Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket Camp V, Oct 20th in New Orleans

Options

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    lkapigian said:
    Disagree? Border patrol intercepted 200,000 illegal immigrants in July. Not counting the ones that slipped by. I’m sure they were all wearing masks and vaccinated.
    I dont disagree with that , but the broad brush " people that travel to Mexico " I test beforeI go, before I come back ...and I can assure you, in those areas they are cautious ..

I'm more concerned about real 'Muricans from certain states crossing their state borders and venturing into mine. Stay home gringos!

you should go to an interstate rest stop in maine, i think florida is having a convention there weekly. even the newyorkers there are cringing looking at those oranges on the plates
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Well my flights to New Orleans are booked for the October weekend.  I’ll be there regardless of what friggin variant we’re on at that point.  F it!  

Hope to see some of you miscreants and malcontents down there too.  
    So you are doing the exact opposite of what you preach on here? 
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Legume said:
    Legume said:
    If people would stop going to Mexico on vacation, stip going places where they are more likely to be exposed, get vaccinated when you can, etc., then this solves more quickly @Lit

There is no light switch to turn this off, you just do everything you can to chip away.  All the little things and all the big things.

Secure our southern border?
    Not where I was going with this.  Comment I was responding to mentioned places like Mexico not getting vaccines.  I probably should’ve just said stop flying around like there is no virus anymore.  Hawaii is flooded with people from all over, then they get back in their aluminum tubes and fly back to all over.  I had to fly this week.  Had to.  Didn’t want to.  60 min flight and a couple of hours of too much people contact on either end.  We need to act like there is a pandemic and we could die.  Imagine if the delta variant was more lethal to people that have been vaccinated?  That could be the next one.

10-4 My aluminum tube of choice come in 12oz capacities. Stay safe @Legume
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    Lit said:
    Well my flights to New Orleans are booked for the October weekend.  I’ll be there regardless of what friggin variant we’re on at that point.  F it!  

That is how the left rolls, do as I say not as I do.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Bellavista52
    Options
    My double vaxed wife contracted a breakthrough case of COVID-19 recently. Due to the vaccine, she only had a couple of bad days and is now recovering quickly, It works!
    XL and Small BGEs in South Carolina
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Lit said:

It’s funny but I don’t recall telling anyone not to travel to New Orleans.

I was being a little hyperbolic because I think Carey is a little tired of how much this thread has gone sideways, so I was just trying to shift things a little.  Obviously it didn’t work.

We’ll see where things stand by the time mid October rolls around.  I’m hoping the Delta surge will have come and gone in LA by that time.  But if we are legit looking at something worse by that point then I probably will cancel.  I’d hate to do it but there’s a good chance my youngest still isn’t vaccinated by that point.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Lit
    Options
    Lit said:

You have been telling people to stay away from groups and be safe. You are breaking both of those just to go to a BBQ get together in a place that has the virus really bad. I dont care what you do but dont be a hypocrite about it.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,766
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    DMW said:
    I'm always so very bored at these things...
    You dont say!

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Lit said:
    Lit said:

You have been telling people to stay away from groups and be safe. You are breaking both of those just to go to a BBQ get together in a place that has the virus really bad. I dont care what you do but dont be a hypocrite about it.
    Uhm, no.  I’ve been telling people to get vaccinated.  Nowhere here will you find me telling folks who are vaccinated themselves to avoid groups of people, at least not so far.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,766
    Options
  • Lit
    Options
    Lit said:
    Lit said:

Uhm, no.  I’ve been telling people to get vaccinated.  Nowhere here will you find me telling folks who are vaccinated themselves to avoid groups of people, at least not so far.
    You are such a hypocrite. You guys have bitched and complained about masks and going out the whole pandemic and now you are hosting a BBQ get together with people flying in and no masks required. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:

You are such a hypocrite. You guys have bitched and complained about masks and going out the whole pandemic and now you are hosting a BBQ get together with people flying in and no masks required. 
    You are confused, once again.  

