Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    YukonRon said:

What the H*ll, I missed those!
    I had to buy a damn $49.95 long-sleeved hoodie, that's already falling apart.  
    :angry:

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    johnnyp said:
    Those look killer.  Do you have a link or some kind of rundown of your tamale technique?
    This is a pretty good link to get started. Within the post there are more links for fillings and sauces. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,849

Five sleeps til Christmas,  four sleeps until its time to buy SWMBO’s gifts.  Them’s the rules, lads.

We pile head-long in to the Christmas schedule, devoid of Liverpool who are in in the Club World Cup Final.  I have no idea what that is.

Tonight in the Championship; Stoke v Middlesborough - a win for the Potters takes them out fo the relegation zone.  Possibly a tough ask, but let’s be optimistic 0-1 and Eoin’s Christmas is full of cheer. 

Saturday;

Lunchtime - Everton v Arsenal,  both with new managers (more or less) in post.   Both have been poor to patchy.  If the hosts have big Dunc still in temporary charge then they will win - because he’s scary.  2-0

Proper kick off’s;

Villa v Southampton - looking grim for Saints.  Villa need a win or will drop in to the relegation battle themselves.  2-1 home win,  Ralf next for the chop?

Bournemouth v Burnley - again two patchy teams face-up.  Could go either way but home turf should give the Cherries the edge. 1-0.

Brighton v Sheff Utd - disappointingly successful Brighton welcome the surprise high-flyers.  I would be thrilled to see the latter storming to a 12-0 victory.  But it will be a goal either way.  0-1 away win would be perfect form FF team so that’s what I’m saying.

Newcastle v Palace - gloomy outlook here.  Toon have been strong at home, Palace have injury problems - but Roy has the experience.  0-0 I reckon. 

Norwich v Wolves - hard to see beyond an away win and Norwich sucked deeper in to the mire. 1-2 for Wolves.

Teatime; the big one - the 3rd place play-off. Man City v Leicester.  Goals, goals, goals.  I think the Foxes want it more - 2-3 away win.   

Sunday lunchtime;

Watford v Man Utd.  Come on Ole, smash a hatful past the hateful Watford.  Got to be 0-3 away win.

Teatime :  London derby, Spurs v Chelsea - used to be an easy away win but I think that Franks bubble is burst and Jose will want his new friends to hump Chelsea.  3-1

That’s your lot.  I need to return to denial about Christmas for a few days now - and then panic buy some over-priced perfume on 24th. 

Merry Christmas soccer-istas.

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    made over the top goose chili last night for the first time this season 🤤

Chilli looks great, but that doesn't look like a goose.
  • SmokeyLopey
    SmokeyLopey Posts: 435
    edited December 2019
    It's a goose ball. Makes it hard for them to walk, though. 
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    Installing hardware at a client site. Feeling festive as a mofo 

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    😂 each ball weighs 3lbs... guess that’s why it takes them a while to get up to flight speed.
    LBGE
    AL
  • TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    edited December 2019
    Eoin said:
    made over the top goose chili last night for the first time this season 🤤

Chilli looks great, but that doesn't look like a goose.
    Touché. Not entirely goose but it could have been, it was part goose meatball. I did equal parts beef, sausage, and ground goose breast. The goose needed some fatty meat to go with it during the cook. I may just use some ground goose next time and wrap with bacon.
    LBGE
    AL
  • Just washed the wifes car. And did a rinseless wash on mine. 

Hers needs some serious detailing. Ugh 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    How the hell do they fly with those big things?

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Also, photo of said goose:

Nice!  You look like your dressed for 20 degree weather but I'm gonna guess it was only in the 50s?lol. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,166
    Looking at another outdoor toy... a santa maria or argentine grill.  I know I totally don't need but I have a space where one would look good.  And it's another way to play with fire.  I'm not even fueling for LEO right now either.  B)  Anyone have one and if so comments??
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    How the hell do they fly with those big things?

