Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Gauntlet... thrown!! Bring out ALL of your cookers!!

Comments

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    What a awesome thread!!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    cazzy said:
    What a awesome thread!!
    @cazzy. Hell dude, how ya doin'?
    cazzy said:
    What a awesome thread!!
    @cazzy. Hell dude, how ya doin'?

Doing good man...I texted you back.  We’ll chat there!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    cazzy said:
    What a awesome thread!!
    Folks this is rarer than a Lee Greenwood sighting. Glad to see you @cazzy
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Toasted bread appetizer on the hearth.

Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • SciAggie
    edited April 2020
    Cabbage in the wok on the Mini Max. This would normally be red cabbage, but I had 1/2 of a green cabbage in the refrigerator. 

Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • SciAggie
    Fried pork cutlets.

Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • SciAggie
    Gravy...

Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • SciAggie
    This challenge is keeping me busy...
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • SciAggie
    @lousubcap Thanks. This is a fun distraction. I’m having fun thinking of what to cook that uses different items I have around. I have quite a few left to go...
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Dayum, Gary!! Phenomenal, as usual. 

Would love to hear your thoughts/details about the focaccia. Just mixed dough for mine. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • caliking
    Legume said:

I love eggs in just about any form. That looks outstanding. 

• SciAggie
    caliking said:
    Dayum, Gary!! Phenomenal, as usual. 

Would love to hear your thoughts/details about the focaccia. Just mixed dough for mine. 
    I posted in the wild yeast thread in a bit more detail. 
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • SciAggie
    @JohnInCarolina You make great pizzas. Those leopard spots...
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • SciAggie
    @Legume That looks delicious.
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • caliking
    You’ve still got it @JohnInCarolina

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    That there is a righteous combination looks delicious @JethroBodeen.  

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• SciAggie
    @JethroBodeen Very nice. What was in the Camp oven?
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • @SciAggie It was the cake. Pics never come out in order on this forum....
  • SciAggie
    @SciAggie It was the cake. Pics never come out in order on this forum....
    I understand. I’ve never cooked a cake in a dutch oven but I love making pies in them. Some of the best pecan pies I’ve ever done came from a camp oven. I think it’s the retained moisture inside the oven. 
    Years ago we camped a lot with my wife’s family - bunch of us a couple times a year. I made a chocolate meringue pie once in one just to show off. Whipped the meringue in a copper bowl - the whole deal. It was actually an excellent pie. Haven’t done it since. It was a lot of trouble. 
    Anyway, great looking cake. I’m glad others around here use their camp ovens. I should cook in mine more often. 
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • I love using them as well. I use it during hunting season a lot. Although it gets used with charcoal and not in the egg. Never tried pie in it. I should though. I have done lots of different cakes in it. I have my go to things that are just automatically done in the DO.
  • SciAggie
    @JethroBodeen I guess you could say my culinary journey began with a camp oven. Me and some friends used to camp out for about a week deer hunting back when we were in high school. We slept in the back of a pickup with a camper shell. We ate sandwiches and other crap. 
    The second year I decided I wanted to cook. I wanted to make biscuits (whopper biscuits) for breakfast in a camp oven. I remember thinking, “You have to preheat the oven at home.”
    I piled coals under and over a camp oven and “preheated” it for about 10 minutes - like at home. I put the biscuits in and cooked for 12 minutes like the tube instructed. 
    Those were the prettiest black hockey pucks you ever laid eyes upon. 
    I remember it like it was yesterday. 
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon