Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-What are you buying right now?

Options

Comments

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    Yes, I had to explain to Linda this was for putting Jet Net on Salami and Coppa, not a toy for the stay home order 

@GrateEggspectations gave that 4 out of 5 stars  ;)
    Hope you stocked up on TP doubly, my friend. You talk enough $hit that your mouth requires plenty of wiping. 😉
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,650
    Options
    @HeavyG eBay, independent shippers. Probably better prices.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,348
    Options
    @HeavyG eBay, independent shippers. Probably better prices.

Amazon is actually cheaper (by $2 per card) than ebay for the cards I wanted. Best Buy is, of course, more expensive than either but I can get them today. However, that's all a moot point now as a couple of hours ago I remembered I had a couple Wyze cams I am not using at the moment and I will just use the microSD cards from those for the time being.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    $3400 worth of stuff. 
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Lit said:
    $3400 worth of stuff. 
    You’re doing your part to stimulate the economy. What did you buy?
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,356
    Options
    A silk screened t-shirt with this printed on it.
    Las Vegas, NV

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    edited March 2020
    Options

I sat down on the couch last night and my wife was watching this... 4 hours later I was still watching and my jaw was laying over in the floor somewhere. This show is a hilarious dumpster fire of epic proportions.
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Lit said:
    $3400 worth of stuff. 
    You’re doing your part to stimulate the economy. What did you buy?
    Was just kidding. My 5yr old daughter is scheduled to have a hernia surgery in about 30 minutes so my money is spent. 
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @Lit: Sorry to hear (about the cost, but more importantly, the condition). Wishing the best for you guys. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    Yes, I had to explain to Linda this was for putting Jet Net on Salami and Coppa, not a toy for the stay home order 

Looks like something little rascal's wife would buy, for some reason. 
    Options
    @Lit: Sorry to hear (about the cost, but more importantly, the condition). Wishing the best for you guys. 
    Thanks. She should be fine. The guy doing it has done 27k hernia surgeries on children but it’s scary for sure. 
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,356
    Options
    SonVolt said:

I sat down on the couch last night and my wife was watching this... 4 hours later I was still watching and my jaw was laying over in the floor somewhere. This show is a hilarious dumpster fire of epic proportions.
    I listened to a podcast series about this a couple of months ago. The Netflix series is so much better. 

100% Carole killed her husband.
    Las Vegas, NV

• billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,528
    Options
    Botch said:
    Took delivery of an "Air Mouse" to use with my FireTV stick thingie:

It replaces the remote that comes with the unit, and should be MUCH easier to type in a URL than using the stupid up/down/left/right buttons.  

Here's a video that explains how its used better.  Note it requires an additional cable, if anyone else is interested.  

https://youtu.be/GtP-r3x-d5Q

do you know you can use your phone as a remote?
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,528
    Options
    lkapigian said:

overachiever 
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options
    billt01 said:
    lkapigian said:

overachiever 
    One might suggest underachiever...  ;)
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,618
    Options
    billt01 said:
    Botch said:

It replaces the remote that comes with the unit, and should be MUCH easier to type in a URL than using the stupid up/down/left/right buttons.  

Here's a video that explains how its used better.  Note it requires an additional cable, if anyone else is interested.  

Not Botch’s StarTAC
  • SonVolt
    edited March 2020
    Options
    billt01 said:
    Botch said:

No I didn't! That's awesome.
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    billt01 said:
    Botch said:

I wouldn't have thunk that in a billions years!  So unpredictable!  Holy moley, who thought of that?  How can a phone interface with an internet appliance?  Unheard of!!!!  WOWZER!!!!
    Options
    Looking for someone help me spend some money.  Since I've been working from home I needed to get a Laptop.  Settled for an HP Envy x360 Convertable 15m.  Looking for a docking station to use at work for the laptop.  Want to be able to hook up to dual monitors.  Our IT group suggested I get the HP Thunderbolt G2.  To me it seems that they just picked one.  So what do you guys think?
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• speed51133
    speed51133 Posts: 691
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Looking for someone help me spend some money.  Since I've been working from home I needed to get a Laptop.  Settled for an HP Envy x360 Convertable 15m.  Looking for a docking station to use at work for the laptop.  Want to be able to hook up to dual monitors.  Our IT group suggested I get the HP Thunderbolt G2.  To me it seems that they just picked one.  So what do you guys think?
    Didn't you ask them to pick one? How many USB devices do you have? what kinds of monitors? What connections do they use "VGA/HDMI/Displayport/DVI/...". I do not believe your laptop has a docking station connector on it (look at the bottom of the computer for some kind of port). You will need to use a USB docking station. DO you know what USB-C is? I think you have one on your laptop. See below for the port in the middle of the pic. Does yours also have that logo that is boxed in red? Does yours have a lightning bolt by it?

