Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Please Stay Home

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,864
    CTMike said:
    I honestly think a video of Biden doing lines of blow off a hooker’s ass while plowing another would get a pass from the left and the media as long as it led to Trump being defeated. 
    Sounds legit.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,061
    We have manageable debt.  Owe around 20k on the house and 15k on the Audi.  No credit card debt.  But plenty of people aren't as lucky as we are. 

If you like to have lots of kids and give them a good upbringing, as well as not having the luxury of good stable jobs (resistant to economic turns), the kids are understandable and someone has to do those jobs.

We need to support the millions of families that need this support - they do vital work, and we're a country, a giant tribe, that needs to look out for one another.
    A good bit of what was more common in past times, common sense, in the post from @nolaegghead.  Especially that last paragraph.
    Looking out for one another in these times is not enough in my mind.  A leader that will lead and protect those deemed essential and mandated to perform hazardous work is lacking.  Health care workers have been in this boat since day one.  Now the packing plants.  Consider for a moment you work there in light of the executive order stipulating work place "recommendations".  Recommendations, not requirements.  Not a noble way to treat legal residents of America.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • JohnInCarolina
    The good news for Biden is that we can find out that he’s done a whole lot of crazy/awful sh!t in his past and he’ll still look like a friggin saint compared to Trump.
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    The good news for Biden is that we can find out that he’s done a whole lot of crazy/awful sh!t in his past and he’ll still look like a friggin saint compared to Trump.
    No argument here, Trump is a dumpster fire cross-bred with a sh!t show.
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    CTMike said:
    I honestly think a video of Biden doing lines of blow off a hooker’s ass while plowing another would get a pass from the left and the media as long as it led to Trump being defeated. 
    Welp, it worked for Señor Mango...as long as it got Hillary defeated, right?  
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    Congrats @alaskanassasin. A new home is exciting. 
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    edited April 2020
    Abilene is becoming a hot spot and a potential center for an outbreak. People act like the world is hunky dory. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • CTMike said:
    CTMike said:
    CTMike said:
    The "Believe All Women" movement seems to have ended as quickly as it began. 
    Especially amongst those who never believed women in the first place.  Funny how that works.  
    Good point John, but we certainly aren’t seeing a massive uprising from the left about this issue.
    How would you know, Mike?  It’s not like you’re tuning into MSNBC every night.  
    I’m not watching Faux News every night either but a quick google tells me there’s a deafening silence from the left. There certainly isn’t the constant barrage in the news cycle like there was for Kavanaugh, instead you get Politico publishing about how they’re aren’t burying the Biden story. They certainly aren’t trumpeting it either. 

When a vacuous twit like Alyssa Milano was ready to hang Kavanaugh when that story broke, but then comes out and says Biden deserves the benefit of the doubt, the irony and hypocrisy amaze me. 
    Chris Hayes on MSNBC had the audacity to cover the Joe Biden sexual assault story. #FireChrisHayes is trending.
    You’re proving my point here. 
    He’s trying to.  Semolina is a RWNJ.
    So do you truly believe that I am further to the right than you are to the left? LMAO.
  • JohnInCarolina
    CTMike said:
    CTMike said:
    CTMike said:
    The "Believe All Women" movement seems to have ended as quickly as it began. 
    Especially amongst those who never believed women in the first place.  Funny how that works.  
    Good point John, but we certainly aren’t seeing a massive uprising from the left about this issue.
    How would you know, Mike?  It’s not like you’re tuning into MSNBC every night.  
    I’m not watching Faux News every night either but a quick google tells me there’s a deafening silence from the left. There certainly isn’t the constant barrage in the news cycle like there was for Kavanaugh, instead you get Politico publishing about how they’re aren’t burying the Biden story. They certainly aren’t trumpeting it either. 

When a vacuous twit like Alyssa Milano was ready to hang Kavanaugh when that story broke, but then comes out and says Biden deserves the benefit of the doubt, the irony and hypocrisy amaze me. 
    Chris Hayes on MSNBC had the audacity to cover the Joe Biden sexual assault story. #FireChrisHayes is trending.
    You’re proving my point here. 
    He’s trying to.  Semolina is a RWNJ.
    So do you truly believe that I am further to the right than you are to the left? LMAO.
    I didn’t think it was some kind of a contest.
  • JohnInCarolina
    SciAggie said:
    Abilene is becoming a hot spot and a potential center for an outbreak. People act like the world is hunky dory. 
    Unfortunately I think we’re going to see a lot more of this.
  • Come on John Boy, just admit that you are a left wing nut job, we already know anyway.
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,597
    @DoubleEgger thanks man. We are excited, looking forward to a walk in pantry and I’ve never had a garage before.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• JohnInCarolina

I wonder about the political wisdom of this, when three of the current "Democrat states" are Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    @DoubleEgger thanks man. We are excited, looking forward to a walk in pantry and I’ve never had a garage before.
    Congrats! That's awesome. Just don't do like us. I have a garage and have parked inside 2 weeks in the 8years we've lived here. My kids gear takes up the space. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,597
    Congrats! That's awesome. Just don't do like us. I have a garage and have parked inside 2 weeks in the 8years we've lived here. My kids gear takes up the space. 
    Thanks and you are a lucky man! 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349

I wonder about the political wisdom of this, when three of the current "Democrat states" are Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin.
    And when so many of the 'Democrat states' pay in more than they take out while so many republican states take out so much more than they pay in...
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    CTMike said:
    And that would be a bad thing how?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,088
    caliking said:
    CTMike said:
    You are so OG. 

