Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Chef-ing Tonight, Dr?

Options

Comments

• Mustache_Vol
    Options
    Snacking on ribs
    I mustachesk you about your rib recipe. 
    These are St. Louis ribs, but I basically followed this recipe: https://thebbqbuddha.com/big-green-egg-baby-back-ribs/. I just used the rub and sauce I already had. 

They could have used a little more time to cook (I didn’t cook as long as the recipe says), but I had to cut the cooks short for a few errands. 
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options

Final plate from last night

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @buzd504 Those look huge. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,085
    Options
    Figured I would do my best to support @nolaegghead communist experiment ....

Chefing these today.  Ribs trimmed St. Louis style, seasoned with Oak Ridge Dominator Sweet Rib rub, on both sides, and added salt and pepper on the bottom side.  Spritzing with apple cider vinegar and worchestershire.  No wrap, naked all they way.  Like a beautiful orgy.

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,974
    Options
    You guys are killing it tonight.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,375
    Options
    @Buckwoody Egger sweet finish on that $$ shot.  Great cook!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    Which induction cooktop is that?
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    I need a pair of these to read this forum...Horizontal Lazy Glasses

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,098
    Options

I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,746
    Options

Pretty clever. But you’re missing it’s most obvious and useful application - pretending to nap on the beach while you take in the scenery. 
    Do the glasses include mirrors to place on the top of your shoes?
    Stillwater, MN
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options

Pretty clever. But you’re missing it’s most obvious and useful application - pretending to nap on the beach while you take in the scenery. 
    Do the glasses include mirrors to place on the top of your shoes?
    No mirrors, just my new Tony Lama boots.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Legume said:

Sesame kimchi broccoli, version 1.0.  Served as a side, kind of salad but it was luke warm when we served it.  Cold would be good too, maybe better.  Chopped al dente steamed broccoli, chopped kimchi, mayo, sesame seeds and drizzle of sesame oil.  It could’ve used some chopped peanuts or almonds maybe.  Something with a little crunch. Will definitely make again and tweak it.  It was probably 3:1 broccoli to kimchi.
    Looks good. Proof that you are deserving of your handle, @Legume
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Legume said:

Sesame kimchi broccoli, version 1.0.  Served as a side, kind of salad but it was luke warm when we served it.  Cold would be good too, maybe better.  Chopped al dente steamed broccoli, chopped kimchi, mayo, sesame seeds and drizzle of sesame oil.  It could’ve used some chopped peanuts or almonds maybe.  Something with a little crunch. Will definitely make again and tweak it.  It was probably 3:1 broccoli to kimchi.
    Did you use Kewpie mayo or regular? 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    edited March 2021
    Options
    if one were to put miracle whip in a kewpie container, would any one know the difference. my chefing is getting too expensive, looking to save a buck
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • WesJohnson
    WesJohnson Posts: 130
    edited March 2021
    Options
    you put miracle whip in a kewpie container you may as well put white people into internment camps. then burn it to the ground
    I used to be able to name every nut that there was. 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,624
    Options
    Regular mayo which around here means Kraft olive oil mayo.  Never had the itch to try kewpie, dukes, etc.  this didn’t really have  mayo to flavor it, more a sticky vehicle for the kimchi.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,485
    Options
    if one were to put miracle whip in a kewpie container, would any one know the difference. my chefing is getting too expensive, looking to save a buck
    America's Test Kitchen did a mayo comparison a couple weeks back.  Kewpie came in third; Best Foods came in first (I believe its the Hellman's brand, east of the Mississippi, I don't know why that's the case with so many food brands).  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    Botch said:
    America's Test Kitchen did a mayo comparison a couple weeks back.  Kewpie came in third; Best Foods came in first (I believe its the Hellman's brand, east of the Mississippi, I don't know why that's the case with so many food brands).  

the aldis mayo is in the same jar with same cover and tastes like hellmans as well, thinking its made under dozens of labels
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it