Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Chef-ing Tonight, Dr?

Comments

• SonVolt said:

That poor man. Seriously. Pre-camera phones and social media, this would have been an embarrassing moment that he wouldn’t even have recalled and that only would have been witnessed by his peers for a brief moment. In this day and age, it’s a lifelong millstone around his neck. Obviously, we should all behave responsibly, but when we falter, we can only hope the subject moment will not be eternalized in this manner. 
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    @caliking That is so cool. It’s great that he enjoys cooking and that y’all are support his efforts. Memories are being made by everyone involved. I wish I could hit the like button more than once. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,801
    SciAggie said:
    @caliking That is so cool. It’s great that he enjoys cooking and that y’all are support his efforts. Memories are being made by everyone involved. I wish I could hit the like button more than once. 
    I enjoy that he enjoys it.  It’s very fun, but somewhat unnerving, to cook with a 7yo :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,130
    All served on the finest china. 
    Hope everything went well today!
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,130
    Wings, Dizzy Pig Ghost!

I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,497
    bubbajack said:
    All served on the finest china. 
    Hope everything went well today!
    Appreciate it. All indications are everything went well and as expected. Post op next week and we will no more. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• poster
    poster Posts: 1,201
    Anybodys parents or grandparents used to call miracle whip salad dressing? Or is that a regional thing??
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,210
    poster said:
    Anybodys parents or grandparents used to call miracle whip salad dressing? Or is that a regional thing??

miracle whip says dressing on the label, does not say mayo
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Cabbage, onions, potatoes, bacon with some Guinness for good measure. Also doing pepper stout beef sandwiches. 

I like where this is headed. Finished pics please and thank you. 
    Sorry. The savages (and beer and whiskey) got to it before I could remember to get some final pics. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,547
    poster said:
    @poster Upstate New York- parents called it salad dressing. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,458
    Dad called it salad dressing 

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,547
    @Acn- Where's the pancetta?  Besides that, great looking dish.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SciAggie
    edited March 2021
    Perhaps I’m a confused adult because of this. My parents called Miracle Whip mayonnaise - and I could see that it clearly said salad dressing. Yet we never put it on salads. And I didn’t know what real mayonnaise tasted like. Did it taste like miracle whip? Why didn’t we actually use mayonnaise? Was this a secret? Were my parents unable to read the label? Were we poor? Was Miracle Whip better? #ermagerd
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,801
    SciAggie said:
    Perhaps I’m a confused adult because of this. My parents called Miracle Whip mayonnaise - and I could see that it clearly said salad dressing. Yet we never put it on salads. And I didn’t know what real mayonnaise tasted like. Did it taste like miracle whip? Why didn’t we actually use mayonnaise? Was this a secret? Were my parents unable to read the label? Were we poor? Was Miracle Whip better? #ermagerd
    Very quick recap of my childhood - folks moved back to India in the late 80's. I had been going to school there since '84. Us kids missed some 'Murican things, so mom stepped up. Mayo was not a thing in India at the time, so she made it at home for us. Also, things like fried chicken, hamburgers, etc. 

Fast forward to when I returned Stateside for college, and such. Took me months to figure out why store mayo tasted so weird. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Soccer match last night that pushed my St Patrick’s corned beef and cabbage to this evening. Went the fast route in the instant pot- 15 minutes left and I am starving. 
    Greensboro, NC
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,444
    lousubcap said:
    @Acn- Where's the pancetta?  Besides that, great looking dish.  
    It’s in there, little pink cubes.  A lot of extra pecorino is probably hiding some.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• SciAggie
    @caliking Funny. When I was reading about Kewpie Mayonnaise I was thinking, “So make my aioli with vegetable oil and I have Kewpie...”
    What’s anything really supposed to taste like????
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,316

South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,825
    edited March 2021
    Eoin said:
    Dom's GF was round for tea tonight. She's a veggie (nice girl, despite the veggie thing) so Anne made a quiche. Luckily, I got wind of this before I left work and stopped at the butcher for some chuck. Smash burgers on the MMX.

How many of those did the GF eat?

(edit: Following an earlier request from my wife, I am also making smash burgers tonight.)
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    (New Orleans band, BTW)
    Wangs

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,025
    (New Orleans band, BTW)
    Fantastic debut album, every song had razor-sharp songwriting.  Never heard from them again.   :|  

When does an old joke become a "Dad" joke?  When it's apparent.