Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,485
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Two Days of Horror.
    Don't know how many of you get infested with Box Elder Bugs this time of year; I have a bumper crop this time.  I walk out my south-facing door at OMG:30 to grab my newspaper before going to work, and a scoopful of these damn bugs drop on my head/down my neck.  Argh!!  And I need to close up the convertible before pulling into the driveway, lest I'm filled up with the damn things.  

Finally, a cat video.  You need to turn the sound up, and you need to watch her pupils as she watches a horror movie.  Hilarious!  

https://www.facebook.com/Aaaarrric/videos/1946567188700954/

:lol::lol::lol: 

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• Ike
    Ike Posts: 291
    Options
    Who'd ever thunk it?  Carlos Santana on the cover of AARP magazine
    Owensboro, KY.  First Eggin' 4/12/08.  Large, small, 22" Blackstone and lotsa goodies.
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    @bucky925..Damnnn that all looks so good.
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    This.  I'm doing this right now.
    Image result for rick perry dwts

Options
    I was rinsing a pig bladder out in the kitchen sink until my wife walked in. 
    I did not see a problem with it. She had a major one and plenty to say about it. 

<Shrugging shoulders> I really did not know what the big deal was.

After about 2 minutes of her expressing her displeasure, it was after I said  “whateves” she paused and looked at me, she let me know what she really thought. 

Ugggg....  
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    It's OK, Mark.  We all develop bladder problems with age.
    Options
    Packing all my gear for this weekends fat tire fest 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    I did not see a problem with it. She had a major one and plenty to say about it. 

<Shrugging shoulders> I really did not know what the big deal was.

After about 2 minutes of her expressing her displeasure, it was after I said  “whateves” she paused and looked at me, she let me know what she really thought. 

Ugggg....  
    What do you do with that?
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    I am going to go out on a limb here and take guess that she definitely would not approve of anus prep in the kitchen. My wife turns her nose up as well. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• MattBTI
    MattBTI Posts: 417
    Options
    Cooking some kickin mustard chicken and jap poppers. Chicken is going on a salad. 
    Pratt, KS
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    @Lit I use it for some of my charcuterie projects. 
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • marysvilleksegghead
    Options
    Watching the Chiefs play @ Denver
    Lrg 2008
    Mini 2009
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    This was about 10 mins after a dawn swim across a bag ass lake in Orlando.  I’ve had nightmares about lake swimming in Florida, so it makes a lot of sense that I did this.    Only did a bit over and only took about 20 mins.  Stopping in the middle of the lake w little to no illumination was quite an experience.   

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Enjoying a few bourbons.  Gotta tank now as Friday I become a driver for one of two vans for a team participating in the Bourbon chase in KY (charitable event). 12 runners and 203 miles in 36 legs.  Hits 5 distilleries that are all open for the chase:  Jim Beam, Maker's Mark; Heaven Hill; Four Roses and Woodford Reserve.  400 teams and each distillery gives a runner a short sip on the trail (drivers excluded :( )  Major pours once finished. My approach "sleep defensively."  See ya on the other side! 
    Currently supporting team four roses. 
  • Lit
    Options
    About to test out the Anki Overdrive kit that I got for my 2yr old son. Kids are great. 
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Lit said:
    About to test out the Anki Overdrive kit that I got for my 2yr old son. Kids are great. 
    That’s way cooler than the anki drive we have from a few years ago. 
  • BigreenGreg
    Options
    Enjoying the wonderful musicians of Chicago along with a nice Malbec.
    its like seeing old friends, everyone on their feet .

LBGE, 36" Blackstone, Anova Pro
    Charleston, SC
  • Lit
    Options
    Lit said:
    That’s 2 kits and the jump but it’s way cheaper than it was before. Was under $150 for both kits with 4 cars and the jump. Played a couple times it’s challenging but I’m a couple drinks in. 
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    That’s 2 kits and the jump but it’s way cheaper than it was before. Was under $150 for both kits with 4 cars and the jump. Played a couple times it’s challenging but I’m a couple drinks in. 
    Ours is a solid mat. Maybe 3x6 with an oval track drawn on it. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,485
    Options

This makes me smile!  (see what I did there?)   ;)
    I took up trombone in 5th grade, and by high school Chicago was killing it, and I still have the full album collection (minus their Xmas album).  My first bar band gig was a 7-piece, playing t-bone and conga, and I got to write out (by ear) all the horn parts, quite an education!  
    Saw them at the Layton ampitheater last summer, had about the same seat you did.  What a great, great Band!   B)

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    Botch said:

This makes me smile!  (see what I did there?)   ;)
    I took up trombone in 5th grade, and by high school Chicago was killing it, and I still have the full album collection (minus their Xmas album).  My first bar band gig was a 7-piece, playing t-bone and conga, and I got to write out (by ear) all the horn parts, quite an education!  
    Saw them at the Layton ampitheater last summer, had about the same seat you did.  What a great, great Band!   B)

Well, I’ll admit that I’ve been listening to a lot of blues lately and I thought they were from Chicago, not the band…
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options
    Flipping between broncos-chiefs and astros-yankees.  hate to see pm go down.  wanna see nats-yankees series.
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Denver's offense looks pathetic against the Honey Badger
    Played golf every day this week.  Have a game tomorrow (Friday) with a buddy.  Have played almost every day this summer.  Retirement is AWESOME!  Wife will still be working fir 7 more years, so she’s not liking my weekly schedule ...lol!
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    thetrim said:
    This was about 10 mins after a dawn swim across a bag ass lake in Orlando.  I’ve had nightmares about lake swimming in Florida, so it makes a lot of sense that I did this.    Only did a bit over and only took about 20 mins.  Stopping in the middle of the lake w little to no illumination was quite an experience.   

How does lake swimming work with Florida wildlife?
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,863
    Options

Well I’m glad that’s over.  A whole weekend without football (other than all the football that did happen, I mean).But - the travelling circus that is the PL is back, so pencils at the ready - here we go;

Saturday 1230 

Everton v West Ham - OMG, how boring. This is one of the many many games that TV firms think might be a decent contest, pre-season - so buy the rights and then it comes along to no great interest at all.

Everton have been poor and West Ham OK.  1-1

Proper o’clock;

Aston Villa v Brighton.  They travellers reckon they are better than Brazil now because they beat the completely hapless Spurs. Facts is, they lucked out.  Aston Villa are at risk of sinking because they can’t close games out.   With any luck they will tomorrow and remind the Seagulls that one slice of luck does not make you a decent team.  2-1 the Villa.

Bournemouth will beat Norwich.  Just can’t see it any other way.  3-0.

Chelsea v Newcastle,  which should be fun.  This will be the multi-goal thriller simply because Chelsea are involved.   3-1 to Super Franks fledglings.  The omnipresent gloom for the Toon thickens further.

Spurs welcome Watford, which is surprisingly tough to call - because both have been at best tepid all season.  No light on the horizon for Spurs as the players are all still in a big old funk and Poch’ has not been CasEvac’d to Real Madrid (yet).  But Watford are straight poor.  2-1 Spurs, but I think  it will be more fun betting on how many yellow and red cards are dispensed.

Wolves are on the up - they have taken 7 points from the last 3 games and Saints are a bit too wobbly to resist.  2-0  for Wolves and the pressure grows on big Ralfy.

At Tea-time; 

Man City will beat - Palace.   Or will they?  It’s at Selhurst (the glittering jewel in the South London crown) were Palace have recovered some solidity.  In fact they have been one of the stranger performers throughout 2019 (i.e the 2nd half of last season and so far, this).  Palace, as only Palace can, find themselves 6th - but their next 5 games are against all the teams above them (as of today).  So a brief foray too near the top of the league looks set to end.    Man City lost again, last time out - but there’s nothing we like more than helping the opposition rediscover their form. 

Away win but low scoring 1-0 or 2-1 City.   M’eh.

In the CL for @Eoin now and Stoke look to compound their 1 game hot streak while hosting Fulham.   And they could do it too.  Despite being in 7th, I doubt the Londoners will fancy the trip.  A win for Stoke can’t take them out the bottom three - but it will make the world of difference. 1-0 Stoke. 

Sunday;

Ooooh : Man Utd v Liverpool.  It’s all going on here.  Liverpool are winning everything and look unstoppable.  Utd very much aren’t.  And in more bad news for Ole, he has received the dreaded vote of confidence from the Board.  Utd Chief;  Ed Woodard,  that’s not Edward Woodward - “The Equaliser” and bonfire enthusiast (seeThe Wicker Man) - has thrown his full support behind Ole, usually the death kneel for a football manager.   More interesting is that if the letter ‘d’ had not been invented, they would both be called Ewar Woowar. 

Oh yes, the match.  Well Liverpool will win by whatever score they choose.   I’ll go 3-0 but take your pick.

