Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Gauntlet... thrown!! Bring out ALL of your cookers!!

calikingcaliking Posts: 14,585
edited April 8 in EggHead Forum
During what started off as a seemingly innocuous phone conversation with @20stone recently, I distinctly heard something to the effect of "since you’re sitting at home, I DARE you to use all of your cookers in the next couple of weeks". 

Thems fightin' words. 

I have a few other cookers in the "arsenal". Nothing fancy as such. Think @SciAggie, but redneck, with a bunch of Weber charcoal grills, and the BGE's. 

I'm throwing it open to everyone, because we need another thread to suck in cooks that could have been their own thread =)

Get your cookers out. I need to look for a  few smaller ones in the garage, that haven't been used in a while. No rules. Cook whatever you want, on whatever you want to. Yes, I guess even the gassers/storage units count. 

First cook - Blackstone griddle - sourdough English muffins.
 Inspired by SciAggie. Not perfect, but they'll do. Nice nooks and crannies in these. 






Let's get ready to RUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMBBBLLLLLE!!! :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
«13456719

Comments

  • GulfcoastguyGulfcoastguy Posts: 3,796
    I only have the one outside cooker, it's all that I need. 
  • frazzdaddyfrazzdaddy Posts: 2,318
    Starting 6 days off tomorrow. I'm in.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

    Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • SciAggieSciAggie Posts: 5,916
    @caliking Oh no you didn’t just......
    Honey? Sweetheart? Come hold my beer...

    Seriously - fun idea. I have to decide what to cook...
    Thoughts of carnitas are swirling like sugarplums in my head...
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • DoubleEggerDoubleEgger Posts: 16,849
    Do I have to clean my Minimax? Asking for a friend. 
  • Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 10,517
    Do I have to clean my Minimax? Asking for a friend. 
    Only to the standards of @Mickey

    Thank you,
    Darian

    Galveston Texas
  • LegumeLegume Posts: 11,101
    Waiting for @DMW to ask someone to hold his beer.
  • LegumeLegume Posts: 11,101
    caliking said:
    During what started off as a seemingly innocuous phone conversation with @20stone recently, I distinctly heard something to the effect of "since you’re sitting at home, I DARE you to use all of your cookers in the next couple of weeks". 

    Thems fightin' words. 

    I have a few other cookers in the "arsenal". Nothing fancy as such. Think @SciAggie, but redneck, with a bunch of Weber charcoal grills, and the BGE's. 

    I'm throwing it open to everyone, because we need another thread to suck in cooks that could have been their own thread =)

    Get your cookers out. I need to look for a  few smaller ones in the garage, that haven't been used in a while. No rules. Cook whatever you want, on whatever you want to. Yes, I guess even the gassers/storage units count. 

    First cook - Blackstone griddle - sourdough English muffins.
     Inspired by SciAggie. Not perfect, but they'll do. Nice nooks and crannies in these. 






    Let's get ready to RUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMBBBLLLLLE!!! :)
    Looks like you got lots of nookie in that last pic.
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 14,585
    Legume said:

    ...
    Looks like you got lots of nookie in that last pic.
    From past experience, it takes about 8 mins for an English muffin thread to go downhill. 

    #1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 14,585
    Do I have to clean my Minimax? Asking for a friend  @JohnInCarolina  
    FTFY

    #1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 14,585
    SciAggie said:
    @caliking Oh no you didn’t just......
    Honey? Sweetheart? Come hold my beer...

    Seriously - fun idea. I have to decide what to cook...
    Thoughts of carnitas are swirling like sugarplums in my head...
    I'm counting on you to raise the bar, Gary!

    #1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • TideEggHeadTideEggHead Posts: 1,001
    I’m in! Made Belgian fruit waffles this morning, I’ll check waffle maker off the list 😃



    The wife is addicted so we make these every couple of weeks. Definitely have some plans for other stuff in the coming days.
    LBGE
    SC AL
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 34,426
    14 outdoor cookers at two addresses....I'm out.
    ______________________________________________
    This is my signature line just so you're not confused.  Love me or hate me, I am forum Marmite.
    Large and Medium BGE, Kamado Joe Jr, Akorn Jr, smoker with a 5k btu AC, gas grill, fire pit, pack of angry cats, two turntables and a microphone, my friend.  Registered republican.
    New Orleans, LA - we know how to eat 

  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 8,180
    Does cooking in a shoe box count? Asking for a friend  

    XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

    San Antonio, TX

  • calikingcaliking Posts: 14,585
    @Lit - I've got one ot those in the mix too, but yours seems to be in better condition. She's a beaut!

    #1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 14,585
    edited April 8
    Foghorn said:
    Does cooking in a shoe box count? Asking for a friend  
    Only if your kids are helping you cook. I wouldn't trust you with much.

    #1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 14,585
    14 outdoor cookers at two addresses....I'm out.
    Amateur.

    #1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • frazzdaddyfrazzdaddy Posts: 2,318
    caliking said:
    14 outdoor cookers at two addresses....I'm out.
    Amateur.
    SKEERED
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

    Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 14,585
    caliking said:
    14 outdoor cookers at two addresses....I'm out.
    Amateur.
    SKEERED
    caliqueen claims I have more at one address...

    #1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 14,585
    I’m in! Made Belgian fruit waffles this morning, I’ll check waffle maker off the list 😃



    The wife is addicted so we make these every couple of weeks. Definitely have some plans for other stuff in the coming days.
    I hadn't considered indoor appliances, but why not? That looks good!

    #1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • frazzdaddyfrazzdaddy Posts: 2,318
    edited April 8
    caliking said:
    14 outdoor cookers at two addresses....I'm out.
    Amateur.
    caliqueen claims I have more at one address...


    Does the barn/shop kitchen count?
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

    Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • JustBugginJustBuggin Posts: 77
    BGE, two WSM, Weber gasser, old outdoor fryer, Camp Chef two burner griddle. Challenge accepted!
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 14,585
    caliking said:
    14 outdoor cookers at two addresses....I'm out.
    Amateur.
    caliqueen claims I have more at one address...


    Does the barn/shop kitchen count?
    Yup.

    #1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • GulfcoastguyGulfcoastguy Posts: 3,796
    @caliking, is Pops going to do the heavy work?
  • LegumeLegume Posts: 11,101
    @DoubleEgger another chance to bust out that SV!
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 14,585
    @caliking, is Pops going to do the heavy work?
    He's my secret weapon. Took him with to help us cook at an eggfest or two, and he's a machine! 84 yrs young this year. 

    #1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • SciAggieSciAggie Posts: 5,916
    We supposed to save up and post all at once or just post along over the next two weeks?
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
Sign In or Register to comment.
Click here for Forum Use Guidelines.