Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,510
    About to have lunch at the mall then go see a movie. While doing so I am enjoying their free 240v charging for my VW. A Volt and 2 Tesla Model Y’s have the same idea. 
    Yes, I was on my way to run it down the quarter mile. Best time was 11.1 seconds @123 mph.
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,597

Smobot dried out and seems to be working fine.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    Cringing while watching my packaging crew work. 5 new faces that will or won’t last the week. The employment pool is terrible
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    Just joined a Meat CSA. Like jelly of the month club but meat. Locally raised.  Seasonal selections.  I'm pumped. 

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102

Looks very happy, not at all pissed at the ahole owner…
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • BigreenGreg
    BigreenGreg Posts: 581

They call me “Nanner Puddin”!
    LBGE, 36" Blackstone, Anova Pro
    Charleston, SC
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,864
    I feel bad for Simone Biles.  Lot of pressure on her.  I hope she gets whatever help she needs.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    Got the new drone up

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Nanna head. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    The cat is thinking “He’s got to sleep sometime. Let him forget about it then I’ll go spray the Porsche”.
  • Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,510
    Long weekend coming up in Canada. Going to Niagara, and then up north ... traffic is gonna be nuts, trying to prepare my head ... not sure that's gonna work.

Is it a long weekend in the USA?
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • ColbyLang
    Long weekend coming up in Canada. Going to Niagara, and then up north ... traffic is gonna be nuts, trying to prepare my head ... not sure that's gonna work.

Ummm, no
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,657
    Fartin around with a laser and made a frame for a fan guard that I'll put hardware cloth on.

first thought was you were building another eiffel tower
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,657

traffic here is crazy without a long weekend.  im seeing license plates from the western part of the country ive never seen before heading to maine
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,162
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • nolaegghead
    lousubcap said:

Interestingly, the bluetooth pilot program starts with Stanley/Black and Decker, whose power tools, in my mind, are always in the category of:  "I'll pass".
    In a meeting getting updated on our regional COVID trajectory and learning that next week we will likely have to start limiting elective surgeries that will require more than a 24 hour hospital stay. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,162
    @Foghorn - Talk about impacting those beyond yourself.  I cannot understand the selfish nature of those who refuse the vax.  I have read numerous articles and heard many interviews but cannot grasp selecting the option of playing roulette with death (never mind spreading the virus) as opposed to the potential side effects.  
    I don't see a near-term (or potentially long-term) way out of this given the hard-over stance many have taken.  
    It has got to be extracting an even greater toll on the front-line workers this time given the availability of the vaccine that was not present 7-8 months ago.  Of course there is a healthy percentage of health care workers who have opted to not receive the vaccine.  
    Stay healthy and safe out there and thank you and your colleagues for all you do.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • nolaegghead
    edited July 2021
    lousubcap said:
    @Foghorn - Talk about impacting those beyond yourself.  I cannot understand the selfish nature of those who refuse the vax.  I have read numerous articles and heard many interviews but cannot grasp selecting the option of playing roulette with death (never mind spreading the virus) as opposed to the potential side effects.  
    I don't see a near-term (or potentially long-term) way out of this given the hard-over stance many have taken.  
    It has got to be extracting an even greater toll on the front-line workers this time given the availability of the vaccine that was not present 7-8 months ago.  Of course there is a healthy percentage of health care workers who have opted to not receive the vaccine.  
    Stay healthy and safe out there and thank you and your colleagues for all you do.
    SWMBO got out a couple month ago.  It was unbearable and she felt like she would rather work in another part of health care rather than be involved in the poor health care that resulted from under-staffing units with patients sicker than ever.  She loves her new job doing hospice admissions.  No actual patient care other than ordering meds and supplies for the caregivers, medically assessing patients and doing the triage and paperwork for the patient's comfort and the comfort of their families to make everything less painful. Also her body is worn out after 35 years of moving overweight patients, which is a good percentage of them.

lousubcap said:
    SWMBO got out a couple month ago.  It was unbearable and she felt like she would rather work in another part of health care rather than be involved in the poor health care that resulted from under-staffing units with patients sicker than ever.  She loves her new job going hospice admissions.  No actual patient care other than ordering meds and supplies for the caregivers, medically assessing patients and doing the triage and paperwork for the patient's comfort and the comfort of their families to make everything less painful. Also her body is worn out after 35 years of moving overweight patients, which is a good percentage of them.

Did not know that and good for her !!
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • ColbyLang
    I just got a call from a department contact tracer telling me a guy I arrested the other day tested positive. Luckily, I guess, I am vaccinated and am usually pretty careful around people I come into contact with. Especially the unclean. No symptoms for me, so no test or quarantine ordered. 
    Do y’all vaccinate inmates? Can see this thing spreading like crazy in a communal setting like prison
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    ColbyLang said:
    I just got a call from a department contact tracer telling me a guy I arrested the other day tested positive. Luckily, I guess, I am vaccinated and am usually pretty careful around people I come into contact with. Especially the unclean. No symptoms for me, so no test or quarantine ordered. 
    Do y’all vaccinate inmates? Can see this thing spreading like crazy in a communal setting like prison
    I can’t speak for the county jail, I would assume the long term guests are given the option. I know the state prison offers it and the inmate vaccination rate is reported at around 51%. Marks have been continually mandated in the jail, regardless of vaccine status, since this thing kicked off. Not sure the mask would do much in that kind of setting long term though. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• nolaegghead
    This must be a modern-day Genesis 7:11-12 thing except being able to swim or getting on a boat won't help you.