Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Please Stay Home

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,869
    DMW said:
    Worth watching for sure, Dwayne.  Thanks for sharing that.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnInCarolina
    YukonRon said:
    Trump could not put something like this together, even when our country needs it most.
    No no, you're wrong about that Ron.  Let's just take a look at how he's responding to Bush's message about unity, shall we?

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    YukonRon said:
    Trump could not put something like this together, even when our country needs it most.
    No no, you're wrong about that Ron.  Let's just take a look at how he's responding to Bush's message about unity, shall we?

The bad part about this; he has not bottomed out yet.

The only way to explain his behavior is insanity.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • 1voyager
    1voyager Posts: 1,157
    YukonRon said:
    DMW said:
    What happened to the Republican party?

Leadership. Faith. Direction. Compasion. 

Gone.

Anyone following the cheeto....this is what you need to stand up and demand. You will never get it, because you have bowed to a monarchy. 

America depends on you. You put Trump in office.

History will define you.

The Republican party finally got some balls, that's what happened. 

The Democrat party has been exposed as the true party of hate. Look no further than calling President Trump names, such as the one you mentioned. The blistering hatred for President Trump is repulsive.

Where's the leadership, faith, direction and compassion in the democrat party? There is none. Leadership mode is attack and deflect. Faith as long as it isn't Christian. Direction? Seriously? Democrats have no direction. Compassion? Sure. Compassion for illegals at the expense of US citizens.

I helped put President Trump in office and I'm proud of it.
    Large Egg, PGS A40 gasser.
  • JohnInCarolina
    YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:

The bad part about this; he has not bottomed out yet.

The only way to explain his behavior is insanity.
    I think it's just plain old narcissism.  Raw, unadulterated narcissism.  
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    He learned that from Barack
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • JohnInCarolina
    1voyager said:
    YukonRon said:
    DMW said:

Gone.

Anyone following the cheeto....this is what you need to stand up and demand. You will never get it, because you have bowed to a monarchy. 

History will define you.

The Democrat party has been exposed as the true party of hate. Look no further than calling President Trump names, such as the one you mentioned. The blistering hatred for President Trump is repulsive.

Where's the leadership, faith, direction and compassion in the democrat party? There is none. Leadership mode is attack and deflect. Faith as long as it isn't Christian. Direction? Seriously? Democrats have no direction. Compassion? Sure. Compassion for illegals at the expense of US citizens.

Somehow I don't doubt that you are.  Is this you, by the way?

• JohnInCarolina

Hard to see that we're not going to be screwed by a rush to reopen in certain parts of the country.
  • 1voyager
    1voyager said:
    YukonRon said:
    DMW said:

Gone.

History will define you.

Shirt - yes

Flag - no way

Nice attack, BTW.
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,741
    JohnInCarolina said:
    This is nothing short of remarkable.
    Stillwater, MN
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina said:
    This is nothing short of remarkable.
    In addition to being tone deaf, he's reminding the country that the last Republican President didn't voice opposition to his impeachment.  Gee... I wonder why.  
  • 1voyager
    1voyager said:
    1voyager said:
    YukonRon said:
    DMW said:

Gone.

History will define you.

Shirt - yes

Flag - no way

Nice attack, BTW.
    Whenever I see people attacking immigrants, I tend to push back hard.  I'm patriotic like that.  
    I'm all for legal immigration. I push back on illegals flooding across the border. I'm patriotic like that.
  • JohnInCarolina
    1voyager said:
    1voyager said:
    1voyager said:
    YukonRon said:
    DMW said:

Gone.

History will define you.

Shirt - yes

Flag - no way

Nice attack, BTW.
    Whenever I see people attacking immigrants, I tend to push back hard.  I'm patriotic like that.  
    I'm all for legal immigration. I push back on illegals flooding across the border. I'm patriotic like that.
    Human beings aren’t illegal.  Start there, and maybe try growing a soul.
  • JohnInCarolina
    NCSmoky said:
    1voyager said:

The humans aren't illegal but their actions (illegal entry to foreign country) are. We have laws and if I'm expected to follow them and am punished for violating then I expect others to be held accountable as well. I guess my soul is underdeveloped.
    I am guessing you’ve not met very many of them.  And yes, do some work on your compassion for other people who are far less fortunate than you are, thanks.
  • NCSmoky
    NCSmoky Posts: 515
    NCSmoky said:
    1voyager said:

