Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I was like:  "btw, don't use the L Tech plasma cutter if you don't want a plasma arc cutting through your hand..."
    ColtsFan said:
    Arguing with a client. They want a tech onsite tomorrow to help with some networking stuff. Wouldn't be me, but a co-worker. I asked for their essential business letter that they have prepared for our records.....They aren't considered essential, I know this..... It's a travel agency

Now they're really mad.

They can suck it :)
    Everyone likes to justify to themselves why they are essential. Pisses me off. 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited April 2020
    If any of you have ever wondered what your Yeti (or any rotomolded cooler) look like before it was a cooler. Well here it is my friends. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    SciAggie said:
    Getting creative. Spaetzle, sauerkraut, chicken, chili garlic paste, and hot sauce.
    Heated/sauted  in butter...
    Lunch for two from 1 egg, 1/2 cup flour and a few tablespoons of milk. Have lots of fermented sauerkraut...
    SWMBO gave a nod of reserved approval. 
    Now is a good time to try out new flavors and techniques, right?
    Bravo! Bravo indeed!
  • nolaegghead
    So SWMBO went to Publix for our weekly trip while I worked from home watching our daughter (thank God for Disney+ btw), they have their Maple Bourbon Hams on sale for Easter. Asked to pick one up for the 3 of us as we’re probably just doing Easter at home this year and she came home with an 10.5 lber. 

Who’s got a good leftover ham recipe I can try the week after Easter? 
  • Boileregger
    Boileregger Posts: 614
    So SWMBO went to Publix for our weekly trip while I worked from home watching our daughter (thank God for Disney+ btw), they have their Maple Bourbon Hams on sale for Easter. Asked to pick one up for the 3 of us as we’re probably just doing Easter at home this year and she came home with an 10.5 lber. 

Make my mom's ham, broccoli and rice casserole.  https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1221301/comfort-food#latest
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207

I love Yankee bean and ham soup with the leftovers from a honey baked. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432

I love Yankee bean and ham soup with the leftovers from a honey baked. 
    Potato soup is great with some diced ham, too (as are breakfast omelettes).  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    Hot ham and cheese sandwiches with barbecue sauce, mustard based by preference. Toast the bread and assemble the sandwich then nuke it about 20 seconds. I guess it could be done in a skillet ala grilled cheese.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    DuckDogDr said:
    Slept most of the day unfortunately.  Pretty exhausted after the last round of shifts. Got up and started hand planning the high spots on my table...tomorrow I plan on cutting the mortises for the leg tenons, and then flip and smooth the bottom for level fit.

Hat's off to you Sir, for hand-planing a table-top (I should do the same, my workbench has about an 1/8" dip in the center).  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• nolaegghead
    This kind of project is why I have about 60 clamps.
    This kind of project is why I have about 60 clamps.
    Sphincter clamps?

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• nolaegghead
    ps - f little RSKL 56 micrometer tool.  Just thought I'd throw that in because, as he says, I'm probably drunk right now, and really crazy and stuff.  Unstable genius.  Yadda yadda.
    @Botch
    I had plans to fabricate a router sled to make life easier.  However my spooling motor on my wire welder gave up the ghost...
    So old school I went ..its been relaxing. And it's nice to have the shavings vs the dust; as I'll use the shavings for nest material in my wood duck boxes
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    RSKL 56 micrometer tool.  
    Years ago we used them to gauge Rectum thickness. 

Status- Standing by.

• littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    ps - f little RSKL 56 micrometer tool.  Just thought I'd throw that in because, as he says, I'm probably drunk right now
    Assumed alcohol infused rants were the cause, but the history on your black RAM shows “confiscated in drug raid”, and sold at auction.  Just sayin....

• nolaegghead
    ps - f little RSKL 56 micrometer tool.  Just thought I'd throw that in because, as he says, I'm probably drunk right now
    Assumed alcohol infused rants were the cause, but the history on your black RAM shows “confiscated in drug raid”, and sold at auction.  Just sayin....

Well, it's a 2 wheel drive 6 cylinder, so I think you are a pretty lousy PI.  Got the year right at least.  And the country.  Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then.
    Also, if you want to start a war with a seasoned hacker, you probably don't know what you're in for.  Just giving you fair warning.  If I were you, I would not want to go there.  Just a fair warning, but do what you will.

Hi Carey How do you like that chutney? It's South African and pretty much a staple in our house.. Great with curry.
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Preparing for bacon, eggs, and pancakes on the blackstone 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Just replaced a water intake valve on a 10+ year old refrigerator....

Covid just saves me about $220 by doing it myself.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    thetrim said:

Yeah but your adult beverage consumption increase will eat that up in no time =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    lousubcap said:
    thetrim said:

Yeah but your adult beverage consumption increase will eat that up in no time =)
    It's been straight genocide here on the beer fridge, my friend.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95