Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-What are you buying right now?

Comments

• Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    LEDs for my lawn tractor.  Swapping out all bulbs for LEDs because I want to. Also got a switch and light to tie into the landscape lighting system for better lighting for the grill area.
    Quarantine projects = all the projects I wanted to do but never had the time for.....
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    edited April 2020
    449.00 high bid on ebay right now. lol, it's getting real.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,859
    Time to bring a bit of caress and squirt to my low and slow game...

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,333

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,540
    Ordered the 7 pack Dizzy Pig rubs. Looking forward to trying Mole and Fajitaish....
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,418
    Pick one....CGS XL Woo Adjustable complete setup or a ThermoWorks Signals with Bellows. Wife said I can get one or the other for Fathers Day....decisions decisions 
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,418
    ColtsFan said:
    ColbyLang said:
    Pick one....CGS XL Woo Adjustable complete setup or a ThermoWorks Signals with Bellows. Wife said I can get one or the other for Fathers Day....decisions decisions 

CGS Woo AR Combo all day
    My thoughts as well just for the versatility in cooking options alone. Have the ThermoWorks Smoke currently....don’t know if I actually need a fan control for my cooks. Multiple probes would be a nice touch tho
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,333
    ColbyLang said:
    ColtsFan said:
    ColbyLang said:

CGS Woo AR Combo all day
    My thoughts as well just for the versatility in cooking options alone. Have the ThermoWorks Smoke currently....don’t know if I actually need a fan control for my cooks. Multiple probes would be a nice touch tho

I use my controller a few times a year. The Woo/AR for the XL...couple times a week.
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Another 1/4 of beef
    Elkhorn, NE
    1 large egg
    28" Blackstone
    Akorn Jr. 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,736
    found a duck breast in the supermarket, looks like prosciutto in a week
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • 1911Man
    1911Man Posts: 366
    Since I heard that the chicken processing plants out west are either getting (or are) shutdown due to the whole Corona BS, I picked up some chicken to freeze so that I'll be OK for at least a while. Ended up getting four of the family packs of split breasts. I'll freeze them either in pairs or by themselves (via Foodsaver) and take them out as needed. 

I would prefer to just buy what I need for the week, one week at a time, but with all the BS going on that's not easy to do on a lot of things. Yeast is still OOS at the grocery store, so I had to order a pound via Amazon (arrives today). I expect to go through the pound of yeast in under 10 months, so no real issue there. I will break it into 4 parts and freeze three of them until needed.
    Large BGE with CGS Woo Ring, stone with stainless pan, Smokeware chimney cap, Kick Ash basket and Kick Ash can.
    Living free in the 603 (Pelham).
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,669
    1911Man said:
    Since I heard that the chicken processing plants out west are either getting (or are) shutdown due to the whole Corona BS, I picked up some chicken to freeze so that I'll be OK for at least a while. Ended up getting four of the family packs of split breasts. I'll freeze them either in pairs or by themselves (via Foodsaver) and take them out as needed. 

I would prefer to just buy what I need for the week, one week at a time, but with all the BS going on that's not easy to do on a lot of things. Yeast is still OOS at the grocery store, so I had to order a pound via Amazon (arrives today). I expect to go through the pound of yeast in under 10 months, so no real issue there. I will break it into 4 parts and freeze three of them until needed.
     Not sure what you mean by BS but two family members that were “old” but healthy passed away from this disease so this is real...  If people are not careful it will just get worse.

Freezing the yeast is not a good idea (it will kill a small portion), best is to store them in airtight mason jar in the fridge.

paqman said:

Freezing the yeast is not a good idea (it will kill a small portion), best is to store them in airtight mason jar in the fridge.

Is that true? A lot of resources online tell you to freeze your yeast for near infinite storage. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • paqman said:
    1911Man said:

Not sure what you mean by BS but two family members that were “old” but healthy passed away from this disease so this is real...  If people are not careful it will just get worse.

Very sorry to hear @paqman. If you don’t mind my asking, where did they both reside (city and residence)?
  • paqman
    paqman said:
    1911Man said:

Very sorry to hear @paqman. If you don’t mind my asking, where did they both reside (city and residence)?
    2 in Montreal passed away and one is infected in Ville-St-Laurent and will likely make it through.

BTW, one employee tested positive at the Costco in Gatineau.

Some ikea furniture for the new home office. 
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• paqman
    SonVolt said:
    paqman said:

Is that true? A lot of resources online tell you to freeze your yeast for near infinite storage. 
    The manufacturer of the brand I use does not recommend freezing.  They say to store in an airtight container in the deep end of the fridge.  Mine sits in an airtight container in the fridge door and I use it 3-4 times a week.  I tried freezing a batch and compared the results side-by-side with the one in the fridge door and I lost about 20% « rising » power in a month.

paqman said:
    SonVolt said:
    paqman said:

The manufacturer of the brand I use does not recommend freezing.  They say to store in an airtight container in the deep end of the fridge.  Mine sits in an airtight container in the fridge door and I use it 3-4 times a week.  I tried freezing a batch and compared the results side-by-side with the one in the fridge door and I lost about 20% « rising » power in a month.
    Largely depends on if using instant yeast, compressed yeast etc. they make shelf stable yeast that can be opened and left out. We used compressed fresh at our bakery. We have frozen it with very good results. Yeast manufacturer recommended increasing usage 1-2% based on flour weight for potency loss
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Searched all over for yeast - amazon, walmart, etc.  Finally called my local pizza place.  They gave me some fresh yeast.  Recipe amounts are a bit different from instant or dried, but easy to calculate.
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • paqman
    ColbyLang said:
    paqman said:
    SonVolt said:
    paqman said:

Largely depends on if using instant yeast, compressed yeast etc. they make shelf stable yeast that can be opened and left out. We used compressed fresh at our bakery. We have frozen it with very good results. Yeast manufacturer recommended increasing usage 1-2% based on flour weight for potency loss
    I might have got one pack of this shelf stable yeast.  I think it says that it can be kept at room temperature but I just assumed it was as in the unopened pack.  Not sure that I will take the chance though.

TN_Egger said:
    Searched all over for yeast - amazon, walmart, etc.  Finally called my local pizza place.  They gave me some fresh yeast.  Recipe amounts are a bit different from instant or dried, but easy to calculate.
    I’ve been wanting to try fresh yeast for a while but nobody here seems to be using it.  I tried a couple of bakeries and pizza joints 🤷‍♂️

1911Man said:

2 in Montreal passed away and one is infected in Ville-St-Laurent and will likely make it through.

BTW, one employee tested positive at the Costco in Gatineau.
    Condolences. 

And thanks for sharing re: Costco. Looks like it hasn’t yet hit the media, but I’m sure it’s coming. 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,344
    SonVolt said:
    paqman said:

I generally use SAF and it is fine to freeze for many years.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,607
    Really bright lights.
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    YEMTrey said:
    Some ikea furniture for the new home office. 
    Nice.  My wife just got a sit/stand adapter for her desk at home.  I just make do with with laptop, but I'm very thankful I went in and got my bluetooth headset before the office shut down.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    25 kg of white flour arrived this week. 8 kg of rye in a separate box. We're good for a while.

• paqman
    Legume said:
    Really bright lights.
    😂😂😂😂 Took me a while to get it 😂😂😂😂