Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Doing Right Now? (non OT version)

Comments

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,458
    edited January 2021
    Hand extruded beef balls, for Ramen or soup.

canuckland
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    Getting ready to go to my parents tomorrow evening. Dad needs another shot in the eyeball. Mom had me buy a couple of live traps 🪤 for the squirrels that have taken up residence in their attic. I hope to do a 5 pound pork loin with Florida Wet Rub and take it there weather permitting.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Cheeseburger calzone.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Gumbo night
    The best night of the week 👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Update on the chili oil project:

This stuff is legit.
    What is your plan for the oil? I know you got something up your sleeve.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    @SciAggie I have no idea the taste but that photo is above magazine quality.  
    BTW - I am quite confident the taste is off the chart as well.  Great cook.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SGH said:

This stuff is legit.
    To put it on all kinds of different food, and to eat it.  That is the plan.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    @lousubcap Thank you. My wife and I really enjoy the fresh pasta. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    SciAggie said:
    Pappardelle pasta with olive tapenade. 

I was able to use my own pancetta which was fun. 
    There is no telling how much of that I would eat.  All I know is that when I look at that plate I think "I'm definitely going back for seconds".

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    SGH said:

This stuff is legit.
    I see DanDan noodles in your future, and other Szechuan dishes.  And scrambled eggs...

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    The perfect answer. At first it sounds sarcastic, but at the same time it is simple and honest. The oil looks and sounds delicious. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    Botch said:
    SGH said:

This stuff is legit.
    I see DanDan noodles in your future, and other Szechuan dishes.  And scrambled eggs...
    That would be a most excellent pizza drizzle oil
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Botch said:
    SGH said:

This stuff is legit.
    @foghorn would DEFINITELY go back for seconds...(DanDan noodles, get it?)

SGH said:

This stuff is legit.
    That would be a most excellent pizza drizzle oil
    That is legit the thing that made me even start to think about making chili oil.  We have a local pizza place that puts it out.  It definitely adds some zip to the pie.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    Botch said:
    SGH said:

This stuff is legit.
    @foghorn would DEFINITELY go back for seconds...(DanDan noodles, get it?)

Everybody loves some DanDan.  Especially if it gets spiced up with some chili oil.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Just trying to decide what to do with the kids today. -20F with wind chill. 
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Start packing?
    Greensboro, NC
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    A usual January day here in Louisiana....60° with about 100% humidity 
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,850
    Catastrophic scenes in the UK.  This will genuinely paralyse the country, were we not all locked in already. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • CPFC1905 said:
    Catastrophic scenes in the UK.  This will genuinely paralyse the country, were we not all locked in already. 
    Beautiful. Not sure where you’re located, but I spent a few weeks in Bourton on the Water, then London a few years back. This scene is reminiscent of some of the English countryside I saw. Was a mix of business and pleasure and I brought the family. Fantastic trip. 
  • Keeping an eye on those temps. Windchill factor means it feels a lot colder.

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    Keeping an eye on those temps. Windchill factor means it feels a lot colder.

Tomorrow marks the anniversary of the great Blizzard of 78’. 20-25ft snow drifts with winds 40-50mph. Wind chill was something like -40. 

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,850
    edited January 2021
    CPFC1905 said:
    Beautiful. Not sure where you’re located, but I spent a few weeks in Bourton on the Water, then London a few years back. This scene is reminiscent of some of the English countryside I saw. Was a mix of business and pleasure and I brought the family. Fantastic trip. 
    In the Chilterns at Wendover, Buckinghamshire.    We are about half way between Oxford and London,  and one mile from Chequers, the official home of the Prime Minister.  

Same view from the Summer;

@Stormbringer put a lovely image on Insta & Twitter (@cooksdigest) of his snow scene, too.   @Eoin is probably under thick blanket of snow direct from Norway,  his near neighbours   =)
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay