Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,767
    Options
    Made caramel last night and had another slice of that bread pudding with it and the rum sauce...it should be illegal.
    Fvck!
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    edited November 2020
    Options
    @nolaegghead- great pies and gesture.  Dang-killing it, as always!
    Edit:  You did take care of Linda... B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Mad two giant pizzas.  Gave slices to 4 different neighbors plus snack sticks... 
    It looks mighty fine brother. Reminds me rectal ampulla 👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• FarmingPhD
    Options
    @nolaegghead what are you cooking your pizza on/in?  I’ll also add it looks amazing!
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    @nolaegghead what are you cooking your pizza on/in?  I’ll also add it looks amazing!
    @FarmingPhD. Thanks!  

I mostly cook them in the oven cranked all the way up - 550F convection on top of a baking "steel".

It's not really steel but some aluminum or magnesium alloy.  Almost 0.5" thick.  

My work was junking an instrument called an inductively coupled plasma spectrophotometer, which probably cost a quarter million back in the 90s.  Anyway, I grabbed the optical backbone and cut it up on my table saw.  Likely the most expensive baking steel on the forum.  B)
    Options
    I have a Roccbox, but I probably use the oven 75% of the time.  I make a different dough for the oven.
    Thanks Nola, our weather is turning here and got hankering for pizza and thought you were maybe rolling yours in the oven.  Might try tossing the pizza stone in the oven next week for a few pizzas now.  

That plate of yours sounds cool, definitely good heat transfer.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    @caliking This made me think of you. (Actually I’m guilty at times)

This made me chuckle :) I'm usually waiting for it to "look" right when I'm cooking Indian grub. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    Not been cooking much the last week or so. I had prepped a few easy freezer meals in anticipation. 

Fired up the Mini Max last night for a simple dinner. Chili cheese dogs and stovetop Mac hit the spot. 

Shout out to Cardi B 

XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,429
    Options
    johnnyp said:

Shout out to Cardi B 

Hilarious. WAP
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    I’ve been to the elevator (camp cargill) twice today and sat in line for a combined 3.5 hours. I’ve read the whole internet and patiently waiting for someone to post something interesting 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Changed both sets of car tires to winters today - and broke my torque wrench in the process - and am now at round two of raking. I’m projecting a total of roughly fourty-ish bags this year. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Updated my iMac to "Big Sur".  It failed the first attempt, and prompted me to try again; I did so, and the progress bar made it 1/3 of the way across, and froze there for 4 hours.  
    A buddy suggested unplugging it, plugging it back in, then powering up in "Safe" mode (hold down the Shift key while powering up).  It worked!
    Not a happy feeling, having a crash during an OS install....   :o  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Those are nice pies. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Eggpharmer
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    Those are nice pies. 
    Thanks @SciAggie...I ate way to much...the white pie was awesome, bechemel with Swiss and gouda, mushrooms and caramelized onions
    Austin, TX
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    Not cheap but a frozen Franklin brisket gets a good review from Mad Scientist BBQ.

https://youtu.be/AA2wkiDI8bg 

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Cornholio
    Cornholio Posts: 1,047
    Options
    Tri-tip tonight. Baked potatoes and balsamic glazed brussels sprouts for the sides. 

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,528
    Options
    Changed both sets of car tires to winters today - and broke my torque wrench in the process - and am now at round two of raking. I’m projecting a total of roughly fourty-ish bags this year. 
    Ouch! not knowing how you use yours, no offense, I pamper my torque wrench and use it for final tightening only; use a cheap breaker for loosening and initial tightening.
    canuckland
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,528
    edited November 2020
    Options
    @Eggpharmer Pies look great. Is that ooni pro? is the burner L or U shaped? I used to have an uuni 2s that ran on pellets, great for first few pies but a PITN when it was time to add pellets.  Ooni has come a long way.  I now have an Ardore and happy with it.
    edit: looks like Koda 16 with L shaped burner.  I was wondering if it's U shaped it could be a challenge rotating the pie for even heat.
    canuckland