Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Hiring a lawyer to defend myself.....
    😳
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    😳
    They prefer attorney. Lawyer has a negative connotation I guess. 
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,767
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    I call bluff before hiring an attorney , what in the civil world can they do
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Yikes, civil or criminal?
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,429
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Civil. For now
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,767
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:
    Civil. For now
    I would would wait it out, you can file your own motions .....let them spend the money 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    renter leaves a 2k dollar paddle board on the beach on the high tide mark overnight, gone in the morning. reading a nasty note on why im responsible. was it stolen.... did it float away...who knows =)  maybe we should have a WHAT AM I NOT BUYING thread
    What an idiot 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,521
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Here's the little (3.5 lb) boneless ( I removed and enjoyed on my own) rib roast.  Turned out quite well by my standards.

And the money shot!

Thanks for looking.
    Holy Moses!
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:
    Civil. For now
    Good luck, anytime attorneys get involved it can be stressful.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • ColbyLang
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:
    Civil. For now
    Good luck, anytime attorneys get involved it can be stressful.
    Thanks. Wife is extremely stressed over it. It’s all so silly. It’s taking severe restraint on my part to go knock on their door and settle it that way. Whatever, when they lose, they’ll be paying my attorney fees. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    I just concluded a lose-lose couple of conversations with the local water and sewer company.  Background:  Did some landscaping work that included several yards of new sod installation.  Thus lots of water application (auto timer water valves are quite handy).  Monthly usage went up by a factor of four last month.  
    Sewer company bills on the water company usage data and escalating charge rate.  Water company will not adjust the usage data to the sewer company even though the water never got to the sewer system.  F' me.
    Several years ago you could negotiate with the water company and get them to adjust the quantity billed to the sewer company.  Not so around here any more.  Just venting here.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ColbyLang
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    I just concluded a lose-lose couple of conversations with the local water and sewer company.  Background:  Did some landscaping work that included several yards of new sod installation.  Thus lots of water application (auto timer water valves are quite handy).  Monthly usage went up by a factor of four last month.  
    Sewer company bills on the water company usage data and escalating charge rate.  Water company will not adjust the usage data to the sewer company even though the water never got to the sewer system.  F' me.
    Several years ago you could negotiate with the water company and get them to adjust the quantity billed to the sewer company.  Not so around here any more.  Just venting here.  
    That’s why it was worth the additional $250 to install a gray water meter at our house for the irrigation system. No water down the drain. Not billed for water treatment on it
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Came across this commercial for a Stihl pressure washer, and I can't stop laughing.  That is One Bad Dog!  :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CnjDbKVakg

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Botch said:
    Came across this commercial for a Stihl pressure washer, and I can't stop laughing.  That is One Bad Dog!  :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CnjDbKVakg

Haha!  Dog had fun.  I always worry when using pressure washers around windows.  I am concerned about seals and stuff.

Also, I am never as clean as that lady when I am done.  I manage to usually just transfer the dirt from the surface I am cleaning to my body.

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Just installed a weather station that will send me accurate data/personalized forecast via a phone app. It also will link up with NWS and weather underground. Oh and it integrates with the smart house controlling lawn sprinklers, window shades, etc.
    If you're a weather geek check it out https://tempestwx.com/station/23746
    That's very cool. I have a Davis vantage pro that's getting old. Does it have a wind speed option?
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,345
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Just installed a weather station that will send me accurate data/personalized forecast via a phone app. It also will link up with NWS and weather underground. Oh and it integrates with the smart house controlling lawn sprinklers, window shades, etc.
    That's very cool. I have a Davis vantage pro that's getting old. Does it have a wind speed option?
    It uses a smart anemometer which measure wind speed sonically. Same goes for rain. It uses a smart haptic sensor on top of the device
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    lousubcap said:

We have a reclaimed water line into the house just for irrigation.  I think we pay $9/month for it with no limits on how much we use.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    ColtsFan said:
    It uses a smart anemometer which measure wind speed sonically. Same goes for rain. It uses a smart haptic sensor on top of the device
    Went on the site, that looks very promising as a replacement and a lot more reasonable $$.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    I have a well and a septic.  All I pay is the electricity for the pump.  Being in the desert with a lot of plants and irrigation, it has saved me a bundle.  Only "grid" item I have is electricity.
  • ColtsFan
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    ColtsFan said:
    Went on the site, that looks very promising as a replacement and a lot more reasonable $$.
    Yeah, it's pretty cool. I was a backer on Indiegogo last year. The reviews have been solid 

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    ColtsFan said:
    I was about to ask how it measured rain since it didn't appear that it had a traditional "tipping bucket".
    Is your mounting pole plumb or is that just a camera perspective problem?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    Readjusting my duty belt. Seems that the last 8 months of plain clothes assignment and regular BGE cooks aren't a great combo.
    @Battleborn At least you are honest about it.  Stay safe and be well out there.  
    Drop in some Friday night when your schedule permits.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ColtsFan
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    ColtsFan said:
    ColtsFan said:
    I was about to ask how it measured rain since it didn't appear that it had a traditional "tipping bucket".
    Is your mounting pole plumb or is that just a camera perspective problem?
    It's plumb. Probably my wonky angle standing on anything but flat Earth 

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,659
    Options
    After you break it in let me know how closely it runs to a regular rain gauge @coltsfan
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Just removed the spark arrestor on my Stihl blower. I didn’t realize how much power it had lost over the last 4 years it was running at probably 60%. 5 minutes and back to full power.