Monday;

Arsenal go to the grim north and will probably beat Sheffield Utd.  I am not 100% confident they will, but  lets go 2-1 the Gunners, but not without scares.  In fact a 0-0 feels pretty tempting, too. 

I am off to a ‘Baby Show’ tomorrow, so if I could be in your thoughts I am sure the day will go more quickly and I will be eternally grateful.   

The purpose is that Grandchild Number 1 is due in March.  Whilst I am naturally disappointed by my son-in-law’s behaviour towards my daughter, he does have certain redeeming features (lots of woodwork tools, a helicopter license, a Netflix account that he shares with me and a Ferrari that he doesn’t)  so on balance I have decided to forgive him. 

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:

Well I’m glad that’s over.  A whole weekend without football (other than all the football that did happen, I mean).But - the travelling circus that is the PL is back, so pencils at the ready - here we go;

Saturday 1230 

Everton v West Ham - OMG, how boring. This is one of the many many games that TV firms think might be a decent contest, pre-season - so buy the rights and then it comes along to no great interest at all.

Everton have been poor and West Ham OK.  1-1

Proper o’clock;

Aston Villa v Brighton.  They travellers reckon they are better than Brazil now because they beat the completely hapless Spurs. Facts is, they lucked out.  Aston Villa are at risk of sinking because they can’t close games out.   With any luck they will tomorrow and remind the Seagulls that one slice of luck does not make you a decent team.  2-1 the Villa.

Bournemouth will beat Norwich.  Just can’t see it any other way.  3-0.

Chelsea v Newcastle,  which should be fun.  This will be the multi-goal thriller simply because Chelsea are involved.   3-1 to Super Franks fledglings.  The omnipresent gloom for the Toon thickens further.

Spurs welcome Watford, which is surprisingly tough to call - because both have been at best tepid all season.  No light on the horizon for Spurs as the players are all still in a big old funk and Poch’ has not been CasEvac’d to Real Madrid (yet).  But Watford are straight poor.  2-1 Spurs, but I think  it will be more fun betting on how many yellow and red cards are dispensed.

Wolves are on the up - they have taken 7 points from the last 3 games and Saints are a bit too wobbly to resist.  2-0  for Wolves and the pressure grows on big Ralfy.

At Tea-time; 

Man City will beat - Palace.   Or will they?  It’s at Selhurst (the glittering jewel in the South London crown) were Palace have recovered some solidity.  In fact they have been one of the stranger performers throughout 2019 (i.e the 2nd half of last season and so far, this).  Palace, as only Palace can, find themselves 6th - but their next 5 games are against all the teams above them (as of today).  So a brief foray too near the top of the league looks set to end.    Man City lost again, last time out - but there’s nothing we like more than helping the opposition rediscover their form. 

Away win but low scoring 1-0 or 2-1 City.   M’eh.

In the CL for @Eoin now and Stoke look to compound their 1 game hot streak while hosting Fulham.   And they could do it too.  Despite being in 7th, I doubt the Londoners will fancy the trip.  A win for Stoke can’t take them out the bottom three - but it will make the world of difference. 1-0 Stoke. 

Sunday;

Ooooh : Man Utd v Liverpool.  It’s all going on here.  Liverpool are winning everything and look unstoppable.  Utd very much aren’t.  And in more bad news for Ole, he has received the dreaded vote of confidence from the Board.  Utd Chief;  Ed Woodard,  that’s not Edward Woodward - “The Equaliser” and bonfire enthusiast (seeThe Wicker Man) - has thrown his full support behind Ole, usually the death kneel for a football manager.   More interesting is that if the letter ‘d’ had not been invented, they would both be called Ewar Woowar. 

Oh yes, the match.  Well Liverpool will win by whatever score they choose.   I’ll go 3-0 but take your pick.

Monday;

Arsenal go to the grim north and will probably beat Sheffield Utd.  I am not 100% confident they will, but  lets go 2-1 the Gunners, but not without scares.  In fact a 0-0 feels pretty tempting, too. 

I am off to a ‘Baby Show’ tomorrow, so if I could be in your thoughts I am sure the day will go more quickly and I will be eternally grateful.   

The purpose is that Grandchild Number 1 is due in March.  Whilst I am naturally disappointed by my son-in-law’s behaviour towards my daughter, he does have certain redeeming features (lots of woodwork tools, a helicopter license, a Netflix account that he shares with me and a Ferrari that he doesn’t)  so on balance I have decided to forgive him. 

I assume you are able to catch the rugby on TV before leaving for the living hell of a baby show?