If you do have that port, and your monitors are both either HDMI or displayport, try this:
    https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1426020-REG/targus_dock177usz_universal_usb_3_0_dv4k.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjwyPbzBRDsARIsAFh15JaS2EZg3CJh7mXgiGAH56imm7ucw3yPVDj2AVWaZ65jZ07wOsd7vyAaAjwzEALw_wcB
    XL BGE and Kamado Joe Jr.
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    This is what my office gave us. I have one at home at  the office. I have both monitors hooked up to it. Works great. My home set up. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • SonVolt
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I'm way more impressed with this new Surface Pro 7 than I thought I would be. The included dock supports 2 24" monitors plus itself without busting a sweat. 
  • speed51133
    Options
    This is what my office gave us. I have one at home at  the office. I have both monitors hooked up to it. Works great. My home set up. 
    will not work. his laptop does not have a docking port like yours does
  • Boileregger
    Boileregger Posts: 614
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    I'm way more impressed with this new Surface Pro 7 than I thought I would be. The included dock supports 2 24" monitors plus itself without busting a sweat. 
    I have a Surface Book 2 and agree that Surface is way to go for a dual monitor setup.  I initially recoiled in horror when work gave it to me (was thinking windows phone), but I have been very pleasantly surprised.  You can also detach the screen and use it as a giant tablet.  It is my favorite work computer I have ever had.
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Didn't you ask them to pick one? How many USB devices do you have? what kinds of monitors? What connections do they use "VGA/HDMI/Displayport/DVI/...". I do not believe your laptop has a docking station connector on it (look at the bottom of the computer for some kind of port). You will need to use a USB docking station. DO you know what USB-C is? I think you have one on your laptop. See below for the port in the middle of the pic. Does yours also have that logo that is boxed in red? Does yours have a lightning bolt by it?

If you do have that port, and your monitors are both either HDMI or displayport, try this:
    https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1426020-REG/targus_dock177usz_universal_usb_3_0_dv4k.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjwyPbzBRDsARIsAFh15JaS2EZg3CJh7mXgiGAH56imm7ucw3yPVDj2AVWaZ65jZ07wOsd7vyAaAjwzEALw_wcB
    Correct I do not have the dock port, so yes I will need a USB one.  My laptop has 1 "regular" USB, 1 lighting USB, 1 USB-C and 1 HDMI.  I do not have the monitors yet.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• speed51133
    edited March 2020
    Options

Correct I do not have the dock port, so yes I will need a USB one.  My laptop has 1 "regular" USB, 1 lighting USB, 1 USB-C and 1 HDMI.  I do not have the monitors yet.
    Here is a discounted one for the targus I linked above:
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Targus-Universal-USB-3-0-DV4K-Docking-Station-with-Power/610581008 When buying monitors, get ones with HDMI ports or Displayport if you want this USB docking station.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    My 16" MBP only has USB-C ports (can charge on any of them) and that's it.  Good thing is they are 40 Gbit/sec, bad is there are no USB/HDMI, etc.

So I bought this and leave it on my 4k monitor/keyboard/mouse:

Options
    My 16" MBP only has USB-C ports (can charge on any of them) and that's it.  Good thing is they are 40 Gbit/sec, bad is there are no USB/HDMI, etc.

he wants dual monitors that one doesn't do that
  • nolaegghead
    Options

he wants dual monitors that one doesn't do that
    Here are some with dual/triple HDMI.  I have a friend that does pro video editing and he loves these.  Mine works great.  They're in extruded aluminum cases and relatively cheap.

Options
    I don't get why people are still using a bunch of 1080p monitors when you can buy a giant 4K for next to nothing and not have to d!ck around with managing multiple monitors. 

I convinced a bunch of co-workers in IT to do this and they're never going back.