Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,319
    @lkapigian better to be lucky than good any day.  Can't think of a better home for that grill.  You will do it justice.  Merry Christmas!
    So, once again I will ask if any besides @lkapigian have any insights regarding a Santa Maria grill.  Great insights from him and absent some serious issues I will go down that acquisition road in the next few months.  I totally don't need but "another chance to play with live fire".  Niche uses for sure but instead of tossing sticks on the burner I can turn the wheel for the height... oh, and also toss sticks.   =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Buffalo Trace and Barbie Dream House. 

What could go wrong?

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,463
    edited December 2019
    "The Flying Albino Alligators" beats out "Ice Breast" as AGNFARB.  
    And a Rudolph nose on the front gator would've had be spitting out my drink!  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    YukonRon said:
    Met Newt Gingrich today at the American embassy's compound in Rome. Actually we said "hello" as he was on his way to meet his wife, the US ambassador for the Vatican. He knodded, only after we identified ourselves as Americans.
    I've been fortunate enough to speak with Newt a couple of times.  Super nice guy and amazingly intelligent.

Isn't that the guy that dumped the first of his three wives and brought her divorce papers to sign while she was in the hospital recovering from cancer surgery?

I can't speak to the mans moral character.  I can only speak to my personal interactions with him.  He was very nice.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Buffalo Trace and Barbie Dream House. 

Do you only play with the Dream House when under the influence?
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Buffalo Trace and Barbie Dream House. 

Do you only play with the Dream House when under the influence?
    Is there any other way?
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    @lousubcap I don’t have a SM grill but you have seen the hearth I have in my outdoor kitchen. I use a Tuscan grill over coals frequently. I enjoy the many opportunities to cook over coals on my hearth. If I were to ever build another outdoor kitchen I would build another larger hearth and install a grate I could raise and lower - basically a SM grill. 
    I would encourage you to make the leap and get one. I think you would enjoy it. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,859

Its 6 o’clock on Christmas Eve - I need to get this done quick otherwise SWMBO is not getting a gift this year.

Hectic schedule - where we go;

Boxing Day;

Lunchtime : Spurs v Brighton : this is the return match from Spurs’ nadir under Poch’, when they got beat 3 zip by the filthy Seagulls.  Jose will be stung by the defat to Chelsea last time out - expect a fully fired up Spurs this time.  2-0

3 pm

Villa v Norwich : both need the points, Villa will think they have them - then concede to a late Puki equaliser. 1-1

Bournemouth v Arsenal  :  Cherries all day long 1-0.  Arsenal are more out of sorts than something that has never even been sorted. 

Chelsea v Southampton : Super Frank is Super Frank again after beating Spurs.   Ings has found form for the Saints, but not enough.  3-1 Chels’

Palace v West Ham  : Can Palace do the double over the Hammers after beating them at their place?  Not a chance.  0-0 written all over it. 

Everton v Burnley : likely another snooze-fest here.  Ancelotti has arrived but too soon to unlock the Toffee’s.  Dyche will want a post and will grind it out.  0-0

Sheff Utd v Watford  :  Ole let me down last week by gifting the thugs of Watford three points.  The Blades will most defiantly not make the same mistakes.  2-0  home win. 

Man Utd v Newcastle : The Toon have become reliable and resolute.  Utd remain topsy-turkey.  I reckon they will just about do this with a 2-1 win. 

Stoke have slipped back to bottom in the table and face 3rd place Sheff Wed, just week after flirting with escaping the relegation zone. Half way through the season now and they need to to start seeking out points. A draw would be acceptable, a win fantastic. Let's go 1-1.  

Tea time

Leicester v Liverpool : fun times!  There will be goals.  The foxes got schooled by City last week and so it seems a valiant 3rd is most likely for them now but a win here might spark a flicker of excitement in to the title race.  A snazzy 2-2 seems appealing, but I reckon the Reds will squeeze it out for a 1-0 and on goes the roll.

Friday 27th 

Wolves v Man City : As exciting as they are, the Wolves just won’t have enough to bag the 3 points in this one.  City saw off the flying foxes with ease and I think will cruise to second place from here on.  They will concede - but at least 2-1 to City. 

