Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Doing Right Now? (non OT version)

Comments

• billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,523
    Ticker : MRNA

B) 
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• billt01 said:
    Ticker : MRNA

B) 

EPS of -1.64?  What is your exit price?
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    modeRNA
    m      RNA
    mRNA
    Charging up the power station. Treatment day tomorrow and the wife can’t hang out in the hospital (not that she would want to) so she’s planning on working in her car for the ~5 hours. This will keep her laptop and my iPad, that she’s using as a hot spot, charged up. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• ColtsFan said:
    Charging up the power station. Treatment day tomorrow and the wife can’t hang out in the hospital (not that she would want to) so she’s planning on working in her car for the ~5 hours. This will keep her laptop and my iPad, that she’s using as a hot spot, charged up. 
    How long does that take to charge, John?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    ColtsFan said:
    7 hours or so if it’s around 20%. It’s basically a 500 watt lithium ion generator. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Hang in there John.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,173
    @ColtsFan- stay strong and take no prisoners. You've got this.
    BTW- I have a smaller version of that same rig.  Fits the bill and performs as advertised.  
    Great heads use the same barber. B)

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Leftover Tri Tip Shepherds Pie with Sweet Potato Topping 

You dang skippy. That looks delicious.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • nolaegghead
    ColtsFan said:
    ColtsFan said:
    7 hours or so if it’s around 20%. It’s basically a 500 watt lithium ion generator. 
    Good luck with the treatment, John.

Those are pretty nifty battery packs.  A lot of CPAP users buy them so they don't have to sleep in the car where you have a giant battery and generator.... ;)

Took the week off. Needed a little break. Got some more decorating done. I’m moving on to the outside tomorrow. I’ll leave the rest of the inside to the boss. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    Well, xmas decorating is done.  Took about 5 minutes.  1 to set up the tree and 4 to find an outlet.
    You need a bigger tree for your cats to F up. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• nolaegghead
    Well, xmas decorating is done.  Took about 5 minutes.  1 to set up the tree and 4 to find an outlet.
    You need a bigger tree for your cats to F up. 
    They've already destroyed a number of hand-made and vintage ornaments....and we've had the occasional cat dragging a dingle-berry tethered to a strand of tinsel hanging out of their....you get the picture.  When the youngest gets a little more mature we'll drag out the big tree again.

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    ColtsFan said:
    Positive vibes sent your way from TX.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • HighHeat
    HighHeat Posts: 218
    This has certainly blowed up today. 
    Memphis, TN
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Dang busy day today. Good luck tomorrow @ColtsFan.  Thank you for giving us a heads up, so we can get the celestial bodies and spiritual spirits sending all kinds of good juju you're way!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    edited December 2020
    @lkapigian How long did that take? I assume you used cure #1 and it dried for a bit?

Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    edited December 2020
    SciAggie said:
    @lkapigian How long did that take? I assume you used cure #1 and it dried for a bit?

@SciAggie yes cure 1 22 MM sheep , 9 days hanging, I did use T-SPX culture on this .....I still have fried sausage hanging from the same mix, minus the culture 

not liking the new rules, could not find your charcuterie thread
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,324
    lkapigian said:
    SciAggie said:

@SciAggie yes cure 1 22 MM sheep , 9 days hanging, I did use T-SPX culture on this .....I still have fried sausage hanging from the same mix, minus the culture 

not liking the new rules, could not find your charcuterie thread

https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1225930/charcuterie-show-us-your-work/p9

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,674
    tried a very low 24 hour bone broth simmer, will do this for now on. last of the bird

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Nice beard on Drew Carey @Lit
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    edited December 2020
    Nice beard on Drew Carey @Lit
    Hes rocking it this year. I slacked today I only did a warmup, a 5k dedicated to John. I feel like such a slacker.
  • Its not the same though since bob left.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• I bet we would never catch you watching Jeopardy.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Speaking of Jeopardy I think it is weird to air new episodes with Alex just passing.  Reruns I get but to just keep on trucking like nothing happened is strange.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.