I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    dmchicago said:
    6:49 AM in Texas No flags yet.

Is the flagger a late sleeper or a west coaster?
    Hard to say where The Trim lives really or what his sleep habits are.
    I'm sure he's not the flaggit. 

I disagree with the above comment.  I am happy to do some flagging from time to time.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    thetrim said:
    dmchicago said:

I disagree with the above comment.  I am happy to do some flagging from time to time.
    Pretty sure you meant flogging.
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • thetrim
    dmchicago said:

Is that  confession of sorts?
    Ummmm....no.  I'd tell someone if I had a problem with them. I've just talked to Trim enough to know that's not how he rolls. 
    Steve does not strike me as the anonymous flagger type either, I agree.  Steve quotes and responds.

Thanks for the support, brother!  I'd rather have a pizza, but thanks for the support.
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    caliking said:
    CTMike said:

But what about getting on his knees and taking down about two quarts of bourbon slushies while wearing a Butt Blast t-shirt??  Only a true degenerate would do that.
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427

He's pretty much recording the TV commercials the DNC needs for this fall, isn't he.   ;)

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• thetrim
    I haven't been on this thread for a while, so I had some catching up to do.  Maybe I missed it, but did anyone take the time to congratulate our amazing VP on learning how to wear a mask today????

Mikey likes it!!!!
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    thetrim said:
    caliking said:
    CTMike said:

But what about getting on his knees and taking down about two quarts of bourbon slushies while wearing a Butt Blast t-shirt??  Only a true degenerate would do that.
    To the uninitiated on the forum this could present a troubling visual.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,741
    thetrim said:
    I haven't been on this thread for a while, so I had some catching up to do.  Maybe I missed it, but did anyone take the time to congratulate our amazing VP on learning how to wear a mask today????

Mikey likes it!!!!
    I frankly thought it made him look weak. Plus, he's there to do a job and he really needs to be able to look people in the eye.
    Stillwater, MN
  • bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,088
    bubbajack said:
    caliking said:
    CTMike said:
    You are so OG. 

Why am I getting flagged?  Can anybody here say that @caliking is not an original gangster? 
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    CTMike said:
    @CTMike

You are one of my favorites in this forum. I agree with you on your statement regarding hypocrisy. Politics and religion are just two sources that provide infinite amounts from every angle, side, and direction.

Also your assesment of the orange one is dead on.

Got to tell you Mike, if my choice for president comes down to a candidate that snorts coke off a hookers ass, while plowing another, and  the other is Donald Trump...

I would not choose Donald Trump.

Who knows what he has done with the hookers he has paid hush money to? That is a fact ....not a current unproven allegation.

Let us just say they are even, and throw that character judgement out for them both, the opponent, still is not responsible for over 60,000+ deaths, over a million infected, 31 million out of work, and the destruction of the greatest economy on earth, nor has the opposing candidate to Donald Trump been impeached.

Kind of how I see things.

I am a registered Republican.

Those protesting today, are a direct result of Trump's failure as president to effectively act for protection
    of our country and its citizens regarding Covid19.

Just saying, it is more than the Democrats and the media at this point.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    YukonRon said:
    CTMike said:
    @CTMike

You are one of my favorites in this forum. I agree with you on your statement regarding hypocrisy. Politics and religion are just two sources that provide infinite amounts from every angle, side, and direction.

Also your assesment of the orange one is dead on.

Got to tell you Mike, if my choice for president comes down to a candidate that snorts coke off a hookers ass, while plowing another, and  the other is Donald Trump...

I would not choose Donald Trump.

Who knows what he has done with the hookers he has paid hush money to? That is a fact ....not a current unproven allegation.

Let us just say they are even, and throw that character judgement out for them both, the opponent, still is not responsible for over 60,000+ deaths, over a million infected, 31 million out of work, and the destruction of the greatest economy on earth, nor has the opposing candidate to Donald Trump been impeached.

Kind of how I see things.

I am a registered Republican.

Those protesting today, are a direct result of Trump's failure as president to effectively act for protection
    of our country and its citizens regarding Covid19.

Just saying, it is more than the Democrats and the media at this point.
    Man you guys have a crappy view of things. He didn’t heed warnings in briefings, he didn’t do enough to prevent spread, he didn’t mandate stay at home orders, he didn’t save the country, he didn’t enforce martial law, he didn’t, he didn’t, he didn’t. Yes, he’s a crappy president. He’s still light years better than Hillary. Last election was voting for the best of the worst. This election won’t be any different. Trump didn’t force companies to lay anyone off. He’s not solely responsible for the unemployment rate. He’s not solely responsible for a lot of the **** y’all pin on him. He’s one man. Put yourself in his position (character flaws aside). Would you do any better? It’s easy to be a keyboard quarterback and say he shoulda done this.....