Look at the gathering Nola had down there some time ago - the crawfish boil.  He said you had to be vaccinated to attend.  I wasn't, and so I couldn't go.  Otherwise I would have been there in a heartbeat.  

The point is that being vaccinated does change the calculus in terms of safety.  Now, with regard to the current trip, I booked all of that before the Delta surge and our current understanding of transmission.  We'll see where we are with all of this by mid October.  If it looks legit dangerous for me to go down there even though I'm vaccinated, then I won't go.  But we don't know what the world is going to look like even one month from now, never mind two.  

But I understand that mostly what you want to do is to throw poo here so I'll just let you carry on like the baboon that you are.  
  • Lit
    Options
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:

You are confused, once again.  

Look at the gathering Nola had down there some time ago - the crawfish boil.  He said you had to be vaccinated to attend.  I wasn't, and so I couldn't go.  Otherwise I would have been there in a heartbeat.  

The point is that being vaccinated does change the calculus in terms of safety.  Now, with regard to the current trip, I booked all of that before the Delta surge and our current understanding of transmission.  We'll see where we are with all of this by mid October.  If it looks legit dangerous for me to go down there even though I'm vaccinated, then I won't go.  But we don't know what the world is going to look like even one month from now, never mind two.  

But I understand that mostly what you want to do is to throw poo here so I'll just let you carry on like the baboon that you are.  
    You tell
    everyone to be responsible but you are willing to go when you know you can still
    get the virus and spread it in other places over a BBQ hang out. The fact that this thing isnt cancelled shows everything.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

• Lit
    Options

Thats what you have done for a year plus and now when it is you everything changes. Just pointing that out. You guys are the biggest hypocrites out there.
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    I wouldn’t waste my time explaining anything to @litisadouche. If I recall he went over to the neighbors and drank beer while he had the coronavirus. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I wouldn’t waste my time explaining anything to @litisadouche. If I recall he went over to the neighbors and drank beer while he had the coronavirus. 
    Yep.  I’ve had better luck explaining things to his wife ever since she shared her contact info with me:

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    Sideways does not come close to where this thread is now.  BTW- I did jump on an airplane and fly to @nolaegghead's crawfish boil in NO and chase chargrilled oysters in mid-April.  Every flight was 98%+ full.  I have been fully vaxxed since early Feb 2021.  The delta variant did not have the hold it does now.   The weekend was definitely worth it.  
    Yes, I was stood up by Linda.   B)

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,429
    Options
    Let’s attempt to right the ship, how many briskets are on the menu for October? Cooked how many different ways? 
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,345
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Let’s attempt to right the ship, how many briskets are on the menu for October? Cooked how many different ways? 
    Hold on a second! You're telling me that there are actual briskets at brisket camp? I thought it was something that was made up just to tell our wives.
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Lit
    Options
    You remember then it was after my son who we thought had it tested negative right?
  • Lit
    Options
    Yep.  I’ve had better luck explaining things to his wife ever since she shared her contact info with me:

My wife would laugh at your silly looking ass. You look like Howard Wolowitz from big bang theory.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Lit said:
    You remember then it was after my son who we thought had it tested negative right?
    Shouldn’t you be doing a set of downward dog pelvic thrusts in the middle of watching a Price Is Right episode right now, @Litoris
  • Lit
    Options
    Lit said:
    Shouldn’t you be doing a set of downward dog pelvic thrusts in the middle of watching a Price Is Right episode right now, @Litoris
    Did legs early today just got dome donating blood. How was your jog?
  • Terpderpitude
    Options
  • PeteSliver
    PeteSliver Posts: 153
    Options
    Lit said:
    My wife would laugh at your silly looking ass. You look like Howard Wolowitz from big bang theory.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    hoping you guys took the pfizer and not the moderna......
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Lit
    Options
    hoping you guys took the pfizer and not the moderna......
    Why?
  • Terpderpitude
    Options
    Lit said:

I wonder which corner Litoris thinks he’s in.