Right - is SWMBO getting a new socket set or washing up gloves this year?  Decisions decisions.....

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,168
    SRF bags make good Holiday totes

• Having a cold one on a balmy Christmas Eve. Naturally, I thought of @CigarCityEgger

• Having a cold one on a balmy Christmas Eve. Naturally, I thought of @CigarCityEgger

Are you saying @CigarCityEgger is a cracker? 😉

Are you saying @CigarCityEgger is a cracker? 😉
    Actually thought we in Georgia were crackers.
  • Botch
    The DOD got today (xmas eve) off, so I cooked my xmas dinner today with leftovers tomorrow.  Ham w/maple smoke, chipotle sweet potatoes, and curried roasted carrots.  I screwed up, completely brainfarted putting the platesetter in, and direct-grilled the ham and carrots, nice & toasty-black on the bottom, but still good.  
    I wanted to repost that curried carrot recipe, couldn't find it.  Whoever posted that here, Thank You, those were delicious and a definite keeper!  

And a question: I thought yams were orange, like sweet potatoes, but are they more white?  When I peeled them they looked just like white potatoes, but were nonetheless very good.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Botch said:
    The DOD got today (xmas eve) off, so I cooked my xmas dinner today with leftovers tomorrow.  Ham w/maple smoke, chipotle sweet potatoes, and curried roasted carrots.  I screwed up, completely brainfarted putting the platesetter in, and direct-grilled the ham and carrots, nice & toasty-black on the bottom, but still good.  
    I wanted to repost that curried carrot recipe, couldn't find it.  Whoever posted that here, Thank You, those were delicious and a definite keeper!  

And a question: I thought yams were orange, like sweet potatoes, but are they more white?  When I peeled them they looked just like white potatoes, but were nonetheless very good.  
    They can be orange, purple or off-white.  just like carrots.

edited December 2019

17.5 lb turkey cut in half, with mayonaisse slather, salt and pepper. This cooked very fast. Resting now. Will be sliced and refrigerated, then reheated tomorrow for late lunch at niece's house.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • Botch said:

My other major forum is a gardening forum . The problem lies with people calling sweet potatoes yams, the two aren’t even biologically related. True yams are not sweet, are more starchy and can be larger. Sweet potatoes on the other hand are always sweet though the amount of sweetness can vary a lot. For colors on the inside of peel you have : white, purple, yellow, purple streaked yellow, light orange, and dark orange. Three years ago I planted two different yellow types, 1 white type, and 1 purple type. The next year it was just one orange type called Jewel. I highly recommend Jewel.
  • Botch
    Thank you, Santa!  

https://www.thefarside.com/

Mr. Larson is out of retirement, and apparently taking the Internet funding model, like Berke Breathed is, bringing back Bloom County.  

Now, if we can just get Watterson back (Calvin & Hobbes)....

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,344
    Eoin said:
    Done the prep for tomorrow. Eggs cleaned out and filled with lump ready. I prefer to limit the amount of chopping that needs doing on Christmas day as it gets in the way of my day drinking.

" I prefer to limit the amount of chopping that needs doing on Christmas day as it gets in the way of my day drinking."

Good idea! Probably also lessens the number of plasters/bandaids needed.
    Hope you and yours have a pleasant Christmas.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Botch
    Quick Question:  I saw a similar video to this on the news tonight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIZc95dpEI

There are a bunch of international flags hung from a line in the background.  Why is it sagging in the middle?  

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,354
    Botch said:

There are a bunch of international flags hung from a line in the background.  Why is it sagging in the middle?  
    Because it's on a soundstage...duh.
    Las Vegas, NV

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Botch said:

Well, considering they are upside down and they just flipped the image, why is it sagging the wrong way!???
    Botch said:

Well, considering they are upside down and they just flipped the image, why is it sagging the wrong way!???
    Well, that's easy; the HVAC returns are in the ceiling floor.  

• Listening to kids shrieking while they unwrap presents.

Yessir. Nice refreshing beer you have right there, cheers and Merry Christmas!