Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Chef-ing Tonight, Dr?

Options

Comments

• setdahook
    setdahook Posts: 284
    Options
    Out of my league so chicken fries and a whopper
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Bar
    Bar Posts: 166
    Options
    caliking said:
    Cleaning out some odds and ends from the fridge. Stuffed chix breast... onion, queso fresco, quesadilla cheese, lemon zest, sweet peppers, basil, boursin, garlic. Seasoned with Momofuku Savory salt. 

Sweet Jesus!  That looks delicious 
  • 4TheGrillOfIt
    Options
    Butter chicken.  I was in a hurry. 
    In a hurry to eat it!  One of my favorite Indian dishes.
    XL BGE, Large BGE, Small BGE, Weber Summit NG                                                                                               
    Memphis  
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options

@Mattman3969 That's a lovely plate, as usual. 

What did you put on the chix? Your own rub concoction, or something you purchased? What did you think of it?

Enquiring minds want to know :) 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    And i see those pecans!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    @caliking - The curry was a mix I made from stuff in the cabinet.  Lol 

Evoo,curry powder,cumin,turmeric, paprika,ginger, garlic and lime juice and zest.  Kind of a mix from multiple recipes I’ve read lately.  Just left out the salt and added zest.  It was killer.  

For the pecans I used 1tbls of honey and 1/4 tsp of curry powder until bubbly and coating 1/2 cup of pecans. Threw in bout 1/2tbls of unsalted butter to melt to keep the pecans from sticking together.  It was great as well. 

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Big chunks o cobia
    Options
    @nolaegghead - First time I ever had cobia was when my son caught one fishing south of Tampa.  It is quite tasty, especially fresh off the hook.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,098
    Options

Looks like chicken.....but real fun to catch! Very nice!
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,485
    Options
    No pics, and not exactly a "cheffing" moment, but yesterday I zipped up my usual batch of hummus, but didn't have any more tahini paste.  Before I grabbed the peanut butter (my usual stand-in) I remembered I had half a tub of cashew butter from the health food store, and tried a 1:1 swap with that instead.
    OMG.  I may never buy tahini paste again.   :o  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• 4TheGrillOfIt
    Options
    The crab shortage is real.  I was unable to find lump crab meat as our usual gumbo topper. 

XL BGE, Large BGE, Small BGE, Weber Summit NG                                                                                               
    Memphis  
  • Wooderson
    Wooderson Posts: 355
    Options

Spatchcock turkey  for the fam.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    caliking said:
    Garbage frittata … emptied out the fridge. Onion, bell pepper, spinach, artichoke hearts, sundried tomato, queso  fresco, a dash of chimichurri, feta, ricotta, cheddar. Maybe a few other things I needed to use up. 

With food wastage being an absolute epidemic in Western society, this is an approach I greatly appreciate. Looks delish to boot. 
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    caliking said:
    Garbage frittata … emptied out the fridge. Onion, bell pepper, spinach, artichoke hearts, sundried tomato, queso  fresco, a dash of chimichurri, feta, ricotta, cheddar. Maybe a few other things I needed to use up. 

I’ll help clean out the fridge anytime. I work for frittatas.  

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.