Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Eoin said:
    It's a brave new world we're living in gentleman! 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options
    Acn said:
    Book a spot in the OBX for spring break next year.
    Heard there's availability at a little place near Miami next June... B)
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,343
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina I would throw the "Bull $hit" flag but I gave mine away.  Great outcome right there. Congrats.
    You have been running submerged and undetected since a recent meeting with big toy players. I guess that comes with the territory.  B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,761
    Options

Linda spotted CNN
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Combating a serious case of the Mondays

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • lkapigian
    Options
    Only 1000 miles to go..just crossing into TJ

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • thetrim
    Options
    lkapigian said:

It's been nice knowing you!  Godspeed!
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Have a great safe trip @lkapigian
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options
    lkapigian said:

And without your cash stash as well. 
  • thetrim
    Options
    No donkey show for you...
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • lkapigian
    Options
    lkapigian said:

And without your cash stash as well. 
    The guy im traveling with has plenty so I'll pay when I get back.. I had 1.2k in my wallet so will get me a couple days 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • NorthPilot06
    NorthPilot06 Posts: 1,179
    Options
    Everyone OK in DFW?  I’m in Coppell and we only got hail. Many people less fortunate than us today. 
    DFW - 1 LGBE & Happy to Adopt More...
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    Everyone OK in DFW?  I’m in Coppell and we only got hail. Many people less fortunate than us today. 
    I’m in Rockwall. The tornado passed north of us up by Wylie.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options

The Irony!   :o

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @JohnInCarolina I would throw the "Bull $hit" flag but I gave mine away.  Great outcome right there. Congrats.
    You have been running submerged and undetected since a recent meeting with big toy players. I guess that comes with the territory.  B)
    Thanks Frank.  This was a test-run for a dinner we're hosting for some friends of ours who got married recently.  

It probably looks better than it turned out.  It was very good but I think I actually prefer the beef tenderloin.  This was made using a prime rib roast from Costco.  For the special event, I have a roast I ordered from SRF, which should up the game considerably.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Thanks Frank.  This was a test-run for a dinner we're hosting for some friends of ours who got married recently.  

It probably looks better than it turned out.  It was very good but I think I actually prefer the beef tenderloin.  This was made using a prime rib roast from Costco.  For the special event, I have a roast I ordered from SRF, which should up the game considerably.  
    Really hard to beat APL Tenderloin recipe.  It's been my go-to for dinner parties since I ran across it.  Roast sure looks tasty though.....good work!!

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    lousubcap said:

Really hard to beat APL Tenderloin recipe.  It's been my go-to for dinner parties since I ran across it.  Roast sure looks tasty though.....good work!!
    I agree.  First of all, BT is always so tender.  As long as you cook it to the proper temp it's going to be pretty damn good.  Then the flavor profile he adds really puts it over the top.  I've never made that and not have it devoured, with people going back for seconds and thirds until it was gone.  That's really what you want for a dinner party.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Eggpharmer
    Options
    Small grease fire...

Austin, TX
  • thetrim
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    pic from current campsite
    That does NOT suck.  Slightly nicer than Dan Nichols Park
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    edited October 2019
    Options
    thetrim said:
    I have to say, I'm a bit disappointed this didn't get more "Likes"
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    lousubcap said:

I agree.  First of all, BT is always so tender.  As long as you cook it to the proper temp it's going to be pretty damn good.  Then the flavor profile he adds really puts it over the top.  I've never made that and not have it devoured, with people going back for seconds and thirds until it was gone.  That's really what you want for a dinner party.
    325⁰F.....used the GP.....check either end for desired temp. I like the ends at 150⁰F, the center section will be 135⁰F - 140⁰F, gives you plenty of meat at all temps of doneness.

Took off the egg and wrapped it in foil. Let sit for 10 to 15 mins keep it wrapped in the foil as not to spill the au jus. Save the au jus for serving.....anything left over make ice cubes for your next bloody.

Made one tonight, 6# about an hour and 20 mins.

Nice external crust, mahogany color (smoked with pecan and white oak).

Best I have ever had in a long time, since my last.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options
    Pats look like they're playing a HS team.
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • thetrim
    Options
    Good, no GREAT, to see you check in again, @Killit_and_Grillit I bet that was a dinner you won't soon forget, which is interesting, because you might not remember any of it.
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95