Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Share Your Unpopular Barbecue Opinion

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,908
    Sides are only needed if your main is weak. 

Smoked turkey is nasty and only the menu at BBQ paces for people that don't like BBQ

My little sister was staying with us for a weekend.  We took her to a state fair and she ate a Turkey leg.  Later that night she proceeded to puke all over the guest bedroom.  She hit every single surface accept the ceiling.  We threw out pillows, blankets, comforters, etc.  It looked like a murder scene.  To this day I cannot smell a smoked turkey leg without gagging.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,596
    Texas sausage is greasy.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited October 2020
    Hot dogs on buns are not sandwiches.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932

Smoked turkey is nasty and only the menu at BBQ paces for people that don't like BBQ

My little sister was staying with us for a weekend.  We took her to a state fair and she ate a Turkey leg.  Later that night she proceeded to puke all over the guest bedroom.  She hit every single surface accept the ceiling.  We threw out pillows, blankets, comforters, etc.  It looked like a murder scene.  To this day I cannot smell a smoked turkey leg without gagging.
    I want to hit *dislike* on this - that sucks man
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,315

I'm not ordinarily a squeamish person but there is one thing I do not handle well at all - vomit (just reading your tale gives me that pre-vomiting sour taste in my mouth).

After the incident you describe I would have had to leave and buy a new house or, at a minimum, remove the door to that room and permanently wall it off.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Ozzie_Isaac
    HeavyG said:

I'm not ordinarily a squeamish person but there is one thing I do not handle well at all - vomit (just reading your tale gives me that pre-vomiting sour taste in my mouth).

After the incident you describe I would have had to leave and buy a new house or, at a minimum, remove the door to that room and permanently wall it off.
    In my house, I am the go to person for puke, poo, pee, etc. I hate it.  Between kids and animals I have had more practice than I would like.  With that said, that one instance far exceeded anything before or since.

I thought about just burning the whole house down.
  • J_Que
    J_Que Posts: 223
    3-2-1 is the worst way to cook ribs. There I said it. 
    I know all the rules, but the rules do not know me.

Small, Medium, 2 Large, XL ,Stumps XL Stretch, Workhorse 1975
  • GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,676
    I really dislike chicken thighs. I have finally banned them from my smoker.
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,352
    edited October 2020
    GregW said:
    😳
    Jacksonville FL
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Adding bacon doesn’t always make things better 
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    GregW said:
    It was all fun and games till this comment.

And I also Flagged @nolaegghead 's turkey thigh.  It made me gag.
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Most bacon wrapped things would be better without. And I love bacon. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    SonVolt said:
    Most bacon wrapped things would be better without. And I love bacon. 
    I agree.  Keep the bacon and toss the rest.
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    johnnyp said:
    johnnyp said:
    Adding bacon doesn’t always make things better 
    And yet, here we are 
    Meh, I’d rather just have the oreo

XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • I see your pork ribs and raise you liquid smoke on a gas grill wrapped in aluminum foil. 

Some people just wanna see the world burn  B)
    After the ribs have been simmered/boiled on the stove and then been put on a gas grill. No.
  • veewt
    veewt Posts: 50
    Low and slow is for the low and slow.
  • Bourbon slushes work too quickly.

@YukonRon
  • Beef ribs are far more delicious than pork ribs, chicken needs to be fried, not barbecued, and chicken wings are the most over-rated bit of barbecued meat in the universe.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,082
    @CanonicalEgg - way to jump in.  Welcome aboard and enjoy the journey.  Above all, have fun.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap said:
    @CanonicalEgg - way to jump in.  Welcome aboard and enjoy the journey.  Above all, have fun.  
    Thank you, kind person! I actually signed up...3 weeks ago, I think? But only got posting ability today. But I do love me a good beef rib, I really do. Pulled pork, now....that's my favorite.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    When cooking for a group of people I do not like to eat my food, and am so critical of the food I get frustrated and do not enjoy it.
  • JMCXL
    JMCXL Posts: 1,524
    I like Royal Oak the best

Northern New Jersey
     XL - Woo2, AR      L (2) - Woo, PS Woo     MM (2) - Woo       MINI

Check out https://www.grillingwithpapaj.com for some fun and more Grilling with Papa (incase you haven't gotten enough of me)

Also, check out my YouTube Page
    https://www.youtube.com/c/grillingwithpapaj

Follow me on Facebook 
    https://www.facebook.com/GrillingPapaJ/