Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-What are you buying right now?

Options

Comments

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,663
    Options

.22 Magnum S&W Airlite

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• 1911Man
    1911Man Posts: 366
    Options
    For the BS, I'm talking about people buying stupid. Such as all the TP and such early on instead of just buying like they would normally. Or even getting a LITTLE more 'in case'. The egg section at the grocery store is still barely stocked any day I go. 

As for freezing (some of) the yeast, it's what I found when I was researching the yeast type. IIRC, instant yeast has a much higher percentage of cells ready to go to town without needing to be 'proofed'. I'll probably just break it up into 4oz pieces, vacuum pack, and place into the fridge. I wish I had the empty jar that I emptied last so that I could use that. I might just use another jar I have on hand that's not too much larger.
    Large BGE with CGS Woo Ring, stone with stainless pan, Smokeware chimney cap, Kick Ash basket and Kick Ash can.
    Living free in the 603 (Pelham).
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,667
    Options

South of Columbus, Ohio.

• JNDATHP
    JNDATHP Posts: 461
    Options

Michael
    Large BGE
    Reno, NV
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,192
    Options
    1911Man said:
    For the BS, I'm talking about people buying stupid. Such as all the TP and such early on instead of just buying like they would normally. Or even getting a LITTLE more 'in case'. The egg section at the grocery store is still barely stocked any day I go. 

Spoken like a man who has been wiping his butt with single ply John Wayne toilet paper for six weeks straight. 
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,671
    Options
    1911Man said:

Spoken like a man who has been wiping his butt with single ply John Wayne toilet paper for six weeks straight. 
    Toilet paper is not a problem here anymore.  Almost everything is back in stock except for a few random things.  We even have yeast, lots of yeast and cheap.  Still no Purell and Lysol wipes though.

Options
    Made my monthly Costco run yesterday morning. Got there around 9am and probably the fewest people I’ve ever seen there. Good that people are not in big numbers but strange also for those used to the typical Costco experience before all this. I took my N95 mask and some disinfectant wipes with me. Wearing the mask sucks but I wouldn’t go without it, don’t know how people wear them all day and glad I don’t have too. Anyways plenty of toilet paper and paper towels, more than they usually have on the floor. Multiple pallets of both out. No soft soap, Clorox wipes or plastic gloves in stock. I would say 95% of shoppers wearing masks and all workers had them. Got chicken wings and breast, ground beef and decent prime ribeyes at $12.99 a pound. Wasn’t cruising all the meat like I usually would but pork looked thin. Beef and chicken in better shape. Supply chain seems to be catching up on most things at the moment. Checkout is beefed up now and employees are not touching cards or receipts. Large plexiglass shields up at the registers and the checker at the exit door stays behind a large shield and looks at your receipt through it never touching it and isn’t marking receipts. 
    Got 4 soft soap antibacterial 50 oz. refills delivered today that I ordered a month ago.
    Glad to see that come in I was getting low and you can’t find it on the shelves here.
    You feel like a pandemic fighting superhero after venturing out masked up and carrying disinfectant with you while avoiding people like the plague, how times have changed. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,099
    Options
    These damnit.

I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,494
    Options
    bubbajack said:
    These damnit.

"Before" and "After" pics, please!   =)

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,306
    Options
    bubbajack said:
    These damnit.

I tried to buy some but that shelf at Walmart was empty.
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    @bubbajack in normal times I get a haircut every 2 - 2.5 weeks faithfully with it never getting longer than 1 -  1.25 inch; however I have not got one since 3/9.  I have not ever in my life had my hair so long. We have clippers (my wife used to cut my hair at one point) but I am riding this one out for a bit longer. Every day I try to style it differently and crack my wife up. I know the first day we hit 75F the clippers are going to come out. 
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Our VP at works wife tried to cut his hair and messed up so bad he had to shave it. Pretty funny since we are doing every call as a video call. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,494
    Options
    I usually wear mine "high-n-tight" so it's really starting to bother me now.
    But what I really wanna know is: where is all this silver coming from?!?!?   :o

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    I ordered ordered a freezer alarm from amazon.  I figured for $20 it was a good investment. 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,407
    Options
    @bucky925 I admit that I am old and slow but none of the numbers on that first pic would indicate that your freezer is working any better than an A/C unit.   =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    bucky925 said:
    I ordered ordered a freezer alarm from amazon.  I figured for $20 it was a good investment. 

I have those exact ones and it works great. Keep one in the beer fridge in the garage and one in the kitchen fridge
  • Tracebuzta
    Options
    Just scored a half moon XL and a Mini cast iron grate.... For $85  =)
  • Tracebuzta
    Tracebuzta Posts: 23
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Oops... Double post, sorry 
  • MJG
    MJG Posts: 598
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Sous vide machine and cooking vessel. 
    Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    North African spice blends and a table saw.  Unrelated projects.
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,663
    Options
    Vegetable plants and seeds.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    33 lb forklift propane tank
    Options
    Wendy’s spicy chicken sandwich 
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Options
    Lit said:
    bucky925 said:

I have those exact ones and it works great. Keep one in the beer fridge in the garage and one in the kitchen fridge
    SMART - I just ordered one so thanks - never heard of this product until now.
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,306
    Options
    I haven’t ordered it yet but I am thinking about ordering this adjustable rig combo rather than get a plate setter https://ceramicgrillstore.com/collections/big-green-egg-large-accessories-by-ceramic-grill-store/products/large-adjustable-rig-r-and-b-combo-bge
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    I over seeded majority of my lawn this past weekend. I'm SOL for the next 5 weeks before I can run the sprayer around the yard for weeds. My goal is to keep up with dandelions. I really didn't feel like crawling around the yard and using a hand tool. So I did a little research on what's available. 

It came down to Fiskars and Ames weeders. Both had great reviews. I ultimately went with the Ames. The construction of it appears to more heavy duty over the plastic Fiskars.

I was like a kid in the candy store using it this evening. What a fantastic and easy tool to use. Some people don't like the 1"+ hole it leaves in the grass. I don't see the reason why to wine about it. I just call it aerating the yard. Don't look for any Youtube videos for a review. They all suck. 

If anyone hates picking dandelions I highly suggest this tool. Back and time saver. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Elijah
    Elijah Posts: 689
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    I over seeded majority of my lawn this past weekend. I'm SOL for the next 5 weeks before I can run the sprayer around the yard for weeds. My goal is to keep up with dandelions. I really didn't feel like crawling around the yard and using a hand tool. So I did a little research on what's available. 

It came down to Fiskars and Ames weeders. Both had great reviews. I ultimately went with the Ames. The construction of it appears to more heavy duty over the plastic Fiskars.

I was like a kid in the candy store using it this evening. What a fantastic and easy tool to use. Some people don't like the 1"+ hole it leaves in the grass. I don't see the reason why to wine about it. I just call it aerating the yard. Don't look for any Youtube videos for a review. They all suck. 

If anyone hates picking dandelions I highly suggest this tool. Back and time saver. 
    How much did you pay? 
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Ordered 3 bags of Rockwood and the smallest can of outdoor stain they had for a small project at 3pm today from ACE.  Supposed to be here by 10 AM tomorrow. Let’s see if they are better than amazon has been for the last 4 weeks.   
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    Elijah said:
    WeberWho said:

How much did you pay? 
    @elijah

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Ames-Stand-Up-Weeder-2917300/206297058

I was able to do curbside pick up with them. They also seem to be the cheapest in price. 

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota