Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Share Your Unpopular Barbecue Opinion

Options
I’ll go first:  pork ribs are better than beef ribs.
"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

Comments

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    Big Bob Gibson's in Decatur Alabama is absolutely terrible.  
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    Options
    Rodney Scotts place in Birmingham is really not that great.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    Options
    I do not like brisket.  I have tried and tried and just never made or had brisket that knocked my socks off.

Why would you cook brisket when beef ribs are a thing?
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    Options
    While I'm at it, Jim N Nicks is even worse.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    By the way, the inspiration for this thread are some SRF beef ribs I smoked today.  They’re great, don’t get me wrong, but they’re almost too rich.  A couple of cubes and I’m done.  Whereas I cannot stop eating the pork ribs I make.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    By the way, the inspiration for this thread are some SRF beef ribs I smoked today.  They’re great, don’t get me wrong, but they’re almost too rich.  A couple of cubes and I’m done.  Whereas I cannot stop eating the pork ribs I make.
    Kurobuta pork ribs are amazing!  Tiny, but amazing.  I like their pork chops more than most steaks.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Stick burners produce better beef ribs, pork ribs and brisket (pork butt for a follow-on post) than the BGE.  
    Sweet Baby Rays does not deserve to be offered as a sauce for any Q.  And as a side bar, if cooked right no sauce needed.  
    I was with you until Sweet Baby Rays, that must be the unpopular part of your opinion.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Stick burners produce better beef ribs, pork ribs and brisket (pork butt for a follow-on post) than the BGE.  
    Sweet Baby Rays does not deserve to be offered as a sauce for any Q.  And as a side bar, if cooked right no sauce needed.  
    I don’t think any of that is all that unpopular, Frank.  Most here probably agree.  

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I spoke too soon.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    All bbq is overrated. No bbq would make my “last meal top 10” list.  
    I can agree with perhaps the top 5 but can't stretch it to 10. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • cookingdude555
    Options
    Resting meat is stupid. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    Those who only consume and don't cook it think it's easy to nail the outcome, regardless of the protein. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    So the post in this thread that receives the most "disagrees" wins, right?
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Hoster05 said:
    I am very new to it and haven’t used it more than 5 times but to me the Sous vide is overrated.  
    Have you made the chocolate pots?
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    CtTOPGUN said:
     I don't care for a lot of smoke...
    I agree.  We find less is better, don't care for smoking wood at all. 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Guys - they're supposed to be *Un*popular.  
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    Rib-Wrappers. 

These guys are the ROTC of the Eggworld. 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina is ruining the forum.