I thought only the ganders had them.
    lousubcap said:
    Looking at another outdoor toy... a santa maria or argentine grill.  I know I totally don't need but I have a space where one would look good.  And it's another way to play with fire.  I'm not even fueling for LEO right now either.  B)  Anyone have one and if so comments??
    @lousubcap have a look at this programme, all about Argentina. At 41:20 there is the best looking Argentinian grill with a centre basket to burn the wood and a grill each side that you can rake the coals under.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q2Zz_mNXnOg
  • lkapigian said:
    Another Chipotle Round ..Metric S load of Fresnos , Half Metric. S Load Habanero ...150 Degrees a couple days with Hickory and Pecan 

I usually cut the stems off before I smoke them and dry them, what's your method of dealing with them? 

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,706
    edited December 2019
    lkapigian said:
    Another Chipotle Round ..Metric S load of Fresnos , Half Metric. S Load Habanero ...150 Degrees a couple days with Hickory and Pecan 

I usually cut the stems off before I smoke them and dry them, what's your method of dealing with them? 
    If I'm doing a small batch I do as you do, this much not worth my time ( lazy) .they wind up like what you see in the Grocery Store ( but better) I de stem and Seed them as I use them either in an Adobo or grind to a powder. Rather than in the beginning...i wash, put them in the smoker to dry then hit with smoke

In Mexico the go from the fields straight to the smoke pits

Stems come right off easy when dry

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    Had our annual shop Holiday Safety briefing/Resiliency Training(this year's buzzword)/holiday luncheon today at Slackwater's; smoked butt nachos, individual pizzas, and some fahncy beers.  
    "Robert" took the Paqui Chip Challenge after the meal, he's a Marine vet and hikes through the mountains on weekends all winter long.  His eyes and nose started flowin', and his eyes got very red, and lost his ability to speak.  He almost grabbed for the glass of milk in front of him at the 90-second mark, but restrained himself, and made it to the five-minute ending before drinking the milk, and at least 3 glasses of water (a beer would've helped, but he's mormon).  Three engineers video'd the whole thing, after which two of them discovered they just took a single still photo.  (d'Oh!)  :rofl:
    I think I will pass on that challenge, the other guys want to make it a yearly tradition.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,706
    Botch said:
    Had our annual shop Holiday Safety briefing/Resiliency Training(this year's buzzword)/holiday luncheon today at Slackwater's; smoked butt nachos, individual pizzas, and some fahncy beers.  
    "Robert" took the Paqui Chip Challenge after the meal, he's a Marine vet and hikes through the mountains on weekends all winter long.  His eyes and nose started flowin', and his eyes got very red, and lost his ability to speak.  He almost grabbed for the glass of milk in front of him at the 90-second mark, but restrained himself, and made it to the five-minute ending before drinking the milk, and at least 3 glasses of water (a beer would've helped, but he's mormon).  Three engineers video'd the whole thing, after which two of them discovered they just took a single still photo.  (d'Oh!)  :rofl:
    I think I will pass on that challenge, the other guys want to make it a yearly tradition.  
    Awesome! I did Death Nut 1 , to easy Death Nut 2.0 was rough 

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • ColtsFan said:

You look like your big enough to wrastle a grizzly bear. 

I think I could take ya. Funny Christmas tree ears and all
    Fighting off the trolls 1 by 1
    Large Egg

Pig, KY 
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    HogFather said:
    ColtsFan said:

Shut up, Pig Boy.
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Well today I finished Christmas shopping, I guess I could procrastinate on the wrapping process. I also received my first Barbecue Box shipment. Already ate the jerky. The rub and Cleveland style sauce will be perfect for the pork loin request that I got for Christmas Eve. There was also a metal box with holes that I guess I am supposed to stuff the pecan chips into.
    Had breakfast with my former coworkers. One of them volunteered his pickup truck for when I buy the new large Egg in 2020.
  • I've done the one chip challenge, it was hot but not unbearable. I think something is wrong with me 

• HogFather said:
    ColtsFan said:

Let’s just be thankful he’s not on the john for this photo.