The humans aren't illegal but their actions (illegal entry to foreign country) are. We have laws and if I'm expected to follow them and am punished for violating then I expect others to be held accountable as well. I guess my soul is underdeveloped.
    I am guessing you’ve not met very many of them.  And yes, do some work on your compassion for other people who are far less fortunate than you are, thanks.
    Laws aren’t based on emotion, they are what they are and you are compliant or not. I’m sure there are many good people breaking our laws by coming here but that doesn’t change the definition of their actions.
  • JohnInCarolina
    NCSmoky said:
    NCSmoky said:
    1voyager said:

Laws aren’t based on emotion, they are what they are and you are compliant or not. I’m sure there are many good people breaking our laws by coming here but that doesn’t change the definition of their actions.
    So they’re criminals, in your view?
  • NCSmoky
    NCSmoky said:
    NCSmoky said:
    1voyager said:

Their actions are criminal as defined by US law. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    NCSmoky said:
    NCSmoky said:
    NCSmoky said:
    1voyager said:

What actions?  Living in the US without documentation? 
  • NCSmoky
    NCSmoky said:
    NCSmoky said:
    NCSmoky said:
    1voyager said:

Entry into the US without going through proper visa process. If they entered with proper visa but did not leave when the visa expired without renewal then that is also a violation of us criminal code. As much as you are emotionally vested in these people you will never prove that they are not in violation of US law. That is the only issue I am addressing 
  • JohnInCarolina
    NCSmoky said:
    NCSmoky said:
    NCSmoky said:
    NCSmoky said:
    1voyager said:

Entry into the US without going through proper visa process. If they entered with proper visa but did not leave when the visa expired without renewal then that is also a violation of us criminal code. As much as you are emotionally vested in these people you will never prove that they are not in violation of US law. That is the only issue I am addressing 
    You do understand that there are civil violations of the law and criminal violations of the law, and that they are handled differently, right?
  • JohnInCarolina

His memory of who?  Zoe Baird?

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    I propose public intercourse.

The IRL barrier has been thin here for many with eggfests, blasts and camps and that always seems to go a long way to forming friendships, but the forum format always seems to push people to have dug-in positions.  The Friday night zooms seem like they’ve been good for breaking down barriers too.

I think a debate or two on zoom would be great.  Lots of different opinions and perspectives here and *hopefully* F2F means a little more civility and more open mindedness and sharing of ideas.

Create a few basic rules for behavior and format, we could nominate and select topics in a thread.  We would need someone to moderate (with the mute button).
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,324
    Oh snap!!
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• NCSmoky
    NCSmoky said:
    NCSmoky said:
    NCSmoky said:
    NCSmoky said:
    1voyager said:

You do understand that there are civil violations of the law and criminal violations of the law, and that they are handled differently, right?

• JohnInCarolina
    Legume said:
    I propose public intercourse.

The IRL barrier has been thin here for many with eggfests, blasts and camps and that always seems to go a long way to forming friendships, but the forum format always seems to push people to have dug-in positions.  The Friday night zooms seem like they’ve been good for breaking down barriers too.

I think a debate or two on zoom would be great.  Lots of different opinions and perspectives here and *hopefully* F2F means a little more civility and more open mindedness and sharing of ideas.

Create a few basic rules for behavior and format, we could nominate and select topics in a thread.  We would need someone to moderate (with the mute button).
    It's funny because politics are generally off-limits as an unwritten rule at the various fests and get-togethers, and they've been called off-limits in the Zoom sessions as well (not by me, although I did respect the request).  
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    And I would agree with that in general for the Friday zooms.  But if there was interest in something structured and dedicated to that, could be educational and interesting.  And it doesn’t have to be politics, can be spares vs baby backs.  Brisket vs prime rib.

ok, it’s going to prob be politics of some sort, but I’d rather listen to that from folks here than politicians on a stage.

Probably not though.
  • JohnInCarolina
    NCSmoky said:
    NCSmoky said:
    NCSmoky said:
    NCSmoky said:
    NCSmoky said:
    1voyager said:

Yeah... that doesn't answer the question I posed to you.  I can cite case law back at you if you want, and I don't even have to spend half an hour googling for it.  

There's a reason deportation cases are almost entirely processed via civil hearings in the US.  The act of being here "without papers" isn't viewed in and of itself as a crime.   Deportation is a very different consequence from being thrown in jail.   But most Americans tend to view these people as criminals, and wrongfully so.