Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,025
    lousubcap said:
    Yup- I just finished the great article @caliking linked in the PT thread and it was nuked!
    The Buffalo must come through this pasture around 9:00am CT.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • lousubcap said:
    Yup- I just finished the great article @caliking linked in the PT thread and it was nuked!
    The Buffalo must come through this pasture around 9:00am CT.
    It varies.  I've seen the hydrogen bomb dropped as early as 7:30am Eastern.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,322
    Gotta love that fusion big boy toy-at least The Buffalo is rolling out the mega-ton warheads.    =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • From the way the metal is bent over the top of the cab, it looks to me like maybe the structure fell onto the tractor, rather than the tractor being driven into it.  
    One picture shows the tracking in the weeds which is likely from being under the base.  Either way not a good day hopefully no one injured.  Also reason there are risk acknowledgment pages on some auto steer setup pages telling you that you are still responsible for where the machine goes.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,334
    edited November 2020
    From the way the metal is bent over the top of the cab, it looks to me like maybe the structure fell onto the tractor, rather than the tractor being driven into it.  
    One picture shows the tracking in the weeds which is likely from being under the base.  Either way not a good day hopefully no one injured.  Also reason there are risk acknowledgment pages on some auto steer setup pages telling you that you are still responsible for where the machine goes.

Yeah, the guy is lucky the fail safes worked when the line came down. Easily a deadly situation with that type of juice
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Yep he was almost a barbecue special.
  • TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    SonVolt said:
    I'm surprised how good this sriracha sauce is from Tabasco. 

I haven't noticed that in our local publix, I'll have to keep an eye out next time!
    LBGE
    AL
  • Cornholio
    Cornholio Posts: 1,047
    Went for a mtn bike ride this morning then headed to my local brewery spot with my son, boy’s day off. 

Only indoor place we will go to, it’s like a warehouse inside and tables are very spread out.  

Thankful for all of our veterans! 

• DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Trying to decide between if I'm relieved or stressed that one of my part time jobs will be going the way of the dodo as of Jan 1.. Things going to get a little tight $$$$ wise around the DuckDogDr house.
    Owner of practice is having health issues and retiring.  I
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    DuckDogDr said:
    Trying to decide between if I'm relieved or stressed that one of my part time jobs will be going the way of the dodo as of Jan 1.. Things going to get a little tight $$$$ wise around the DuckDogDr house.
    Certainly sorry to hear it and wish you the very best. Seems like I am not the only one feeling the affects of the election. I lost my job that day. On the bright side, there is always 4 years from now. Trying to stay positive 👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH said:
    DuckDogDr said:
    Certainly sorry to hear it and wish you the very best. Seems like I am not the only one feeling the affects of the election. I lost my job that day. On the bright side, there is always 4 years from now. Trying to stay positive 👍
    Don’t forget 2 years from now. 
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,507
    edited November 2020
    DuckDogDr said:
    Sorry to hear that, hopefully you'll find another part time job before long, stay positive. btw, forgive me if I'm wrong, you're losing this job because owner decides to retire due to health issues, not because of election result, amirite?
    canuckland
  • DuckDogDr said:
    Sorry to hear that, hopefully you'll find another part time job belong lone, stay positive. btw, forgive me if I'm wrong, you're losing this job because owner decides to retire due to health issues, not because of election result, amirite?
    Is it possible for you to buy the practice?
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,607
    @Gulfcoastguy @SGH

Give it a rest and stop dropping your political turds in this thread.  Be bold, start your very own thread.
  • SGH
    Legume said:
    @Gulfcoastguy @SGH

Give it a rest and stop dropping your political turds in this thread.  Be bold, start your very own thread.
    I wasn’t being political. I simply mention what happened to me and when. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• ColtsFan
    There’s always a bright side fellas. It could be worse. Next week I’ll be paying 25k for one chemo treatment....keep in mind I get to do this every other week for 6 months....you can do the math 🤣You just gotta laugh.

• Watching Guy’s Grocery Games - grilling at home, this Christian Petroni has a wood fired oven and two BGE’s in his backyard.  Doing a burger competition and he’s cooking them in the oven rather than one of the eggs  :o:o:o
  • SGH
    ColtsFan said:
    There’s always a bright side fellas. It could be worse. Next week I’ll be paying 25k for one chemo treatment....keep in mind I get to do this every other week for 6 months....you can do the math 🤣You just gotta laugh.
    Brother I truly wish you and your family the very best. Y’all will certainly be in my prayers.   

Status- Standing by.

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,427
    DuckDogDr said:
    Sorry to hear that, hopefully you'll find another part time job belong lone, stay positive. btw, forgive me if I'm wrong, you're losing this job because owner decides to retire due to health issues, not because of election result, amirite?
    Is it possible for you to buy the practice?
    You beat me to it.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,507
    SGH said:
    Legume said:
    @Gulfcoastguy @SGH

I wasn’t being political. I simply mention what happened to me and when. 
    @sgh, you also mentioned (probably unintentionally) the reason for what happened to you (Seems like I am not the only one feeling the affects of the election), subject to confirmation it may not be the same reason  @DuckDogDr is losing one of his part time jobs. @Gulfcoastguy then jumped right in with Don't forget 2 years from now.   @Legume, I would give @sgh the benefit of the doubt.
    canuckland
  • DuckDogDr said:
    Sorry to hear that, hopefully you'll find another part time job before long, stay positive. btw, forgive me if I'm wrong, you're losing this job because owner decides to retire due to health issues, not because of election result, amirite?
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    ColtsFan said:
    Sorry to hear that, the financial strain can't help with the recovery.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,344
    ColtsFan said:

Insurance isn't covering that? Ouch!!
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,418
    HeavyG said:
    ColtsFan said:

When I had metastasized melanoma, I had 2 policies. They argued over who was paying for my IV treatment 
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Just finished changing out some wires, swapping the controller, and adding a 3rd battery to my sons little electric razor motorcycle. He’s gonna be the fastest 3yr old at the track tomorrow. Should hit low 20s now.
  • ColtsFan
    HeavyG said:
    ColtsFan said:

Evidently there is some grey area where they can reject drug costs. The hospital gave us those numbers. Luckily Anthem today said they would cover 80% so 10k/month is better than 50k :)