Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Doing Right Now? (non OT version)

Options
1717274767779

Comments

  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,902
    Options
    You could follow this video;
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ap2QHc3SbU

    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    We have one of those new-fangled squatty things (not my doing) and it makes it really hard to use my smartphone.  Toilet tech SUCKS
    When is someone finally going to invent the much-needed tablidet?
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,373
    Options
    I too am occasionally forced to watch Bravo with SWMBO. 

    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    I too am occasionally forced to watch Bravo with SWMBO. 

    Bravo (pun intended) to any man or woman who goes to lengths to make his/her spouse happy. My favourite way to spend an evening with my wife is to do her favourite things. 
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    Well not right now but the other day.   I tried to make a cheater version  of Demi-glace and had an epic fail.  I did all the veggies and chicken wings.  I thought I could just run to the grocery store to get beef shanks or ox tails.  Well no dice so I proceeded with what I had.  It never turned into gel.   Did I not have enough connective tissue with just the wings?   I went by the recipe I had otherwise.  It was a huge waste of an afternoon.   Suggestions?

    Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,607
    Options
    Mis-en-place.  Don't fire the fire til you are good to go-from a pedestrian member here.
    And no comment on the demi-glace.  Way above my skill-set.
    Be well.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,567
    Options
    bucky925 said:
    Well not right now but the other day.   I tried to make a cheater version  of Demi-glace and had an epic fail.  I did all the veggies and chicken wings.  I thought I could just run to the grocery store to get beef shanks or ox tails.  Well no dice so I proceeded with what I had.  It never turned into gel.   Did I not have enough connective tissue with just the wings?   I went by the recipe I had otherwise.  It was a huge waste of an afternoon.   Suggestions?
    How many wings vs how much water?  And, did you chill it (it won't gel at room temp)?  
    My local Asian mega-mart (which I still can't believe we have here in northern utard) has 2-lb packages of.... chicken feet!  I plan on making a broth with wings and feet (along with some unique, hand-made necklaces for friends) with them.  
    I was amazed at the stock-pot full of gel, in the frig, the first time I made a "proper" cheekun broth, and the subsequent soups were fantastic.  Good luck Bucky!  
    _____________

    "I hear you're free on Wednesdays..."    - JB  


  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    @Botch. It was a huge pack of wings.   I simmered it for several hours then put it in the fridge over night.  Next morning back on for a slow simmer for several hours.   Back in the fridge when cooled.  Next morning still liquid. 

    Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    edited January 2021
    Options
    I see Lodge outlet in South Pits has their inventory back up. I swung by after Christmas and they had hardly anything on the shelves. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,166
    Options
    There are two retail stores that when I am in.......I have a high level of impulse purchase palsy. A good ol fashion vinyl record store is the first. The Lodge store is a close second. I have more cast iron than a man can use......and yet always want more. On the Dutch oven front, I have 3 sizes. I still have opportunity ahead. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

    Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,373
    Options
    Whelp, The snow blower dealer called. On back order until March. Back to the drawing board or maybe I wait and try to score a summertime deal.
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

  • JohnInCarolina
    Options


    Somewhat third rail but hopefully my friends here will permit the light touch.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    She was incredibly brilliant.
    ______________________________________________
    I love lamp..
  • TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,342
    Options
    @Cornholio very sorry to hear about your loss.
    LBGE
    AL
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    New a-hole in the family  



    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,497
    Options
    New a-hole in the family  



    Cute fluffy A-hole there. Glad my wife didn’t see this pic. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    New a-hole in the family  



    They look cute and cuddly, but all they think asleep or awake is killing! (fortunately we're too big for them to kill).

    ______________________________________________
    I love lamp..
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,439
    Options
    kl8ton said:


    Stopped by on our way thru. 

    Mothership closed for Covid, otherwise I would have stopped there too!
    No Dutch ovens other than 5 quart but yes everything else was plentiful. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,380
    Options
    Getting tested for the ‘rona. Pretty sure it will be negative, but we will see. 
    Las Vegas, NV


  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @lousubcap Good for you. Stay safe until round 2.

    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Bellavista52
    Options
    Got my first 'rona test result - Not detected!
    XL and Small BGEs in South Carolina
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Got the first shot of the Pfizer vaccine earlier today.  How sweet it is.  Very efficient operation.  Biggest challenge was finding a place to park (administered at a hospital).  Can't wait for the second one.  
    One of the few benefits of being old, I guess.  

    Good to hear Cap.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.


  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,380
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Got the first shot of the Pfizer vaccine earlier today.  How sweet it is.  Very efficient operation.  Biggest challenge was finding a place to park (administered at a hospital).  Can't wait for the second one.  
    One of the few benefits of being old, I guess.  
    Got up this morning to get ready for work. I felt terrible. Had a headache, nausea, body aches and chills. Per department protocol, I called in sick and notified Health & Safety. They sent me to get tested and told to await a call from a contact tracer. A few hours go by, got tested and the phone rings. Went through all the standard questions and the guy asks me if I have recently received any portion of vaccine. “Yep, got the first dose of Moderna on the 12th.” I hear the guy say to someone else, “He got the 1st Moderna on the 12th and called with symptoms this morning. He said he’s feeling better, so maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel.”

    Needless to say, that comment wasn’t reassuring to me. Best of luck to you. 
    Las Vegas, NV


  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,567
    Options
    Battleborn said:
    Got up this morning to get ready for work. I felt terrible. Had a headache, nausea, body aches and chills. Per department protocol, I called in sick and notified Health & Safety. They sent me to get tested and told to await a call from a contact tracer. A few hours go by, got tested and the phone rings. Went through all the standard questions and the guy asks me if I have recently received any portion of vaccine. “Yep, got the first dose of Moderna on the 12th.” I hear the guy say to someone else, “He got the 1st Moderna on the 12th and called with symptoms this morning. He said he’s feeling better, so maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel.”

    Needless to say, that comment wasn’t reassuring to me. Best of luck to you. 
    Yikes.  Keep us posted, and good luck.  
    _____________

    "I hear you're free on Wednesdays..."    - JB  


  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,635
    Options