Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• @kl8ton hoping she's alright and no permanent damage done
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,482
    @kl8ton - to see any injury to your children is difficult and I'm sure this is a compounding deal.  She will get thru this likely better than you and your wife.  Be strong and encouraging.  Dang-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,810
    kl8ton said:

My youngest was bit by a dog just as we were getting ready to pull off our campsite.  She played with this dog all weekend.  . . Australian sheperd.   She is doing ok. Most of the damage is inside her mouth.  Please keep her in your prayers. She is so positive and courageous.  The dog owners are pretty broken up about it. 
    My heart goes out to you and your little girl. You will certainly be in my prayers my friend. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    edited September 2020
    That really bothers me seeing it. For all of my nonsense, I have a real soft spot for little children.  

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• lousubcap
    @SGH- you have now accumulated even more $$ than @RRP and can surely buy your Caribbean island.  
    Additionally your timing could not be better.  We can use more of your $$ supporting the OBR fund raiser.  There will be added incentive soon.  
    Congrats on the staying power to achieve that weight loss.
    On a related note-can you post the chargrilled oyster recipe as I am all in with those even in fly-over and protest city.  Many thanks.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    @kl8ton I’m so sorry this happened. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481

@SGH Congratulations! Enjoy some well deserved rest. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    @kl8ton

hope she heals quickly and there are no lasting effects on either the physical or psychological sides. 

Had to have been pretty scary for the parents too- hang in there. Tough to watch your little girl get hurt. 

Greensboro, NC
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,124
    @kl8ton seeing your kids hurt is the absolutely worst thing.  I pray she and you all get through this, and soon it will be nothing but a memory.  She looks tough and determined.

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,998
    Congrats on the weight loss, @SGH.  Many have reported the "COVID 15" weight gain; my world changed at Retirement, end of January, and I've lost 25 lbs (despite not being able to go to the gym since COVID; I'm cooking for myself, decent-sized portions, unlike the ethnic restaurants I used to go to for lunch during the work days, huge piles of food).  If I lose another 25 I'll be back to my fighting weight of 199, that would be cool.  

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,490
    @kl8ton tough to see. Your girl will pull through.

It's tough seeing kids hurt. We had a couple girls get hit by a drunk driver on Friday afternoon (last I heard they were in stable condition). Guy fled after hitting them, ran into a responding fire truck a mile or so down the road. Those are the kind of calls I hate and wish there was more that I could do.
    Las Vegas, NV

• lousubcap
    I am hoping the local weather guessers are about as accurate as normal.  In other words, far afield from the forecast as I want to run the stick burner to smoke some beef back ribs.  Rain is on the docket and this thing is fully weather exposed. 
    However, I am reminded of two things, you can only get so wet and then once upon a time when the rain was predicted to be 18-24 hours out I spent a beautiful fall day playing with an accumulation of 1.6 inches of liquid sunshine.  
    "I was so much older then, I younger than that now."  B)
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    kl8ton said:
    Thanks for the prayers, support, and well wishes.  It was scary. She is sleeping now and hopefully she can get a great night's rest. 
    That is good news.  Hopefully you can get some rest too.

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,490
    Quick chicken for some Greek Chicken bowls.
    Las Vegas, NV

• Dead dog.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,597
    Dead dog.
    That's what they're saying.  I hope not but it sounds like that's the way it will go.  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    kl8ton said:
    Dead dog.
    That's what they're saying.  I hope not but it sounds like that's the way it will go.  
    That would be an unfortunate outcome.  I understand vicious/nuisance dogs being euthanized, but this does not sound like that type of case.  Either way, glad they got your daughter patched up.  Hopefully, she heals quickly both physically and emotionally.

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    That means all that picanha is yours and yours alone.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• SGH
    HeavyG said:
    Is that similar to piranha  ;)

Status- Standing by.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    SGH said:
    HeavyG said:
    Is that similar to piranha  ;)
    It is very very similar.

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    thetrim said:
    Have been doing cod a lot lately.    

It’s good. 

@thetrim On the Egg?
  • Eoin
    Cleaned up and sliced the Picahna and salted it.  Decided to let it sit in fridge with salt for 24hrs, so needed an audible.  Made Wagyu smash burgers with some brioche buns.  I learned I need to make my 2oz balls a little bigger.  Will probably go with 2.5oz balls next time, the wagyu shinks a lot.  I did not actually get to try any.  They were all gone before I got back inside after cleaning up a few things.

I've done 2 oz for smash burgers and it's a bit small. 2.5 or 3 is good. Looks like nice burger meat!
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,030
    SGH said:
    I hit 2 milestones today and thought I would celebrate. The last of the 12” subsea mainline was reeled onto the vessel. Note the tail head.  

And after stepping on the scales I am officially 175 pounds. I finally reached my fight weight. I am down from 268 and a 47 inch waist to 175 and a 32 inch waist. Thought I would reward myself on what I think is 2 major accomplishments for an old man.
    In whatever order the pics decide to show up. Sweet potatoes, cheese grits, royal reds, tuna dip, ribeye, fried okra and my personal favorite, 2 dozen chargrilled oysters. 

I haven’t had a drink since my last nude holiday debacle. Decided to wash it down with a little Angels Envy. 

Almost 9 months of working 7 days a week and 12+ hours a day, it finally comes to an end today my friends. Hope y’all had a great weekend 👍

Very Cool Scottie 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    edited September 2020
    Spent the weekend riding a big green tractor poking little holes in the big ball. 
    Praying for that three days of gentle rain we were were promised last week.
    This thing is tha $i#t

seeda-vator
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,373
    Shoot.  Sorry to hear that @kl8ton that had to be traumatic for everyone.  Many prayers for your little girl and family. 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,373
    Eoin said:
    thetrim said:

It’s good. 

@thetrim On the Egg?
    Ya, I egged it.   I used some thin grill grates to keep it from falling apart on the stock grate and ending up downstairs.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • @kl8ton I hate to hear that, it's always scary when something like that happens and it is your child. Hope she's doing ok.
    LBGE
    AL
  • Eoin
    thetrim said:
    Eoin said:
    thetrim said:

It’s good. 

@thetrim On the Egg?
    Ya, I egged it.   I used some thin grill grates to keep it from falling apart on the stock grate and ending up downstairs.  
    Always the worry for me cooking fish on the Egg!