Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102

We all agree which one of the four people pictured would be the least fun at a party, right? 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    CPFC1905 said:

We all agree which one of the four people pictured would be the least fun at a party, right? 
    Would it be the crazy guy behind the shrink holding the gun telling him to tell the people in the waiting room that office hours are over?
    Oh, "four people".  Nevermind.  I was thinking outside the cube.
    the world will be sunny again, no worries.
    edited March 2020
    She's working COVID again, today.  Then she will rotate back to her normal telemetry unit for a couple days before a rotation back to the COVID unit.  This will continue on for the indeterminate future.  At some point I predict most medical personnel will be focusing on the pandemic.

The first responders are doing a heroic job.  Please give anyone you know in this position, including police, firemen, EMS kudos.  They're paying a steep price dealing with this pandemic.
    @nolaegghead Prayers and positive vibes to you and the wife, and to everyone out there.. Stay safe friends..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    Little Rascal is Nola’s Carole Fking Baskin
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    SciAggie said:
    I’m pi$$ed... Why did I wait this long to make pasta carbonara? Holy moly...

Italy ruined us. That is a regular dish for us now. Agreed with your statement, unreal what I had been missing for years. Yours looks delicious.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984

Our son used to make money on these in HS, betting he could solve it in less than 3 minutes. He became infatuated with these things, he has dozens in different sizes and geometries.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    @nolaegghead - thank you for a front-line assessment of what it is like.  Brings this home and should be enough to get everyone to be smart and follow the guidelines.
    My deepest respect for your wife and what she and her coworkers are addressing.  Stay healthy and stay safe.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    Breakfast 

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    @nolaegghead it really sucks to hear how bad the situation is getting there in NO.  This is going to touch so many people directly and personally before it settles down.  Good for your wife standing up tall to help others regardless of the situation and good for you for supporting her and those around you as I know you always do.
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    ColtsFan said:
    Breakfast 

I had the same breakfast this morning myself.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    @nolaegghead I hope the two of you can remain safe. I cannot imagine the stress and anxiety. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    SciAggie said:
    I’m pi$$ed... Why did I wait this long to make pasta carbonara? Holy moly...

Gawjus Gary........for others who make it, do so with fresh eggs (as opposed to grocery store) if at all possible. What a difference that makes.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    SGH said:
    Just a friendly reminder fellows. With the temps hovering around 90 now on a daily basis, keep your eyes peeled when out. They are on the prowl. 

hope you mashed him (or her).
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    edited March 2020
    So...an update.

SWMBO is a nurse in New Orleans.  She usually works a cardio ICU stepdown unit called "telemetry".  She got up this morning and checked her schedule on the work calendar and said "oh joy, I'm working the COVID-19 unit the next couple days".

Anyway, she calls me about half way through her shift "man, what a sh!t show".  We have to re-use our PPE gowns.  We have one N95 mask for the shift (but they are in a negative pressure unit, so you have to wear it the entire time). 

Someone comes around every once and a while and gathers up the protective gowns and puts them in a UV cabinet to "decontaminate them".  The UV is a surface sterilizer, not designed to decon gowns.

Anyway, she had 3 patients.  One on 100% O2, one on 5 liters a min, one not on any.  She's not doing vents.  They are all older, all have some issues. One came from an assisted living center.

The building engineer (hospital with around 5000 employees) is on a vent and not expected to live.  The director of nursing tested positive.

A bunch of staff is infected.  She actually feels safer working with the COVID-19 patients, since her normal unit doesn't allow for N95 masks and often those patients end up testing positive.

We had a talk, I was thinking about living over at my shop for a few weeks because first responders have a higher incidence of infection.  I have a friend's RV over there and she said I could stay in it, plus i have a couple AC areas inside, bathrooms, fridge, microwave, smoker....Could totally stay there.  Internet, yadda yada.

Decided to stay here for moral support. She is really cognizant about hygiene, as she routinely deals with infectious disease like tuberculosis.

She made masks all day for coworkers on Sunday.  I had to grab a backup sewing machine from the shop because she had some issues with her main unit.

Anyway, her hospital is rapidly making room for COVID patients.  The elective surgeries are suspended (few weeks now).  No one wants to go the the hospital for any reason unless absolutely necessary, so the census on most units are down. 

The ER is an absolute nightmare...everyone is advised to avoid unless absolutely necessary.  All the egress points are guarded by security.  No visitors allowed anywhere.  

We are dealing with some challenging times, my fellow forum friends. 

Hang in there, be calm like fuzzy cute bunnies, and don't freak out.
    Thanks for the update , Linda and I have had you guys in our thoughts , hang tough 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    SGH said:
    Just a friendly reminder fellows. With the temps hovering around 90 now on a daily basis, keep your eyes peeled when out. They are on the prowl. 

He has gone the way of the buffalo my friend  =)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• speed51133
    speed51133 Posts: 691
    She's working COVID again, today.  Then she will rotate back to her normal telemetry unit for a couple days before a rotation back to the COVID unit.  This will continue on for the indeterminate future.  At some point I predict most medical personnel will be focusing on the pandemic.

The first responders are doing a heroic job.  Please give anyone you know in this position, including police, firemen, EMS kudos.  They're paying a steep price dealing with this pandemic.
    Special thanks go out to your wife and you for supporting her. I guess not all Libs are bad ;)
    XL BGE and Kamado Joe Jr.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Thanks to all those dealing with this on a daily.  It's a true sacrifice for the greater good.  Stay safe and God bless!

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    SGH said:
    SGH said:

Hiding in order to bite you in the fundament when you least expect?
  • SGH
    Bought a new iPhone Pro Max. Not having the home button is a real pain so far. Old habits are hard to break. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    SGH said:
    SGH said:

Hiding in order to bite you in the fundament when you least expect?
    He will never bite again 🤪

Status- Standing by.

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    ColtsFan said:
    Breakfast 

Excellent choice with the coffee cup.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Little Rascal is Nola’s Carole Fking Baskin
    More like Little Rascal is Nola's Keyser Soze.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,324
    This CYA attitude on the part of hospital management in these trying times is utter bullsh!t!

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk