Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,663
    Options
    @Sea2Ski yap when their ears go flat like that it gets exciting 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Sweating. Currently it’s 104°, pool water is 91°. It’s more like a bath rather than a cool refreshing pool. When is summer over again. Supposed to be in the hundreds until at least a week from this Monday. When is winter again?  
    Damn, those palm trees! Thicc 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    @caliking here is the link. They are on sale too. Almost 50% off. We are going to buy a couple more for next year. 

Thank you. I’ll take a look. 

And that’s a beautiful pool. I can’t recall seeing palms like that on private property. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    Aggies and their science. lol I kid. Man I really hope we have football this year. @SciAggie. Also, those took me about an hour to put together and fill.  Do back breaking work with cinder blocks. 
    You win for sure on the labor issue. Beds like yours are attractive for sure. The main reason we made these beds is because I had enough material on hand for the first two. Raised bed gardening has been fun so far. 
    Man i feel like jumping in the car and heading to Coleman to take notes.  
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    caliking said:
    @caliking here is the link. They are on sale too. Almost 50% off. We are going to buy a couple more for next year. 

Thank you. I’ll take a look. 

And that’s a beautiful pool. I can’t recall seeing palms like that on private property. 
    Yeah we have to have them trimmed professionally now. I’ll take a pic of the tops tomorrow. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Acn said:
    Sea2Ski said:
    Acn said:
    Sea2Ski said:
    Great photos, @Acn! Looks awesome.
    Yes they are. @Acn Little to no haze for the win! Loving the pictures-keep them coming!  
    Thanks!  I will keep them coming, although today is mostly just going to be driving from Moab up to Jackson, WY.  We’re planning on putting in 10 miles in the Tetons tomorrow.
    Careful in there. We were on a small hike not far in and came across this local. 

Wife and I froze where we were and watched her for a bit. She took slow steps toward us as we stood there with little motion. Then out of nowhere, she did a bluff charge for about 15 feet. No clearing of the nostrils, no front hoof stomp, just a look up and a couple quick straps our way.   She was saying “Get the hell out of here” and that is what we did. Scared the crap out of us.  We got out of there and did not even take a stroll the rest of the day.  Enjoy your trip!  

Thanks for the heads up.  Going to the western mountains in Maine, I’ve encountered my share of moose.  We do have bear spray to keep with us; I kept it hidden so my wife didn’t use it to enforce social distancing in rest areas on our way out.
    Just make sure you're UP wind when you spray it. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @lkapigian Duh, that’s a genius hack. Thanks for sharing that pro tip. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Just getting caught up after a few days away.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    @Hook_emHornsfan_74 Stunning setting and pool, Question what kind of root system do those monsters have?thinking along the lines of your pool
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    @johnmitchell we had a leak about 5 years ago where one of the roots made its way to the hot tub lines. Jen we had it fixed, the reinforced the whole hot tub area with more concrete.  We aren’t sure if it was their roots since a palms roots are a ball. Could have been the Burfurd (spelling) tree in the corner. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • SciAggie
    Options
    @Hook_emHornsfan_74 That is a beautiful yard. Do you have a drip watering system for all the plants?
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,898
    Options
    Sweating. Currently it’s 104°, pool water is 91°. It’s more like a bath rather than a cool refreshing pool. When is summer over again. Supposed to be in the hundreds until at least a week from this Monday. When is winter again?  
    Tossing in lots of dry ice may moderate that temp. =)
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    @SciAggie Thanks!  Sadly no. I am the drip system. We move all the pots in the garage During the winter. Which is a beating.  We water it all by hand. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,118
    Options
    Put some bacon on my Blackstone, griddle isn't even on, and fat is starting to render.

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    Put some bacon on my Blackstone, griddle isn't even on, and fat is starting to render.

Yeah this heat is no joke. Already 101° here. Supposed to be 108°. I’m over this already. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options

I feel like that bacon. Spent the past 2 days stipping a felt roof and then fitting a steel sheet replacement.
  • SciAggie
    Options
    @Hook_emHornsfan_74 Hey, I’m the drip that waters the plants at our house too. 
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Here are the tops of the trees and the back yard. My wife has the green thumb. I swear she could make a rock grow. 

I hope you have landscape lighting on those. They would look incredible with 4W wells (25 angle) spread 120degree from each other and one downlight 2W onto the pool bump out with a honeycomb filter so you do not have a hotspot. A soft 1.75 watt flood on the outside eve to light the potted plants would not hurt either.  Just beautiful.... 
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,663
    Options
    @Hook_emHornsfan_74   www.dripdepot.com
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• EzraBrooks
    EzraBrooks Posts: 381
    Options
    Sitting on the patio,  just  started my second Mai Tai.  Smoked a cured belly for bacon this morning, some potatoes for loaded baked potato salad this afternoon, and spinning some wings for dinner now.  Hope all of you feel as good as I do right now.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,768
    Options
    Acn said:

My Sunday did not suck.
    Sweet !
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,362
    Options
    Acn said:

My Sunday did not suck.