Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Home office working with the booms of thunder rolling in the background. Could use a life vest. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow

• El Dorado Seaside by chance?
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544

El Dorado Seaside by chance?
    Exactamundo. Some friends have some sorta preferred membership. We are hitch hiking along with them this week. 
  • bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,088
    Home office working with the booms of thunder rolling in the background. Could use a life vest. 
    I have heard that a Yeti 35 makes a great personal flotation device as well as a great cooler.
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• El Dorado Seaside by chance?
    Exactamundo. Some friends have some sorta preferred membership. We are hitch hiking along with them this week. 
    They must be exotic members.  We spent this past Christmas at El Dorado Maroma then moved over to Generations when the grand daughter joined us.  You should check out El Dorado Maroma sometime.  Its half the size of Seaside and the beach it 10 times better.  Plus isn't as far away from the airport.  My buddy got married there at Seaside.  They said I had a good time.  
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    bubbajack said:
    I have heard that a Yeti 35 makes a great personal flotation device as well as a great cooler.
    I would at least be the cool kid (kidding of course) floating away. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • pgprescott

El Dorado Seaside by chance?
    They must be exotic members.  We spent this past Christmas at El Dorado Maroma then moved over to Generations when the grand daughter joined us.  You should check out El Dorado Maroma sometime.  Its half the size of Seaside and the beach it 10 times better.  Plus isn't as far away from the airport.  My buddy got married there at Seaside.  They said I had a good time.  
    Our host couple mentioned they want to check out Maroma one of these times. I think they get reciprocal treatment. I’m good at doing nothing and this appears to be a good place for that.  How’s the food at maroma?  
  • Food is fantastic.  We usually stay there 2-3 times a year. Perks of wife owning a travel agency. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    WeberWho said:
    Andy Reid was so bored by the 4th quater he was looking over what he was going to get at the Waffle House.

Thats funny, we were watching the game and linda actually thought they were looking @ menus
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    My Astros...ouch.
    Las Vegas, NV

• pgprescott
    Food is fantastic.  We usually stay there 2-3 times a year. Perks of wife owning a travel agency. 
    Our only other experience here was at Secrets Akumal. That place was first class. I’m enjoying ElDorado as well. This is just slightly different atmosphere. Not bad or good, just different. A little more laid back I’d say. I assume Maroma has ample ala carte dining options? Thanks for the info. 
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Hook_emHornsfan_74 Posts: 1,340
    edited January 2020
    They do, Italian, Mexico, Japanese, Caribbean, and Peruvian.  Also, they have over the water bungalows that has its own restaurant that you can eat at for an additional fee.  Plus a spot that you can do breakfast and lunch.  Maroma has the maroma adventures marina next to it that has everything you could want to do.  Plus side is its a 5 min walk instead of having to get a shuttle.  See if yall can get a day pass and check it out.  We took the adult kids the last time we were there this past December.  They love the place.  The staff make it amazing as well as the hotel/beach itself. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • pgprescott
    They do, Italian, Mexico, Japanese, Caribbean, and Peruvian.  Also, they have over the water bungalows that has its own restaurant that you can eat at for an additional fee.  Plus a spot that you can do breakfast and lunch.  Maroma has the maroma adventures marina next to it that has everything you could want to do.  Plus side is its a 5 min walk instead of having to get a shuttle.  See if yall can get a day pass and check it out.  We took the adult kids the last time we were there this past December.  They love the place.  The staff make it amazing as well as the hotel/beach itself. 
    Sounds like our next destination. Not sure when. Either this November or the following May it sounds like. I just go with the flow. Thank you for the expert insight. I’m a bit jealous of the travel agency deal you’ve got going there. Cheers to ya!
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    My Astros...ouch.
    Kraft and Belicheck will pick up those guys... 
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    My Astros...ouch.
    Kraft and Belicheck will pick up those guys... 
    Do the Patriots keep a bunch of trash cans on the sideline?
    Las Vegas, NV

• Red Sox might be next
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    Just put a pot pie in the oven. I lost the recipe so it’s being winged. Chuck roast , carrots, peas, some potato, beef and mushroom broth, a little butter. I had egged the roast beef to medium. The crust was a single ready made pie crust. The boxer dog is currently finishing the leftover beef. Had to bribe him because it is to wet wet to go for a walk.
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Sounds like our next destination. Not sure when. Either this November or the following May it sounds like. I just go with the flow. Thank you for the expert insight. I’m a bit jealous of the travel agency deal you’ve got going there. Cheers to ya!
    Plus one for Maroma, very relaxed resort.  Our anniversary in room breakfast was very good.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901

Got a new Dutch oven looking forward to trying it out 

“There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Got a whole sirloin roast to dry age it. Should I do it whole then break it down? 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Got a whole sirloin roast to dry age it. Should I do it whole then break it down? 
    Yes
  • bucky925 said:
    Plus one for Maroma, very relaxed resort.  Our anniversary in room breakfast was very good.

Next time try the swim up rooms. Wonderfully convenient. Ask for room 301. You can access it from your porch 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629

Also spatched a chicken to make @DoubleEgger taco dip 

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Lamb chops and Lebanese braised green beans:

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Yes
    Whole it is then. I'll post some pictures up when it's done, probably going to let it ride until March 1st 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602

Good for you Pete.  Good you’re getting some time off.