Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Turboing some ribs. Getting pizza also. Wife, Son, and Daughter all have birthdays within a 3 week time span from July 20th-Aug 9th or as I like to call it each year the perfect summer storm. We have one big party cause I ain't throwin 3 separate ones. Cornhole is out, TVs on. It's gonna be 100 today. Ya this gonna be fun!

Looks like a fantastic time. Guess my invitation got lost in the mail. 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    A little redneck engineering to clean up the middle dirt section of the rock pile I hauled in. 

They were just waiting to be brought to the scrap yard otherwise. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    A little redneck engineering to clean up the middle dirt section of the rock pile I hauled in. 

Nice work. 

Serious question… just how does one dispose of unwanted rocks? I dug out one of my window wells last week and hit A LOT of big rocks, making it a pretty major chore. I’m now left with a ton of sizeable rocks in the back yard and need to find a way to get rid of them. 
  • WeberWho
    edited July 2021
    Options
    WeberWho said:

Nice work. 

Serious question… just how does one dispose of unwanted rocks? I dug out one of my window wells last week and hit A LOT of big rocks, making it a pretty major chore. I’m now left with a ton of sizeable rocks in the back yard and need to find a way to get rid of them. 
    You can try posting on Craigslist/Marketplace for a garden or someone can use for fill. 

I had 7 pavers and 22 cement cement border pieces buried along the side of my house that the previous put in and covered at some point. I didn't know what to do with them. I listed them on Craigslist and I got a bunch of people wanting them. They were gone within 30 minutes. 

We pulled up a bunch of bigger rocks almost like boulders from our front yard when we were flattening our front yard with my dad's tractor. I tossed them on Craigslist and had a guy with a truck and trailer grab them. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @WeberWho: Not a bad idea. Thanks. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,981
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Just finished wrestling and rearranging a freezer (and dang near overloading another) to make way for this beast:
    24.9 lb SRF black brisket.

A surprise from my sister who hasn't sent me anything in over five years.  (I do send her something every b'day and Xmas...).  I have never seen one within 6 lbs of this thing.
    It will be a friggin stick burner cook that could take forever.  Definitely gonna be a learning experience as are all brisket cooks.  
    Edit: once I trim it, this may be the time I separate the flat and point to give me a fighting chance.  Time will tell.  
    You thinking chili, Frank?  ;)
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Bar
    Bar Posts: 166
    Options
    Holy **** that is a big brisket!
  • Bar
    Bar Posts: 166
    Options

Not that is funny 😆 
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,769
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Just finished wrestling and rearranging a freezer (and dang near overloading another) to make way for this beast:

A surprise from my sister who hasn't sent me anything in over five years.  (I do send her something every b'day and Xmas...).  I have never seen one within 6 lbs of this thing.
    It will be a friggin stick burner cook that could take forever.  Definitely gonna be a learning experience as are all brisket cooks.  
    Edit: once I trim it, this may be the time I separate the flat and point to give me a fighting chance.  Time will tell.  
    LoL
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Thawed a frozen point I had for a get together tonight. About 2 hours in gonna sauce and let go another 30 mins.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    15 mins and done.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,494
    edited July 2021
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    CBS This Morning had a story on Snake River Farms this morning, very interesting.  The founder managed to import a few Wagyu bulls from Japan to north Washington State right before they banned their export, and he started doing scientific breeding with american Angus; he died early and his 33-yr-old son had to take over the business.  One thing I found interesting was his immediate answer to the question, "Are you relying on "branding", or "word-of-mouth", to grow your brand?"  He laughed and said there's no way he could afford Super Bowl ads, definitely concentrate on the product and rely on word-of-mouth.  Apparently its working.
    They also closely track the DNA of every single cow, and can trace any sold steak up their lineage to the original Japanese bull ("wag" is Japanese for "Japanese", and "yu" is Japanese for "cow"; romantic, innit?)  A cool blend of cowboy ranching and scientific tech.  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Made a dolly because I needed a dolly.  Last night.
    edited July 2021
    Options
    There are headlines, stories, and photos that we just don't expect to see in our lifetimes.
    But here we are.

Goose flying upside down is simply showing off, say experts

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• WeberWho
    Options
    Thermostat

Minnesota
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Botch said:
    "yu" is Japanese for "cow"
    肛門 is Japanese for anus 👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,407
    Options
    @Botch- I can personally attest to the SRF word-of-mouth working but you have to back that up with the product and customer service both of which are top notch.  I will have to find the CBS story.  Thanks for the info.  

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Are those blimp casters? 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited August 2021
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    Are those blimp casters? 
    only 1 is.  turns out there was only 1 on that blimp, so had to source the others from harbor freight

Options
    Reading a great book. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,436
    Options
    Just a seasoning run or actually cooking on it @lkapigian? What’s on the menu?