited August 2021
    Options
    HeavyG said:

Is that… hypocritical of him?   Or just assaholic?
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,758
    Options
    SGH said:
    @sgh
    was just thinking there was a connection of this friday lunacy and the pfizer ;)  if there is, i would opt for moderna. im hearing more about pfizer losing its edge in 6 to 8 months after the second dose than much about moderna so its still unclear which is better of the two. i had the chills for three seconds after the moderna shot, i never get the chills. dad turns 79 this year and he had zero problems after the moderna. had the whole work crew sent to the hospital for pfizer shots early april, no side effects as well. there will be booster shots so that pfizer thing might not be a deterrent but who knows, it may be the same for moderna down the road. side note, woman seem to have more problems with moderna from hearing complaints here and there but they seem more prone to get the virus as well (new england started with mostly moderna shots and this may have played into those complaints as well)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @fishlessman
    So far I have had zero side effects. Not even a sore arm. I honestly did not even feel the shot. For a moment I kind of questioned did they actually give it to me. 
    Just from talking to people it seems most folks are more prone to experiencing side effects from the second dose. Even that seems to be split 50/50. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,758
    Options
    SGH said:
    @fishlessman
    So far I have had zero side effects. Not even a sore arm. I honestly did not even feel the shot. For a moment I kind of questioned did they actually give it to me. 
    Just from talking to people it seems most folks are more prone to experiencing side effects from the second dose. Even that seems to be split 50/50. 

dont worry about it. mine was at a supermarket, i asked for free icecream but nada, had to buy my own. as for the shot, it was painless and the pharmacist put the bandaide in the wrong spot by an inch
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    SGH said:
    @fishlessman
    Did you ask if you could take the shot in the anus instead?  Might be worth it, just to see the look on the nurse's face alone.  
  • nolaegghead
    Options

SGH said:
    @fishlessman
    Did you ask if you could take the shot in the anus instead?  Might be worth it, just to see the look on the nurse's face alone.  

Alternatively, if they could somehow make a vaccine in suppository form, I can see some advantages insofar as saving money on syringes and the limitations on microchip size would be out the (back) door, so to speak. 

But I get it, probably not practical.  Keeping them in there long enough is really tough.  In Scottie's case, since he eats about a cubic yard of food a day, it's got to be pretty busy in that region.
    Options
    Believe it or not it honestly ran through my mind. But I refrained because there was little kids around. 

Status- Standing by.