Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    @SciAggie - Great lookin groceries once again.  Better to be lucky than good any day.
    What do you think your level of influence on the menus for the events is/was??  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    SciAggie said:
    I had no influence on the menu. My in-laws know how to throw a party. 
    The best compliment I was given at the paella meal was that I was “ahead of my time” in central Texas with paella. I have been scolded about “burning” the rice (the socarrat). After a “real” paella chef did the same thing they were kind enough to admit I DID know what I was doing. 
    hahaha....seriously, you're light years ahead of most of the California Epicures. 

@SciAggie - Your in-laws surely do know how to do it up right.  Can't imagine anyone who had any knowledge (that may be the issue) giving you a once-over about the socarrat.  Party-on!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • PigBeanUs
    PigBeanUs Posts: 932
    Eoin said:
    last nights lake association (im not in the lake association) has determined my dock is a wreck. building inspector says its not in his jurisdiction, conservation officer says its not in his.  what to do, what to do =)
    Nothing?

im not sure yet, if i pull it out there may actually be a problem installing a new one with the conservation officer. crazy in conservation areas, if something is still standing you can sometimes build one half, then remove and rebuild the second half without permits. remove the whole thing and now its permits with the town and state.  that and a simple phone call would have been more appropriate than trying to push things with fines.  22 years in this house and they finally found me
    You should always be able to repair non-conforming structures. 

If you are worried about rebuilding all at once, repair whatever is worst. Decking? Maybe the pilings?

then repair the rest end of the season

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    bubbajack said:
    Sun goes down and this shows up.

On the gulf side of Florida myself. The ocean soothes the visual and auditory side of things. Cheers. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    Making bread all day, the food industry doesn’t stop for many holidays....this being one of them 
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    I clicked on @Botch 's photo link in his auto-signature.  A-MAZING!  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • CigarCityEgger
    CigarCityEgger Posts: 2,109
    Had to do two clean burns on the egg and replace the gasket for the first time. Shocked how much gunk had built up over the past 4 years. But she looked real pretty afterwards, so have a rack of baby backs on now. Running 240ish  bc we have the time today. Going to wrap with some peach preserves at 2 hours. Shooting to be done around 6:30, potato salad, slaw and corn on the cob to follow.
    After yard work, re-staining the kids playset, I’m going to enjoy an adult beverage here shortly. 

Hope everyone is enjoying their day, take a moment to remember why we have this day to observe and enjoy our freedoms. God bless 
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,597
    Interesting Mayo @nolaegghead
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    Ribs and a reverse seared ribeye for a snack

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• buzzvol
    buzzvol Posts: 534
    Spam spam spam
    Daaauum son!
    Lawrenceville, GA
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Sitting on the back porch with the wife and a glass of wine, smelling an occasionally checking on the turkey breast in the egg.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    @Foghorn- you are the Q'ing machine right there.  Great tools to ply your craft as well.  I'm sure the banquet was a big hit.  Gotta keep the boss (beyond SWMBO) happy.  Nailed it all from this distance.  
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Reminded me of anus 👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure