Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-What are you buying right now?

Options

Comments

• speed51133
    speed51133 Posts: 691
    edited March 2020
    Options
    My 16" MBP only has USB-C ports (can charge on any of them) and that's it.  Good thing is they are 40 Gbit/sec, bad is there are no USB/HDMI, etc.

So I bought this and leave it on my 4k monitor/keyboard/mouse:

he wants dual monitors that one doesn't do that
    Here are some with dual/triple HDMI.  I have a friend that does pro video editing and he loves these.  Mine works great.  They're in extruded aluminum cases and relatively cheap.

https://www.amazon.com/Docking-Station-UtechSmart-Compatible-Ethernet/dp/B07TXTF2WR/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?keywords=utechsmart+hub&qid=1585343727&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzMTI0RzhDVUdIS0RDJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNTg0Mjk3MkxERFNRSE1OT0I2MiZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwODM0MDQ1RzREWDMwWVRYMTlOJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

this one will work, but I can't tell if is supplied wall power or just draws from the laptop
    XL BGE and Kamado Joe Jr.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    The cool thing with these is you can plug your power brick into them and just plug that one usbc into your computer if it is powered via usbc.  Otherwise it would depend on the usbc ports on the computer.  It's powered via computer or usbc external to the computer on mine.  but diff systems are different.

Options
    i did see a pic showing it draw power from a power strip via usb-c. So it does look like it works. Just make sure you have high amp usb-c cable and a high amp charger.
    XL BGE and Kamado Joe Jr.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I have 3 USB-C power bricks - 96, 86 and 86 watt.  That's a great spec on USB-C, high power delivery.  Also can plug my phone into any of those ports and it does a fast charge.
    Options
    Early birthday presents for myself. Planning on using them tomorrow to finish a couple of projects

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    Legume said:
    https://merfscondiments.com/

Small hot sauce company in Denver.  I ordered a bunch of sauces and received them in 2 days.  Very creative sauces and they’re offering 40% off.

My order arrived yesterday. Good stuff! Thanks for posting that.
    I really love their Electric Lime salsa. I'll probably order a couple more of the gallon jugs of that stuff while it is still 40% off.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options
    Did not know that you can buy an egg online, direct from the MS.  Free shipping to boot!
    https://shop.biggreenegg.com/egg-packages/
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,304
    Options
    I just placed an order with the Ceramic Grill Store for a Cuna Cart for a large green egg. When it arrives and is assembled I'll go negotiate with ACE for the large egg. 
    I will probably pass the gasket less Medium with an underbite onto my nephew. Due to an unfaithful wife, caught red handed, he needs the distraction. She will very shortly be: homeless, uninsured, and unemployed as she worked for her mother in law, was on my nephew's insurance, and they were staying rent free in a family trailer that they didn't own.
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    Trying to buy bicycle parts. But the Ebay seller wont look at his offers. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    Trying to buy bicycle parts. But the Ebay seller wont look at his offers. 
    I wonder if sellers are reluctant to sell and ship right now. I ordered motorcycle gaskets on Ebay last week and I had the seller cancel the order the next day without any explanation. That was the first time I've had an oder get cancelled on Ebay.  
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    I just placed an order with the Ceramic Grill Store for a Cuna Cart for a large green egg. When it arrives and is assembled I'll go negotiate with ACE for the large egg. 
    I will probably pass the gasket less Medium with an underbite onto my nephew. Due to an unfaithful wife, caught red handed, he needs the distraction. She will very shortly be: homeless, uninsured, and unemployed as she worked for her mother in law, was on my nephew's insurance, and they were staying rent free in a family trailer that they didn't own.
    Um, congrats on the cart and new egg?  Quite a story.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Legume said:
    Life is like that . There’s a lot more to the story and it’s a lot worse but I will keep that underwraps for now.
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    New truck. Wasn’t even considering this a week ago.  I couldn’t resist. 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    Legume said:
    Life is like that . There’s a lot more to the story and it’s a lot worse but I will keep that underwraps for now.

Should give the producers or showrunner of The Tiger King series a call.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,660
    Options
    7” fender flares for my TJ Wrangler. Tired of slinging mud and rocks all over the Jeep to include inside if the windows are down. 

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    Just found a new brisket supplier and took advantage of free shipping til April 11.  HeartBrand beef in Flatonia, TX.  Ordered one of their Akaushi briskets.  A new breed for me.  Looking forward to it.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    @lousubcap I buy their steaks. Really good quality

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    Boat parts, resealing the outdrive, plugs , cap, rotor and a carb rebuild. I mean I've got time now.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    Boat parts, resealing the outdrive, plugs , cap, rotor and a carb rebuild. I mean I've got time now.

ive only got time to put the boat in, its april, its time to put the boat in ;)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    whatever doesnt get fixed late fall on the boat gets fixed next fall
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    edited April 2020
    Options
    whatever doesnt get fixed late fall on the boat gets fixed next fall
    With my new schedule (6 days on 6 days off) I decided to do it now. The other boat was done in the fall. It's ready.  
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • CigarCityEgger
    CigarCityEgger Posts: 2,109
    Options
    Got a two pack of Luxardo cherries off amazon for $36. Gonna make some old fashions this weekend 
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Got a two pack of Luxardo cherries off amazon for $36. Gonna make some old fashions this weekend 
    Check your delivery date. Mine aren’t coming til the 22nd and I ordered more than a week ago. Apparently they aren’t essential. Clearly they haven’t ever tasted them. Good luck. I ordered another two jars from kegworks. 
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    The Ceramic Grill Store emailed me the assembly instructions for my Cuna Cart that is somewhere in the alphabet shipping train. A necessary tool seems to be a rubber mallet. No trips to Lowe’s possible for the next two weeks.
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,659
    edited April 2020
    Options
    The Ceramic Grill Store emailed me the assembly instructions for my Cuna Cart that is somewhere in the alphabet shipping train. A necessary tool seems to be a rubber mallet. No trips to Lowe’s possible for the next two weeks.
    Substitute a 2x4 and go easy. Or hit the 2x4 with another hammer to soften the blow
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Substitute a 2x4 and go easy. Or hit the 2x4 with another hammer to soften the blow
    Thanks but it hasn’t even arrived yet. I ordered the cart before the new large Egg purchase. Now the State is on lock down so the issue isn’t pressing. 
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,429
    Options
    Thanks but it hasn’t even arrived yet. I ordered the cart before the new large Egg purchase. Now the State is on lock down so the issue isn’t pressing. 
    Seems to me you have ample time to assemble said cart. Do a Lowe’s pickup. They’re still operating in Louisiana 
  • 1911Man
    1911Man Posts: 366
    Options
    Ordered up a new HERMS setup (10" diameter coil made from 50' of 1/2" SS tubing) including the fittings needed (ball valves, compression fittings, etc.) Friday evening. Today I ordered up a new stainless pump head to replace the plastic head for my second March pump. Added the adapter for the inlet (it's 3/4" NPT). Hope to get it all before EOD Thursday so that I can get it all setup to brew either the coming weekend or the one after that. I'll need to drill holes in the keggle that's going to be the HLT for the HERMS along with the outlet ball valve. I'll need to either use one of the dip tubes I made a while ago, or make a new one for the HLT. I have the tubing along with the tool to bend it so no biggie there.

Also going to fabricate a sight glass/tube for the HLT from a couple of 90 degree fittings I have, a length of borosilicate tube (14" length) and a stainless steel shield that I'll machine slot(s) into (probably two long ones with a gap in the middle). I already have a sight tube like this on the boil keggle so it won't be the first one I've made. I'll need to graduate the sight tube once it's all assembled so that I can easily tell if I have the correct amount of water there. Since it will have the HERMS coil in there, it will require that once everything is installed. 
    Large BGE with CGS Woo Ring, stone with stainless pan, Smokeware chimney cap, Kick Ash basket and Kick Ash can.
    Living free in the 603 (Pelham).
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,659
    Options
    Pics of your brewery would cool..
    South of Columbus, Ohio.