Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,476
    Options
    Gulfcoastguy said:
    My first smartphone was a Galaxy 1. The charging port crashed when the phone was one year and one day old. I was in the middle of a two year phone contract, the manufacturers warranty was for 1 year. I had to pay off the contract and sign up for a new one. 
    Holy Hell.  They've got it down to a science.  :angry:   

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,761
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    @SonVolt,

low flow across all burners? That’s indicative of a bad regulator, not just air in the line. Can you separate the line at the appliance to see if there’s any trash present? Could be something simple like the diaphragm is stuck on the regulator after you turned the LP back on
    Agreed...lp regulators where I am go to hell every few years
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,423
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    ColbyLang said:
    @SonVolt,

low flow across all burners? That’s indicative of a bad regulator, not just air in the line. Can you separate the line at the appliance to see if there’s any trash present? Could be something simple like the diaphragm is stuck on the regulator after you turned the LP back on
    Ditto here with frying fish, crawfish and crab boils. The new ones have a safety feature that the gas pressure has to be slowly applied or the diaphragm inside the regulator won’t operate properly. This too could be his issue. The fix is to disconnect the fuel source, reconnect and slowly open the valve
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,649
    Options
    bucky925 said:
    Sitting here being very impatient because I can't get my hands on my precious granddaughter .  F...ING covid.

Awesome brother! Congratulations! Beautiful baby.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    lkapigian said:
    ColbyLang said:
    @SonVolt,

Ditto here with frying fish, crawfish and crab boils. The new ones have a safety feature that the gas pressure has to be slowly applied or the diaphragm inside the regulator won’t operate properly. This too could be his issue. The fix is to disconnect the fuel source, reconnect and slowly open the valve
    Its probably common sense but also make sure all your burners are off. If they arent the regulators sense a leak and go into a low mode also. Ive had both of these issues with my pizza oven opening the valve too fast and not having it all the way off and both ways it just gives a minimum amount of gas.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,340
    Options
    Not my pic, but we had a sun dog this morning.

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    bucky925 said:
    Sitting here being very impatient because I can't get my hands on my precious granddaughter .  F...ING covid.

Congrats my friend. She is beautiful.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Kayak
    Kayak Posts: 700
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Not my pic, but we had a sun dog this morning.

You have two sun dogs this morning...

Bob

New Cumberland, PA
    XL with the usual accessories

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    lkapigian said:
    ColbyLang said:
    @SonVolt,

I will try that when I get home from work today. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    Anyone know why a gas range would have a very low flame? I had to turn our gas line off at the house yesterday (LP) and after I turned it back on everything worked fine except the gas range. Just getting very low output. 

Does that mean there's air in the line? If so, how do you purge it? I've let stove run for 20+ minutes and it didn't seem to help. Maybe my regulator's going bad? 

is it still cold out, ive had it freeze at the tank with the stove having low output, gas company upgraded everything at the tank.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    Making the award winning Salado brisket chili for the first time. I’m going to share it with some neighbors that have been without power for a couple of days. 
    We had our leftovers of that last night.  I swear that recipe gets better on the second or even third days.  The flavors just have even more of a chance to infuse.

I would recommend halving the amount of chile powder and cayenne.  You can always add more back in at the end, to suit your tastes.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • SonVolt
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    Anyone know why a gas range would have a very low flame? I had to turn our gas line off at the house yesterday (LP) and after I turned it back on everything worked fine except the gas range. Just getting very low output. 

Does that mean there's air in the line? If so, how do you purge it? I've let stove run for 20+ minutes and it didn't seem to help. Maybe my regulator's going bad? 

is it still cold out, ive had it freeze at the tank with the stove having low output, gas company upgraded everything at the tank.

Currently 25F. The tank is a 1000gal underground and everything is still getting sufficient gas - water heater, furnace etc. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • fishlessman
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    SonVolt said:

Currently 25F. The tank is a 1000gal underground and everything is still getting sufficient gas - water heater, furnace etc. 

shouldnt be a problem with an underground tank, my above ground ones face a north wind and 5 degrees would do it.  was strange though, i didnt notice the boiler or water heater having a problem, just the big burners on the stove top.  cant imagine getting a bill all at once for a 1000 gallon tank, right now im going thru 500 bucks every other week with this cold wind lately
    fukahwee maine

• SonVolt
    Options
    It costs me ~$500-700 a year to top it off in the summer.  This cold spell here is unusual so we don't typically burn that much gas during the year. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,052
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    SonVolt said:

shouldnt be a problem with an underground tank, my above ground ones face a north wind and 5 degrees would do it.  was strange though, i didnt notice the boiler or water heater having a problem, just the big burners on the stove top.  cant imagine getting a bill all at once for a 1000 gallon tank, right now im going thru 500 bucks every other week with this cold wind lately
     I have propane being delivered today.  Price is up 13% since November.  I usually go through about 800 gallons per year.  Cold snaps definitely increase my burn rate.  Nov-March are about 600 of those gallons.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,340
    Options
    Microwaved a cardboard bowl of ramen. Added a splash of fish sauce, sambal oelek and shoyu. SWMBO does not appreciate the aroma in the kitchen right now :)
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,349
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina - my SRF goodie box was originally scheduled for today.  With the friggin weather I hope it just gets here at some point although I was alerted that it would be delayed.
    No worries though as I had a Porter Road goodie box arrive last week.  
    Enjoy the cooks and eats.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @JohnInCarolina - my SRF goodie box was originally scheduled for today.  With the friggin weather I hope it just gets here at some point although I was alerted that it would be delayed.
    No worries though as I had a Porter Road goodie box arrive last week.  
    Enjoy the cooks and eats.  
    Luckily it is being delivered during epic cold, which increases the chances of it still being frizen when it arrives.

One year I had two Black grade briskets delivered a few days late in 110 deg weather.  They were around 50 deg and thawed when I got them.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Microwaved a cardboard bowl of ramen. Added a splash of fish sauce, sambal oelek and shoyu. SWMBO does not appreciate the aroma in the kitchen right now :)
    Ya.  I can't make Pad Thai in the house anymore.  The fish sauce aroma is what did it.  :smile:

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    ColtsFan said:
    Ya.  I can't make Pad Thai in the house anymore.  The fish sauce aroma is what did it.  :smile:

Can't someone make a fish sauce that doesn't smell like ass?   
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    ColtsFan said:

Can't someone make a fish sauce that doesn't smell like ass?   
    Nope, that is part of its charm.
  • fishlessman
    Options
    the asian fish sauce is a flower bouquet compared to the over priced italian stuff
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    Options
    just talked to a neighbor, all the catalytics were cut out of his work trucks last night. 8 trucks in 15 minutes and an unmarked uhaul with plates and numbers covered
    fukahwee maine

• Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    just talked to a neighbor, all the catalytics were cut out of his work trucks last night. 8 trucks in 15 minutes and an unmarked uhaul with plates and numbers covered
    Happens every time unemployment soars. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    What the!?  Seriously sucks.  They sell them all for less than $1k and he pays $14k to get his trucks fixed.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options

That is awesome!!