Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Saw this the other day at my butcher and snapped a pic of it. Couldn’t find it on Naked Whiz after a very brief search. I was back at the store again and asked them about it. They started off touting that it was South American lump, blah blah blah. I cut the guy off pretty quickly telling him that I wasn’t interested in contributing to the rampant deforestation in South America. Notice the Georgia State logo on the bag. That’s some low rent deceptive marketing. Buyer beware. 

Where you find that? Ferguson’s?
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,166
    Lit said:
    Saw this the other day at my butcher and snapped a pic of it. Couldn’t find it on Naked Whiz after a very brief search. I was back at the store again and asked them about it. They started off touting that it was South American lump, blah blah blah. I cut the guy off pretty quickly telling him that I wasn’t interested in contributing to the rampant deforestation in South America. Notice the Georgia State logo on the bag. That’s some low rent deceptive marketing. Buyer beware. 

Where you find that? Ferguson’s?
    Wilkes out in Matt. I rarely go to Ferguson’s these days. 
  • Wondering if @WesJohnson stole that dog like he stole Ron’s gasket. What the hell are you doing in Dallas Wes??? 

Wes has gotta stay on the move, being a wanted man and all!
  • At the airport.  Headed up to NYC for a couple of days.  Giving a talk at Columbia tomorrow.
    Get some pizza! 

Haha.  I won’t have a chance to go anywhere cool for dinner, unfortunately, but I wouldn’t be caught dead in an SBARRO.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Hope that dog didn't blow a gasket.
    Botch said:
    thetrim said:
    @botch is your buddy a Mormon?
    "buddies'" is plural too.   ;)
    Could be two buddies,  one with more than one wife...
    G*ddammit, I'm retired now!  Quit throwing math at me!!!  :tongue:  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    DMW said:
    thetrim said:
    Sorry to hear about the job situation @DMW.  At least you can always call Taylor.  Good luck, and I am sure a guy like you will land on your feet running full steam for the finish line!
    I made a few calls today, need to upload my resume tomorrow and I'll have an interview on Friday. It's a panel format and I know everyone on the panel. I can't say much more of what happened for now.
    Someone flagged this?
    Whatever, I have an interview tomorrow. Good night folks, be nice.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314

How's that Louisiana Fish Fry breading? Zatarain's quit making their "Southern Chicken Fry" which was my favorite. Been looking for an alternative. Never could make a homemade breading that worked and tasted as well as the commercial stuff...
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Just finished getting our automation environment back up and running. We were down since shortly after 6:00 pm EST. That sucked considering I was at work at my normal time of 6:00. So a 17 hr day for me. That is really uncommon. 
    Worst part is we do not know the root cause - yet.
    Some people are going to be really, really, really busy tomorrow as I sip my tea and say “your turn...”
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,607
    Ooo nolaegghead said:

Scottie’s favorite?
  • littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    edited February 2020
    Sea2Ski said:
    Just finished getting our automation environment back up and running. We were down since shortly after 6:00 pm EST. That sucked considering I was at work at my normal time of 6:00. So a 17 hr day for me. That is really uncommon. 
    Worst part is we do not know the root cause - yet.
    Some people are going to be really, really, really busy tomorrow as I sip my tea and say “your turn...”
    Feeling your pain, as our IT guys were my best friends. I was on call for 41 years managing an electric grid spanning half the state of Kansas.  Dispatch called with outages almost nightly.  Retired in 2019, and get a full nights sleep every night. No more high blood pressure meds. Zero stress.  

Just have to deal with all the trash Nola posts on my wall.  Even that is petty, compared to operating an electric utility, and negotiating with Unions. I’m pretty “thick skinned” at this point.

Cajuns are simple minded, but I love all those pics of  “roundtops” full of motorcycles and stuff.  His toys are “top notch” for sure!  Reminds me a lot of my old shop full of bikes and classic cars. 

• I’d say he spruced you’re wall up
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    edited February 2020
    I’d say he spruced you’re wall up
    That’s not a “Christian” thing to say! What have I done to you to deserve that comment? Very judgemental to say the least.

Nola and I are very similar in makeup and both very educated, but have different political views.  Which is not a bad thing.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    SonVolt said:

How's that Louisiana Fish Fry breading? Zatarain's quit making their "Southern Chicken Fry" which was my favorite. Been looking for an alternative. Never could make a homemade breading that worked and tasted as well as the commercial stuff...
    It's a winner, has some of the bay leaf, clove and hints of a low country boil in it.  Plus all the salt, pepper and heat you need.  

I might have some of the Zatarain's chicken fry you speak of.  I'll look.  

I've never been fully satisfied with my fried chicken.   Still trying to dial it in.  NOLA is a fried chicken mecca and it's so easy and cheap to buy it, I'm not too motivated other than to make a personal benchmark on replicating the local breading.
    Legume said:
    Ooo nolaegghead said:

Scottie’s favorite?
    If pig anus looks like fresh whole squid from Hong Kong market, complete with tentacles and guts, then yes.
    HeavyG said:

Just taking a wild guess here.
    A few years ago Kamado Joe started importing their charcoal in bulk from their source in South America (Argentina) and they do their own bagging at their facility in Georgia. It might be that KJ is also doing some private labeling and the Georgia logo is just meant to convey "Meat Head" is a Georgia company.
    What's printed on the backside of the bag?

Don’t know. They lost me at South American...
    Racist.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
      My coping mechanism is to retreat and internalize.  
    You and me both brother.  One of the worst parts about this life is losing those close to us.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,416
    Anyone have any helpful, yet legal ways to piss off my neighbors whilst the film crew is there? I’m thinking Baby Shark on a repeat loop
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Got a drone?
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • ColbyLang
    Got a drone?
    No
  • JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    Watching tornado warnings move across Maryland. @nolaegghead - sincere sympathies, friend.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • @ColbyLang mow your lawn.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• I’d say he spruced you’re wall up
    That’s not a “Christian” thing to say! What have I done to you to deserve that comment? Very judgemental to say the least.

Nola and I are very similar in makeup and both very educated, but have different political views.  Which is not a bad thing.

Not sure how I offended you but I have to admit I do like you more when you’ve been drinking!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• ColbyLang
    @ColbyLang mow your lawn.
    Been there done that. They have no filming permit on record. My lawyer going file a TRO this morning. I hate that it has come to this but some people just don’t get it
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    ColbyLang said:
    Anyone have any helpful, yet legal ways to piss off my neighbors whilst the film crew is there? I’m thinking Baby Shark on a repeat loop
    Have a smokey bonfire?
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL