Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

remote BAM Blast?

Options

Comments

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,853
    Options
    I just picked up some Woodford Double Oaked so I'll have the proper beverage for toasting Brent tonight.  I did it last night with Basil Hayden which wasn't inappropriate...

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• NCSmoky
    NCSmoky Posts: 515
    Options
    Brisket ready for FTC

Burnt Ends going on

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    Nice to see some folks this morning! Now I see a guy working in nolas shop. I hope he’s OK. @foghorn the DO is always a good call. I’ll raise a glass this evening as well. Heck maybe soon...
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    caliking said:
    Cuban-style arroz con pollo is coming along nicely...

Janell made Arroz con Pollo last night. So tasty. Ours was more tex mex style though. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,147
    Options
    I was hoping that, at a minimum, everyone that purchased a shirt could wear it that day. we could post up some cooks in a dedicated thread. Basically dedicate the day to egging and day drankin’. To keep it in line with the real
    thing, all alcohol has to be concealed in a cup or a hugger/coozie. 
    Didn't I order a shirt!?!
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• Foghorn
    Options
    caliking said:
    Cuban-style arroz con pollo is coming along nicely...

That would go great with the crepes my kids are making. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,592
    Options
    I have worn my shirt all day and am sitting quietly thinking of great friends and reminiscing...Got a Madras beef curry going for tonight... Have fun guys...
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    i'm told i can't blame anyone but myself for drinking the WRDO.  this might call for a break from quarantine.
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • Foghorn
    Options
    We may or may not have just raised some Woodford Double Oaked - or in at least one participant's case some Evan Williams and Diet Coke - in memory of Brent a little while ago.

San Antonio, TX

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    We may or may not have just raised some Woodford Double Oaked - or in at least one participant's case some Evan Williams and Diet Coke - in memory of Brent a little while ago.
    A bottle of Woodford DO will be sacrificed in his honor tonight at my house as well.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,036
    Options

To Brent.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @lkapigian Beef shanks.... 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,732
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    Cheers Brent

it was nice "meeting you" last night, but I think Linda won when she said something to the effect of "we have enough booze!" while brandishing  the bottle of Patron :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Foghorn
    Options
    I'd hit those.  I suspect @blind99's case of rib envy just got worse.

San Antonio, TX

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,732
    Options

Pic no. 1 is possibly my favourite of 2020 thus far. What a gangster!
    I had to do a retake. Because I was drooling bourbon in the first one. 

#waddayameanstartedtooearly

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.