Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-What are you buying right now?

Comments

• 1911Man
    1911Man Posts: 366
    Pics of your brewery would cool..
    Once it's all setup, and probably on the coming brew day, I'll take some pics and post them. I have three keggles. Brew stand has two burners, two pumps, one 12" long (40 plate) plate chiller with hose and NPT fittings (from DudaDiesel) and such. Need to bend some sheet metal to make the electrical panel to run the pumps this week. Taking Wed-Friday off this week to work on that (plus Passover on Wednesday). 

Not sure if the stand will be painted this first time or not. Depends on which weekend we brew. Since I'll be brewing with my nephew this time. It's going to be his first batch. I had been thinking about the HERMS setup for a while, so it wasn't difficult to justify. It will make heating the mash at the end easier. Plus I won't need to direct fire the mash tune to get it up to temp. 

Plan is to get 10 gallons into fermenter (another adapted Sanke keg) so that he gets six gallons and I get three (into kegs to carbonate). I need to replace the beer lines in the brew fridge and clean up the taps. 
    Large BGE with CGS Woo Ring, stone with stainless pan, Smokeware chimney cap, Kick Ash basket and Kick Ash can.
    Living free in the 603 (Pelham).
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,167
    Just grabbed 3 racks of beef back ribs from Porter Road.  Out of stock right after the order placed.  Better to be lucky than good any day as I ordered within 20 minutes of the alertment email.  Great eats await.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    edited April 2020
    Got a two pack of Luxardo cherries off amazon for $36. Gonna make some old fashions this weekend 

It took me 41 years to stumble on these... had no idea they existed and had been using  no-name neon red store brand Maraschino cherries for decades. After getting over the initial sticker shock I took a gamble on an impulse buy at Fresh Market.  Wow - definitely worth the expense if you're a whiskey drinker... can't believe it took me so long.  
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Right, the price is stupid-high, but they are the cha cha cha cherry bomb.
    @ColtsFan my BIL has that sub and you will be pleased- solid performer. 

My latest is one from SVS and likely my favorite I have owned. 

Greensboro, NC
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    A new cookie shop opened up at the worst possible time. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    Picking up some baits from tackle warehouse! So many colors to choose from.

LBGE
    AL
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,663

3 bags green pumpkin and for  the full moon 1 bag of that red tomato looking one.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338

3 bags green pumpkin and for  the full moon 1 bag of that red tomato looking one.

Same thoughts fish! Picked up some green pumpkin, okeechobee craw, bama craw in the rage bug and green pumpkin and red in the quiver worm. I was out of the French pearl in the keitechs. I may go back and pick up some red in the rage bug though.
    LBGE
    AL
  • SonVolt
    Loving my new Smoke X. No more walking back 'n forth hoping for the best and/or dealing with WIFI. #GrabNGo

South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • 1911Man
    Called Stainless Brewing to check on the orders I placed on Friday and Sunday. They'll be working to get them out either today or tomorrow. With the whole Corona thing it's been a bit nuts for them. But at least I'll have the hardware before next weekend. They bend the coils to order, and have all the components I ordered. Which is good.

Also called the local butcher shop (Prime Butcher in Windham, NH) to get pricing on brisket for BBQ. Pricing is better than at the grocery store (5.99/# as is, or 6.99/# trimmed). I'll be heading over there tomorrow to get it. Will see what their prices are like on some other cuts too. Might end up getting more things from them as needed in the future.
    Large BGE with CGS Woo Ring, stone with stainless pan, Smokeware chimney cap, Kick Ash basket and Kick Ash can.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    If only I could find some in the stores...

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    Just ordered the Meat Church combo pack. Love their rubs. Only place local to me to carry them is Academy and I ain’t going there under current situation 
  • nolaegghead

Wondering if "00" flour is better than 00 flour? :)
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• nolaegghead
    It is "" better
  • Kinda wanting to pick this up for the living room of the new house. SWMBO is not so keen on the colour scheme, but appears as though she may be willing to give me the green light if I can score one that’s unpainted (or at least that doesn’t feature orange!). 

• 1911Man
    Looking at getting a new wireless router for at home. Current one has had it's wireless drop twice in two weeks requiring either rebooting the router, or toggling off/on of the wireless on it. 

New router prime candidate: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07P3FGKYD
  • nolaegghead
    1911Man said:
    Looking at getting a new wireless router for at home. Current one has had it's wireless drop twice in two weeks requiring either rebooting the router, or toggling off/on of the wireless on it. 

That's an insane amount of bandwidth.  What are you doing with your wifi?
    1911Man said:

I saw that flying in a Star Wars movie.

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    JJ George torch for the XL. Tired of the eggNiter
  • SonVolt
    edited April 2020
    I don't regret buying the JJ George torch. I do regret waiting so long and buying those expensive boxes of BGE fire-starting cubes for the first year of ownership.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    Kinda wanting to pick this up for the living room of the new house. SWMBO is not so keen on the colour scheme, but appears as though she may be willing to give me the green light if I can score one that’s unpainted (or at least that doesn’t feature orange!). 

18436572 if anybody asks, That's the firing order of your cocktail table.
    Do it in black and tell everyone it's one of Rick's NASCAR engines

I'd stick an old HEI on it for added coolness
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    ColtsFan said:
    Kinda wanting to pick this up for the living room of the new house. SWMBO is not so keen on the colour scheme, but appears as though she may be willing to give me the green light if I can score one that’s unpainted (or at least that doesn’t feature orange!). 

18436572 if anybody asks, That's the firing order of your cocktail table.
    Do it in black and tell everyone it's one of Rick's NASCAR engines

I'd stick an old HEI on it for added coolness
    Now we'er talkn'. MSD and Accell had a counter display model that would throw spark like a taser when you pushed a button. That would be a hit in the living room.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • SonVolt
    edited April 2020
    Only ~$6k for this Shirley propane tank pit. 

Mill Scale in Texas is asking $17,999 for basically the same smoker.

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    My new Dizzypig rubs arrive by noon today.
  • 1911Man
    Got a new electronic caliper arriving tomorrow from Shars...
    https://www.shars.com/aventor-12-dps-ip54-electronic-caliper

I have the 6" version already. Decided I needed a longer one as well since I'm actually working on some materials that will be longer than 6" when the machining is finished. Easier to just get the 12" version. A friend of mine has a 6" and 8" (different calipers). I almost went with the 8" but figured for the small price difference I'd be better off with the 12". That way I won't be looking to get the 12" later on when the 8" isn't long enough.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    Got a new accessory for my Instant Pot. A steam diverter so the steam from an instant release doesn't spray all over the cabinets above the pot. Works a treat.

There are other styles if you're not a Trump fan.