Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Doing Right Now? (non OT version)

Comments

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    edited November 2020
    Absolutely nothing. 

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Can someone please tell me, is this an HOA violation?

Yes, for professionally written HOA rules, this is a clear violation.  The garage door must be able to close.  That door stops at the truck bed and foam board is used to replicate the look of a door.  The concept is humorous and well executed, but the neighbors are still well within their right to call the HOA, sheriff, city police, and town constables.  Perhaps the National Guard, FBI, or even CIA if the owner is a foreign national.
    Ruining Gaskets one cook at a time.
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    ColtsFan said:
    Absolutely nothing. 

Grew up watching College Game Day, now prefer Big Noon Kickoff on FOX. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Botch said:
    My hand tool cabinet is poplar, also (plywood in the load-bearing door faces):

Wow!  Just wow.
    Ruining Gaskets one cook at a time.
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Botch said:

That looks like an ad photo for the old Garret Wade catalog. Magnificent tool cabinet. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Botch said:

Very nice @Botch - mine won’t be anywhere near that nice.  I’m using Baltic birch for the door faces and back as well.  I have a functional collection of hand tools that I get frustrated not having proper storage.  I hope to finish it by January, I need to get started on a nightstand for my daughter for Christmas later today.  
  • FarmingPhD
    FarmingPhD Posts: 839
    edited November 2020
    @Botch : sweet potato creme brûlée, I loosely followed this recipe:

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/robert-irvine/sweet-potato-creme-brulee-recipe-1939819

I did this in a larger crock rather than ramikans which made it more difficult.  I cut the cream to a pint because it was going to make way too much liquid in my opinion (volume I made was more than the sweet potatoes) and substituted vanilla for the vanilla beans.  I put the crock in a pan and filled with boiling water and then into the oven for 40 minutes.  I decided to temp the creme/egg mixture and it was only to 120F, so I covered it with foil to keep from drying it out and think it spent close to another hour in the oven with me temping it every 15 min.  I went until the liquid hit 160 which is recommended minimum custard temp as I didn’t want it to be full on runny.  When cooled and eating, the creme had a perfect custard/pudding like texture.  I brûlée’d the top with sugar under the broiler and then with a propane torch to finish, topped with candied pecans.  I served it like a side, but was definitely a dessert. I had this as a side at a restaurant in florida a few years ago and was definitely a different style than this, but I would make again for sure and might do it this week just because I have Monday/Tuesday off.

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,324
    Cussing...a lot of cussing.
    Don't you just hate it when you spend an hour ordering stuff, picking and choosing individual items and bundles and when you are finished and start the checkout and half the items in your cart disappear? Then you think, "no biggie, just one of those glitches" and then you go back and spend another few minutes trying to find the items that vanished but slowly (I'm dense) it finally dawns on you that they must have just updated their website with current inventory just before you went to checkout.
    ($(@*#!
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Wrapping presents.  Also, hoping that having something under the tree will keeps the cats from going crazy on the tree skirt and knocking the whole thing down.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Cornholio
    Cornholio Posts: 1,047
    edited November 2020
    Having a mug at my local brewery after hanging the Christmas lights. 

At least one staple per light, many have two. I’ll post a picture of them on later, perfectly straight for my OCD. The previous owner had hooks up for Christmas lights, handy while hanging them but I can’t stand sloppy drooping lights. Those hooks are coming off when we repaint soon.  

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Cornholio said:
    Having a mug at my local brewery after hanging the Christmas lights. 

At least one staple per light, many have two. I’ll post a picture of them on later, perfectly straight for my OCD. The previous owner had hooks up for Christmas lights, handy while hanging them but I can’t stand sloppy drooping lights. Those hooks are coming off when we repaint soon.  

Oh my! 😳
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    Acn said:
    Wrapping presents.  Also, hoping that having something under the tree will keeps the cats from going crazy on the tree skirt and knocking the whole thing down.
    @Acn - nothing personal here but I'm rooting for the cats for the opening salvo!  B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • brentm
    brentm Posts: 422
    Just straightened this shed for my neighbor.  Tree landed on it a few years ago and they want to finish out the inside
    What a good neighbor.  

I'm in the market for a come along.
  • brentm
    brentm Posts: 422

Taking pictures of Fiona 
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,061
    Reading some news articles while waiting for some beef plate ribs to come off the Egg.  Nice Thanksgiving story linked below, couple families from Ukraine back together after many years of separation.  Lincoln, NE will likely benefit from this for many years in the future...
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Kayak
    Kayak Posts: 700
    You could have gone so much larger...

Bob

New Cumberland, PA
    XL with the usual accessories

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    Just straightened this shed for my neighbor.  Tree landed on it a few years ago and they want to finish out the inside
    My 90-y.o. neighbor to the North is the Come-Along King.  Long before our freak wind shear storm this last summer had subsided, he was wrapping log chains around damaged cottonwoods on the railroad property behind ours, and trying to pull them down away from our fences.  
    Three days later when Rocky Mountain Power was fixing our power lines, he was trying to pull out a 3'-dia stump, with the chain anchored around RMP's 1' power pole; they grabbed his arm and said, "No."   :)  
    He's the guy who still climbs up on his roof to winterize his swamp cooler.  At 2/3rds his age, I don't have the energy he does... 

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    Had some of @The Cen-Tex Smoker's Thai Chicken sausage.  Outstanding.  Goes well with cranberry sauce and a good Syrah.  Whooda thunk?

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    Kayak said:

Only 10 foot. COVID has had an impact on the Christmas tree industry. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• First experience using SlidesLive, a Microsoft product.   Not a fan.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Kayak said:

Only 10 foot. COVID has had an impact on the Christmas tree industry. 
    I always suspected pine's could get covid....