Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,125
    Options
    Cleaned up the shop, somewhat.  Captured the rare state for posterity.   Wide angle makes it look expansive. 
    Unfortunately that is not its lowest energy state.  Looks good though.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Celebrating Lord Stanley heading south and getting a nice tan.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Watching The Social Dilemma on Netflix. Think some people on here should watch it. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    @DuckDogDr very cool photos!
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,435
    Options
    Today is my 4 week anniversary on quitting alcohol.  And I feel better than I have in years.
    That’s a great accomplishment! Glad you have the will power to stay motivated. Keep it up!
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    edited September 2020
    Options
    @nolaegghead, that's an amazing space you have there sir. Awesome job on the quit!
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,407
    Options
    @nolaegghead - You've got this.  Keep it going.  Congrats on the 4 week hurdle.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @DuckDogDr Nice photos! Have fun with it.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • SciAggie
    Options
    @nolaegghead Congratulations on a difficult accomplishment. I'm glad you feel better. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • thetrim
    Options
    @nolaegghead but you're so much less fun now, right? 

Congrats buddy.  I know it's not easy, but it sounds like it's been worth it.
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options
    @DuckDogDr your pictures are stunning.
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,086
    Options
    @nolaegghead Congrats on the anniversary.
    Caution on the cleaning/reorg, too much can lead to difficulty in locating items.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • rifrench
    Options
    Today is my 4 week anniversary on quitting alcohol.  And I feel better than I have in years.

Congratulations!  It is a lifelong effort to keep sober, but worth it in terms of health.  I quit cigarettes in 1996, alcohol in 1998 cold turkey on both with no programs other than help from Above.  I still crave a Camel every now and then, and three fingers of Scotch would be nice as well.  But there can be no turning back for me....Plus the prices are not what they were.
     1 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 1 KBQ and a 26" Blackstone near Blackstone, Virginia
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Thanks @thetrim and @SciAggie
    Still getting the process fine tuned...
    Once I get things figured out I want to get the Andromeda 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    4 weeks is the hard part just make sure that guests drinking stays out of that cave of yours for a while.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman
    Options
    over the weekend, seems fall hit hard and fast

fukahwee maine

• SciAggie
    Options
    DuckDogDr said:
    Thanks @thetrim and @SciAggie
    Still getting the process fine tuned...
    Once I get things figured out I want to get the Andromeda 
    Do you have a tracking mount for the camera? It would seem that a long exposure is necessary to capture Andromeda. The camera (or a telescope) after all is just a "light bucket." It takes time to capture enough light for an exposure.
    Stacking photos of shorter duration is an option but you'd still need to track the sky.
    Is that your plan or do you have another idea in mind? Just interested...
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,768
    Options
    Cleaned up the shop, somewhat.  Captured the rare state for posterity.   Wide angle makes it look expansive. 
    the wide angle showing the ceiling line Really looks like something different !
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,768
    Options
    Awesome Carey!!
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    @nolaegghead I am not sure why, but I think you need a pipe organ in that quonset hut.
  • TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Options
    @nolaegghead I am not sure why, but I think you need a pipe organ in that quonset hut.
    Or a player piano hammering out ragtime music
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • thetrim
    Options
    Trying to decide which to get for this weekend.  

Prime brisket $3.29 
    Wagyu brisket $11.95 
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    thetrim said:

Prime brisket $3.29 
    Wagyu brisket $11.95 
    Will you be drinking this weekend?  If so you probably should stick with the cheaper one...
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• fishlessman
    Options
    thetrim said:

Prime brisket $3.29 
    Wagyu brisket $11.95 

its 6 bucks a pound here right now for a choice flat, i would go with the wagyu
    fukahwee maine

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    thetrim said:

Prime brisket $3.29 
    Wagyu brisket $11.95 
    If we are spending your money, why would we go cheap?
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    over the weekend, seems fall hit hard and fast
    I agree. It got down to 91 yesterday. We was shocked that fall came so early this year. We don’t usually see those kind of low temps until mid to late November. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.