Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• @lkapigian awesome. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    rifrench said:
    Eoin said:
    Woke up to a missing poplar today. 85 foot tree, fence and damson tree are the only casualties. 4.5 fuel fills on the chain saw later, and a big fire, making progress but had enough now.

Sure sorry to hear about the fence, but more sorry about the damson tree, nothing better to soak in moonshine.  I have a ½ gallon jar in the shop fridge, untouched since 1998 when I went teetotal.  Beautiful deep red color and smells soooo good.

The fence is going to come out now. We don't have hens any more and have taken out a lot of old rotten apple trees over the years. There are 6 new fruit trees planted this side of the fence, so I'm ordering 7 more to extend the orchard. 
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    rifrench said:

@Eoin This is what we woke up to one morning!  Large oak tree fell, there was no wind or other external cause.  Thank God it fell away from the house or any other property.  My SIL heats with wood, so a "windfall" of sorts for him.  I had to buy a 20" bar for my Stihl 036 Pro, the trunk is 29" diameter at the point the power pole in the background bisects it.
    That's chunky! The poplar cuts easily when fresh. I'll just about get it with the 18" bar on the husky, but I'm going to try and borrow something bigger to get through in 1 cut. My MMX sits on a piece of apple trunk, but it's only just big enough, so a chunk of this poplar trunk would work well as a stand.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,706
    Thanks @alaskanassasin @SciAggie did your freezer come in
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Freezer is delivered. Now I need to do the modifications. I’m almost there...
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    RIP Gale Sayers. Brian’s Song? Nuff said. 
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,162
    @Ozzie_Isaac Who are you trying to kid??  After that break you will justify taking the remainder of the day off.  And that would be a good thing.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    That looks great @thetrim

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • JRWhitee
    That looks even better 

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Ok @thetrim that'd make one heluva fish sandwich. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    lousubcap said:
    @Ozzie_Isaac Who are you trying to kid??  After that break you will justify taking the remainder of the day off.  And that would be a good thing.  
    Haha, yeah I am struggling to get moving again.  Will probably hang out with the dogs and cook my Picahna that I thawed.  No real work will get done.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Thanks gents.   I did Lane‘s Kapalua on the cod.   I did a combo of kosher salt, Hardcore Black, and Meehan‘s ribeye on the sirloin.   
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    SGH said:
    I hit 2 milestones today and thought I would celebrate. The last of the 12” subsea mainline was reeled onto the vessel. Note the tail head.  

And after stepping on the scales I am officially 175 pounds. I finally reached my fight weight. I am down from 268 and a 47 inch waist to 175 and a 32 inch waist. Thought I would reward myself on what I think is 2 major accomplishments for an old man.
    In whatever order the pics decide to show up. Sweet potatoes, cheese grits, royal reds, tuna dip, ribeye, fried okra and my personal favorite, 2 dozen chargrilled oysters. 

I haven’t had a drink since my last nude holiday debacle. Decided to wash it down with a little Angels Envy. 

Almost 9 months of working 7 days a week and 12+ hours a day, it finally comes to an end today my friends. Hope y’all had a great weekend 👍

Glad you survived the last 9 months!  Congratulations on both milestones.  Worthy feast for both.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Watching the news. 
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    poster said:
    Perfect weather for some bird hunting
    Unfortunately I haven’t got to bird hunt since the very early 80’s. I use to love to dove hunt. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410

My youngest was bit by a dog just as we were getting ready to pull off our campsite.  She played with this dog all weekend.  . . Australian sheperd.   She is doing ok. Most of the damage is inside her mouth.  Please keep her in your prayers. She is so positive and courageous.  The dog owners are pretty broken up about it. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Watching the news. 
    Seeing that a certain someone paid less taxes in the last two years than I paid in the last two weeks.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    Watching the news. 
    Seeing that a certain someone paid less taxes in the last two years than I paid in the last two weeks.
    Take that to another thread please. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • JRWhitee
    SGH said:
    I hit 2 milestones today and thought I would celebrate. The last of the 12” subsea mainline was reeled onto the vessel. Note the tail head.  

And after stepping on the scales I am officially 175 pounds. I finally reached my fight weight. I am down from 268 and a 47 inch waist to 175 and a 32 inch waist. Thought I would reward myself on what I think is 2 major accomplishments for an old man.
    In whatever order the pics decide to show up. Sweet potatoes, cheese grits, royal reds, tuna dip, ribeye, fried okra and my personal favorite, 2 dozen chargrilled oysters. 

I haven’t had a drink since my last nude holiday debacle. Decided to wash it down with a little Angels Envy. 

Almost 9 months of working 7 days a week and 12+ hours a day, it finally comes to an end today my friends. Hope y’all had a great weekend 👍

That is great Scottie, not easy to lose that much weight. Great pics as well.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited September 2020
    kl8ton said:

My youngest was bit by a dog just as we were getting ready to pull off our campsite.  She played with this dog all weekend.  . . Australian sheperd.   She is doing ok. Most of the damage is inside her mouth.  Please keep her in your prayers. She is so positive and courageous.  The dog owners are pretty broken up about it. 
    Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately I know how you are feeling. My daughter was bitten by a dog a couple years ago. We didn’t have to take her to the hospital. It did leave puncture marks and drew blood and healed up without stitches but it was scary nonetheless. To this day she is afraid of unknown dogs but dogs shes familiar with she’s fine.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• kl8ton said:

Oof.  Something about little girls getting hurt man, always slays me.  Glad to hear it’s not a lot worse and will be thinking about your little one for sure.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JRWhitee
    Really sorry to hear that @kl8ton hope she is alright. That is scary.

Johns Creek, Georgia