Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    johnnyp said:
    Moored this beast this week

Not a lot of spare room around that!
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Just got done changing a flat on my wife's 4Runner.  30K miles, never had a sidewall blow out like this.  Luckily she was close so I was able to run over with my tools.  Nothing like changing it in 112 deg heat.

Looks clean cut, at least started off by some debris.
    Those sidewalls are thin. Doesn't  not take much to start a cut like that. Glad she's ok.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Social distancing...

Does it get any better? Enjoy the breeze!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    I installed a hitch on my wifes crossover so we can use a cargo hitch on it. These crossovers get tight when going somewhere even for a short weekend getaway. 

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I feel y’all pain. Thank god I have a pool. 
    The ass-kicker is upon us too. Miserable heat and humidity this week. I see some serious pool time in my future.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,961
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Currently 0 active cases in our county 
    Ohio has definitely done a pretty good job with this thing. 

I saw today that Arizona has a higher per-capita case count as a state than any other country on the planet.  That's... not good there @Ozzie_Isaac.
    Yes, Arizona is in a bad way.  Some cities are out of ICU beds and people are being sent out of state.  I was cautious before, but honestly, it is straight scary right now.
    We are trying our best to catch up to you guys. 

Texas: Hold My Beer
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Botch said:
    caliking said:
    Your method in the Breville oven is way faster, so I'll give it a try. And, I've often wondered what the difference between the bake and roast functions are for the Breville oven, but haven't figured it out either. 
    Be careful; as I mentioned I'm surprised the smoke alarm didn't go off.  You need to bake at at least 300º for the Maillard reaction to take place (iirc) and mine smoked at 375º, not a very big window.  
    Just because it’s been bugging me since yesterday, I looked up the bake vs. roast mode for the Breville oven. 

It’s assumed that you are using a roasting pan for roast mode, which would shield the food being roasted, so the bottom elements run hotter than the top. 

For baking mode, the heat from top and bottom elements is more balanced. 

There. I feel much better now. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Eoin
    Options
    Watching 'Handmade' short films done in lockdown on Netflix. Highly recommended.
  • TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Options

Headed to Marina to see if my boat is burned up
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    caliking said:
    Botch said:
    caliking said:
    Your method in the Breville oven is way faster, so I'll give it a try. And, I've often wondered what the difference between the bake and roast functions are for the Breville oven, but haven't figured it out either. 
    Be careful; as I mentioned I'm surprised the smoke alarm didn't go off.  You need to bake at at least 300º for the Maillard reaction to take place (iirc) and mine smoked at 375º, not a very big window.  
    Just because it’s been bugging me since yesterday, I looked up the bake vs. roast mode for the Breville oven. 

It’s assumed that you are using a roasting pan for roast mode, which would shield the food being roasted, so the bottom elements run hotter than the top. 

For baking mode, the heat from top and bottom elements is more balanced. 

There. I feel much better now. 
    Thank you, now I know too!
    That may explain why the flour cooked off so quickly; I had it spread in the Breville baking pan (which is black) with no foil liner.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    root canal
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,081
    Options
    Chiminea mods, old BGE handle and unadjustable thermo that reads 20' low, repurposed.

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Just some humble chicken breasts about to be applied to some hybrid pizza pies...

• TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Options
    That is the metal hull of what was a very nice 70 ft houseboat 
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,043
    Options
    @TTC glad your boat was safe!  What a mess that looks like.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    This dilapidated building at the end of my block around the corner collapsed today.
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    Acn said:

Lovely pictures!  
    Isn't that where Airwolf used to live?   Did you get a sighting? 
    Speaking of Airwolf...

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,760
    Options
    This dilapidated building at the end of my block around the corner collapsed today.
    WTF, hope no one was inside 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • gonepostal
    gonepostal Posts: 711
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    My raised beds are going nuts...

I will have a couple of these next year. They are popular on my route and I have been amazed at how well they have done.  
    Wetumpka, Alabama
    LBGE and MM
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,341
    Options
    @TTC - Always remember a boat fire self extinguishes once the fire reaches the water-line.   B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    WTF, hope no one was inside 
    No one was hurt, fortunately.   The local Fox news was there when I walked over to check it out.
    Options
    For a moment I thought you said prolapsed. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,861
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    Acn said:

Lovely pictures!  
    Speaking of Airwolf...

Oh my word.  That's good.  I am 12 again and it's Saturday lunchtime just before Football Focus.  You with me @eoin ?
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Eoin
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    CPFC1905 said:
    Acn said:

Lovely pictures!  
    Speaking of Airwolf...

Oh my word.  That's good.  I am 12 again and it's Saturday lunchtime just before Football Focus.  You with me @eoin ?
    You're just a youngster.
  • zahulio
    zahulio Posts: 135
    Options
    johnnyp said:
    Ordered some of @zahulio ‘s rub. Looking forward to trying it. 

Thanks so much for purchasing! My partners and I were surprised how popular it is. We sold out on only 1 day! Back in stock soon at halalbbqpitmasters.com 

(sign up to our email list to get early access when we're back in stock).