Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,597
    @alaskanassasin you have a gleaner for combine?
     Yep, shes a old gleaner. I get some custom combine work during wheat because I can take the chopper off and shoot out nice pretty long straw.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    Implementing a company wide customer wide price increase. First time in a decade. Can’t keep absorbing the rising cost of goods….expecting angry phone calls 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    ColbyLang said:
    Implementing a company wide customer wide price increase. First time in a decade. Can’t keep absorbing the rising cost of goods….expecting angry phone calls 
    That sounds fair.  From the perspective of annual inflation and consumer price index, you should be making about 5% less over a decade, fix it.

PS - get ready for another potential flood event this weekend, I'm sorry to say.

United States Consumer Price Index - Wikipedia

@SGH - do you have any money shots of that fish, or maybe some more photos from another perspective? 
    ColbyLang said:
    That sounds fair.  From the perspective of annual inflation and consumer price index, you should be making about 5% less over a decade, fix it.

PS - get ready for another potential flood event this weekend, I'm sorry to say.

Models have that storm wetting you more than me. Unfortunately, I hope they’re correct. (They never are)
  • nolaegghead
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:

Models have that storm wetting you more than me. Unfortunately, I hope they’re correct. (They never are)
    SWMBO has been in the Lake Charles area  (and driving all around it) for the last 4 days for her workand she said the flood damage from the recent hurricanes and freak rain events is terrible. 

@SGH - do you have any money shots of that fish, or maybe some more photos from another perspective? 
    I'm pretty sure he used the same pics last week - saying he was doing the same thing.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,510
    lousubcap said:
    @WeberWho - great call.  You know your exotics.
    Yeah for real! Good call. Still worth shedding a tear for it though.
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Put a deposit down on the Suzuki DRZ 400S, will complete transaction and take delivery in 3-4 weeks. 

Dealer was happy to hold it, said with a Sold tag on it but still on the floor he would get orders for the next shipment he gets. 
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Foghorn said:
    I'm pretty sure he used the same pics last week - saying he was doing the same thing.
    Compare the pics. Not the same. Same place (Rocky Creek Catfish House) and the same food. Different day different pics. They are only open 3 days a week. I try to go once every week. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    But for the record, if I had half of either one of y’all’s money I would be there everyday that door was open 👍

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    SGH said:
    Foghorn said:
    Compare the pics. Not the same. Same place (Rocky Creek Catfish House) and the same food. Different day different pics. They are only open 3 days a week. I try to go once every week. 
    I thought about doing that.  Then I realized 1) I would have to invest some time and 2) it might undermine my opportunity to give you a hard time.  Neither of those was in my best interest.   =)

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    cleaning out gutters. Nothing better than a roof on a 90* day. Lol

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• SGH
    ColtsFan said:

The only thing that I can think of that might be better than that is being up there in August when it’s 100 degrees 🤪

Status- Standing by.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    @lkapigian sweet bark.  The recipients are gonna be eating quite well.
    BTW- you recall the pepper to salt ratio/  B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    edited June 2021
    lousubcap said:
    @lkapigian sweet bark.  The recipients are gonna be eating quite well.
    BTW- you recall the pepper to salt ratio/  B)
    Thanks @lousubcap..... Lol, I know my ratio...i go volume ( even though I weigh most everything ...tbs pepper vs tons = grain salt are 2 different t beasts ) 2/1/1 pepper salt garlic ..1tbs MSG per cup of rub ..gets me a decent bark that no one ever sees lol..

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    17# SRF black grade brisket in the fridge for a defrost. Father’s Day protein planned. Siblings and parents on sides and desserts. Tropical storm be damned, we’ll be eating wagyu 
  • nolaegghead
    Checking out the weather.  Giddyup.
    Those gentle summer breezes.
  • Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,510
    ColtsFan said:

I can see my pool from my roof, as well as my cabana, which has freezing cold beers in it, so 90 degree day becomes a perfect day to do a job like that.
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • Gamecockeggman
    Gamecockeggman Posts: 1,329
    :s Working  :s
    Go Gamecocks!!!
    1 XL, 1 MM
    Smoking in Aiken South Carolina
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    Thanks @Botch for the read.  Learn something new dang near every day here.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SGH
    @Foghorn @nolaegghead
    Thought I would hit the catfish again today before the pending bad weather hits. Took this pic just for you two millionaires.  

Status- Standing by.

• Begger
    Begger Posts: 569
    About 10" from putting on some thighs and corn on cob......
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    That’s a heck of a blind taste group
    Greensboro, NC
  • ColtsFan said:

I just did mine at sunrise yesterday. 
  • Tore into this with a neighbour last night. He’s not a hot sauce guy, but evidently has solid determination. All things considered, I was really impressed at how he handled it.