Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-What are you buying right now?

Options

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,407
    Options
    Improved my stock. If I run out of food I’m gonna need a drink for sure. Bought the last 2 bottles of Blantons and was talked into the Oceans by the romantic tale of its making. The Weller is a no brained add on for delicious cocktails, high proof  
    I don't know who you know but that is quite a selection.  Nothing like an inside track.  Love me the Blanton's (the original single barrel bourbon as near as I can sort out).  I hope you enjoy the Jefferson's Ocean.  I gave a bottle a go...
    Better to be lucky than good any day!
    Be well!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • FarmingPhD
    FarmingPhD Posts: 840
    Options
    Jimmy Johns, long work week and getting back to house projects.  Local pub was open when I swung down to get JJ’s and the patio was well spaced and occupied on a beautiful 75 deg evening.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    Elijah said:
    WeberWho said:
    Elijah said:
    WeberWho said:
    I over seeded majority of my lawn this past weekend. I'm SOL for the next 5 weeks before I can run the sprayer around the yard for weeds. My goal is to keep up with dandelions. I really didn't feel like crawling around the yard and using a hand tool. So I did a little research on what's available. 

It came down to Fiskars and Ames weeders. Both had great reviews. I ultimately went with the Ames. The construction of it appears to more heavy duty over the plastic Fiskars.

I was like a kid in the candy store using it this evening. What a fantastic and easy tool to use. Some people don't like the 1"+ hole it leaves in the grass. I don't see the reason why to wine about it. I just call it aerating the yard. Don't look for any Youtube videos for a review. They all suck. 

If anyone hates picking dandelions I highly suggest this tool. Back and time saver. 
    How much did you pay? 
    @elijah

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Ames-Stand-Up-Weeder-2917300/206297058

I was able to do curbside pick up with them. They also seem to be the cheapest in price. 

I got it curbside, but it was going to take an hour to get it after arriving at the curb. I just went in and bought it... 
    That's awesome! I made two rounds today with mine. I'm interested to hear you thoughts on it.
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Improved my stock. If I run out of food I’m gonna need a drink for sure. Bought the last 2 bottles of Blantons and was talked into the Oceans by the romantic tale of its making. The Weller is a no brained add on for delicious cocktails, high proof  
    I don't know who you know but that is quite a selection.  Nothing like an inside track.  Love me the Blanton's (the original single barrel bourbon as near as I can sort out).  I hope you enjoy the Jefferson's Ocean.  I gave a bottle a go...
    Better to be lucky than good any day!
    Be well!
    It was a text from my good friend the advertising guy that turned me on to the recent delivery to our mutual friend that owns several establishments and a take out location. I was predisposed last evening but he set them aside for me (Blantons) and I added the others to the tab. I left a few other offerings behind to keep my place in the home intact. 😜 He has some Weller 12 coming in according to the rep. I have an inside track on that unicorn. Fingers crossed! I splash the booze around pretty liberally for my guests, so hopefully some day when we return to some sort of normalcy I can share these with them and pay back my buddy. Cheers!
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,365
    Options
    What’s Weller 12 going for these days? Never seen it in the wild. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    The 13×13 Coleman canopy is on sale at Costco right now. They seem to only go on sale once a year. I used mine 5-6 times and thought it was nice. I had one of the corners pockets rip where a pole holds in place. I think it was a bad stitch job from the start as the 3 other pockets were perfect. I ended up returning it. I wanted to buy a replacement but Costco wouldn't give me a replacement for the sale price I paid for it. So the sale is finally back and I'm going to pick up another one. I think they're a good canopy but just had a mishap with that one pocket. 

For anyone interested: 

https://www.costco.com/coleman-13'-x-13'-instant-eaved-shelter.product.100394980.html
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I have a couple of those, got them on sale
    Options
    Dobie said:
    What’s Weller 12 going for these days? Never seen it in the wild. 
    Should only be @ 45-55 bucks, I believe. The aftermarket probably demands a few hundo. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,407
    Options
    Since today would have been Kentucky Derby Day, I took what I would have wagered plus a good bit and ordered a picture of Secretariat (aka Big Red) down the stretch at the Belmont, 1973.  Signed by the jockey, Ron Turcotte.  Should have done it years ago...
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    edited May 2020
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Since today would have been Kentucky Derby Day, I took what I would have wagered plus a good bit and ordered a picture of Secretariat (aka Big Red) down the stretch at the Belmont, 1973.  Signed by the jockey, Ron Turcotte.  Should have done it years ago...

Tis a sad day indeed at Two Rivers Farm with no Derby. The mint juleps will still be had in hopes of better days. 
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,306
    Options
    Well according to my email, the adjustable rig that I ordered is on my doorstep. The problem is that I am 100 miles away. The previous email said that the delivery date was supposed to be Monday. That is the first time that the five letter agency has delivered early. I cooked a turkey and carried it to my parents. Help them do shopping since they haven’t left their property in 6 weeks. Then tilled the garden and set up cucumber cages. My Dad fell of a ladder 5 hours before I got there. He is almost 90. I told him I was going to get some logging chain and padlock his ladders to a tree. At least nothing broken unlike a similar incident in 2000.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Well according to my email, the adjustable rig that I ordered is on my doorstep. The problem is that I am 100 miles away. The previous email said that the delivery date was supposed to be Monday. That is the first time that the five letter agency has delivered early. I cooked a turkey and carried it to my parents. Help them do shopping since they haven’t left their property in 6 weeks. Then tilled the garden and set up cucumber cages. My Dad fell of a ladder 5 hours before I got there. He is almost 90. I told him I was going to get some logging chain and padlock his ladders to a tree. At least nothing broken unlike a similar incident in 2000.
    The adjustable rig was still on my door mat after two days when I made it back. The Porch Pirates must be quarantining. 
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Stuff any normal human would buy...
    Options

Options
    I actually like that miter saw better than the 600 buck Milwaukee at my house.
    Options
    Stuff any normal human would buy...
    Mine came in Saturday (top pic). I just paid for a large Egg to be preassembled and delivered on Friday. It will go straight into the Cuna cart that I have already assembled.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,350
    Options
    Wood chunks from Fruita 

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Gulfcoastguy
    Options

Virgin white for now.
  • frazzdaddy
    Options

Virgin white for now.
    I had a hard time the first time it was just so pretty.
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Am I doing it right?
    Options

Virgin white for now.
    Shots across the bow!
    Options

Virgin white for now.
    Shots across the bow!
    I did that just for you.
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options

find the serial number now and take a picture for warranty issues down the road

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Am I doing it right?
    You got me. I will go to the Ceramic Grill Store later to double check.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options

Is that it in the dome? Supposedly ACE entered all of it into the system but I still have the receipt.
  • fishlessman
    Options

Is that it in the dome? Supposedly ACE entered all of it into the system but I still have the receipt.

my eggs are old and they kept changing it so i dont know. my oldest was just penciled in, my 15 year old egg is hidden under the gasket. i would certainly find out though
    fukahwee maine

• Gulfcoastguy
    Options

The medium looks like the old dog that has just seen the new puppy. I have already sent a text to my nephew to come pick up the medium if he wants it. The boy needs some distraction right now not to get into his business.
  • frazzdaddy
    edited May 2020
    Options

My new large was in the dome.
    From the Mother ship

Some ID Numbers are 4 to 7 digits and others will be 8 to 11 digits. ID's are a debossed number which can be found inside the dome, at the back side, just above the gasket. You can see "2V322120116" in the example.
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • fishlessman
    Options
    here is how to find it, scroll down

fukahwee maine