Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,027
    Options
    Lit said:
    Just told my kids Santa cant come this year cause the virus. 
    Your kids are going to have the last laugh when FedEx drops off a pallet on your doorstep on Christmas Eve that you don't know about!  =)
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • keener75
    Options
    Watching the first couple episodes of The American Barbecue Showdown on Netflix. Lots of Green Egg exposure but I can't wait for a couple of these contestants to get the boot! 
    St Marys, Ontario, Canada  LBGE
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,085
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Cursing.  All of the swear words. All of them.

Just saw the news.  Your quote is a lot more somber in context and a lot less funny.

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Cursing.  All of the swear words. All of them.

Just saw the news.  Your quote is a lot more somber in context and a lot less funny.

Yeah I was trying not to provide too much info so as to not hijack the thread.  That is literally just what I was doing.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    I might not be on much for a while. I was talking with the representative of my cell phone company. I was telling the prick that I did not use 4 gigs of data in 24 hours in 24 hours . He fooled with my phone and now I am signed out on all of my forums, can't use my phone to reset my pass word, and the pass word on this site is not the one that I thought it is it seems. My phone and this site wants me to sign in with a hard password, in other words an impossible to remember one. This isn't my frigging bank account.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,349
    Options
    I might not be on much for a while. I was talking with the representative of my cell phone company. I was telling the prick that I did not use 4 gigs of data in 24 hours in 24 hours . He fooled with my phone and now I am signed out on all of my forums, can't use my phone to reset my pass word, and the pass word on this site is not the one that I thought it is it seems. My phone and this site wants me to sign in with a hard password, in other words an impossible to remember one. This isn't my frigging bank account.
    Do you have an iPhone? If so, iOS 14 was just released a couple days ago and your phone may have automatically downloaded it to install. That file alone is almost 3Gb.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,085
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Do you have an iPhone? If so, iOS 14 was just released a couple days ago and your phone may have automatically downloaded it to install. That file alone is almost 3Gb.
    I thought updates were not supposed to count towards caps?
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,349
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    I thought updates were not supposed to count towards caps?
    I have no idea as to the fine print of various cell phone plans (including my own actually) - was just offering a possible explanation as to how much data may have crossed his doorstep in a single day.

Now I'm curious as to how a cell provider distinguishes "free" traffic from "countable" traffic. 
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Okay somehow he disabled auto fill using my finger print as an Id. When I turned that off I was able to manually enter my password.
  • johnmitchell
    Options
    Watched a pretty cool documentary on Netflix “My Octopus Teacher”
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    Laying down for an afternoon nap
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Ended up taking my sisters out to eat. I had a redfish sandwich and they had shrimp and crab topped eggplant.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,624
    Options
    Some "Hell yes maam", a perfect day and a good fire. I love this time of year.
    You build a nice fire.
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    Legume said:
    Some "Hell yes maam", a perfect day and a good fire. I love this time of year.
    You build a nice fire.
    Thank you sir. The funnel effect the cone creates makes some really pretty ones sometimes.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,375
    Options
    Wondering how I ended up in the third world.  Lost power at 9:15 AM (weather 55*F, clear blue sky, sunshine, no wind).  First (key word) time restoration guesstimation 1 PM, then 4PM, then 7 PM and now 9 PM.  I have talked a few times with the crew trying to fix the issue-my confidence level after the first talk prompted me to fire up the portable generator to power the essentials.  
    What a CF.  
    Plenty of adult beverage materials to see this thru, I hope.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @lousubcap Sorry for your issues. Keep the brown water handy. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,375
    Options
    Power now restored!  Now to unscrew all the cords.  Could be worse!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Make sure those boys carry insurance @botch
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,485
    Options
    Make sure those boys carry insurance @botch
    We had connected via HomeAdvisor.com, do they not screen for that?  

My next-door neighbor just out-bid him, by quite a bit, for the remaining tree (with some nice additions) so I'll probably go that route, provided my other next-door neighbor agrees (and all 3 of us have been working together so far).  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month