Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    Just came in from skiing about an hour ago.  Did an unofficial version of the “talons challenge”  here at Beaver Creek (we know the runs, but we’re not officially tracked by computers and gps) it is 14 black diamond and double black diamond runs totaling 26,226 vertical feet. Legs are jello, back is sore and my neck is stiff. 
    Hoping I will be able to move tomorrow. 

Accomplishing this has been a goal for a few years, but never had anyone that was willing to do it with me in our group.  My cousin who is a sophomore in college said he would try it this year with me and we did it first try. I think I am more proud that he did it than I did.  I started teaching him how to ski when he was 8 and last year he did his first double black diamond. 
    A pretty fantastic day for me all around and I feel awesome.  Sore as hell and exhausted, but still awesome. 
    That’s how I felt making sausage. You are Killin brother. 
    #respect

I know that those trails. One and done for me. Took me two days to get on the board again, and not hitting it anywhere close to what you have likely done.

But that pain feels great at the end of the trip. A physical reminder of an accomplishment many will ever know.

Keep crushing it my friend.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    Just came in from skiing about an hour ago.  Did an unofficial version of the “talons challenge”  here at Beaver Creek (we know the runs, but we’re not officially tracked by computers and gps) it is 14 black diamond and double black diamond runs totaling 26,226 vertical feet. Legs are jello, back is sore and my neck is stiff. 

Accomplishing this has been a goal for a few years, but never had anyone that was willing to do it with me in our group.  My cousin who is a sophomore in college said he would try it this year with me and we did it first try. I think I am more proud that he did it than I did.  I started teaching him how to ski when he was 8 and last year he did his first double black diamond. 
    A pretty fantastic day for me all around and I feel awesome.  Sore as hell and exhausted, but still awesome. 
    Even when I was younger I couldn't/didn't take the Double-D's, congrats!  Hope you're having fun.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,345
    Options
    Game Day 

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Sooo, Subaru gave this one the Green Light:

:lol:  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    Botch said:
    Sea2Ski said:

Even when I was younger I couldn't/didn't take the Double-D's, congrats!  Hope you're having fun.  
    I thoroughly enjoyed DDs in my younger days...  ;)
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Botch said:
    Sooo, Subaru gave this one the Green Light:

:lol:  
    Haha.  Someone working in promotions has no more F-U-C-K-S to give, and is likely now out of a J-O-B.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    edited January 2020
    Options
    I wish I could say this was lump....

My plan for the Vikes game was nachos, wings, ribs, and cornbread. I figured I'd get a jump on the smoked chicken for the nachos last night. So I throw some chicken on the egg and go back inside the house to prep the ribs. I open up the ribs and get a nasty smell of eggs. So I scrub the ribs down. After about 2 minutes I give a sniff test. Still a faint smell to them. I wasn't very happy at this point. If it was just me I'd probably rock them and not be too concerned. Since I'm having a couple friends over I tossed them. Nothing like a midnight grocery run. 

On the way out of the house to the grocery store I see a plate on the BGE side shelf with a cooked chicken breast on it. It was a chicken breast that finished up early. At this point I completely forget about the other 3 breasts in the egg. (My wife made chicken breasts on the BGE a few hours earlier for a pasta dish so I don't know if I subliminally thought I brought the other chicken breasts in when I grabbed hers earlier that evening) So I bring the one chicken breast in and put it in the fridge. After getting home from the grocery store I shut down the egg and don't think much of it. 

I wake up this morning and go to roll in the egg from the driveway to the garage. I open the dome to store an additional grid and see this.....

Dang it! Pulled a Mickey. My wife has extra chicken from her pasta dish. So we're still good in hindsight. Baby backs have now turned into country ribs. Which I'm excited for. Something a little different than I was originally planning. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    @WeberWho - next time the stick burner.  At least if you forget to feed the fire it will die a premature death and save the protein.   B)  Late nights can get very overcast for any of several reasons!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @WeberWho - next time the stick burner.  At least if you forget to feed the fire it will die a premature death and save the protein.   B)  Late nights can get very overcast for any of several reasons!
    @lousubcap

You're absolutely right! Just fired up the old girl.

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina I was drinking Aviator out of a hanger at Triple W Airport years ago. Nice guy, good beer. I really liked his Belgium Tripel
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    I just saw they serve “bourbon” ice cream at Rupp Arena.  Sounds solid.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Removing water pump
    Options
    And thermostat 
    Options
    Mowed strip of grass

Lo Mein
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• TigerTony
    TigerTony Posts: 1,078
    edited January 2020
    Options

Lo Mein
    Thanks! I was just trying to figure out what to eat tonight.
    I'll be calling China Rose for some Lo Mein. "it be ready in ten min-its"
    "I'm stupidest when I try to be funny" 
    New Orleans

• SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Watching paint dry.

Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Took the two year old with me to run errands this morning before the rest of the house was up, made it to Sams and the grocery store and home before 8. Breakfast for the family - eggs, breakfast taters, smoked sausage, and toast.  Masked and painted a bunch of trim and baseboard, this is the least favorite of all painting activities for me.  Then made my version of shrimp pasta with the help of my sous chefs.  Productive Saturday and ready to put the kids to bed.

I feel……useless 
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Congrats to another Steelers great making it to the HOF. Well deserved Coach Cowher.
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Me watching the Ravens game 

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Abc
    Options
    Decided to leave the truck here and take out a bike to go home. Have not really ridden since the knee accident.   It was fun.  Stopped at the neighborhood bar on the way back.