Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,529
    Getting a flu shot.
    I am currently uninsured at the moment so I phoned around for prices.

Harris Teeter (Supermarket)....$60
    Walgreens...$80
    Costco..$19.99

Another reason to become a member.. ;)
    They give them out for free here on campus to all Duke students, faculty, and staff.
    Can you get 5 gallons of mayonnaise and your tires rotated while getting a flu shot at Duke? 
    I don't care what you say but that is f#$@%^&g funny..  =)=)
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Just woke up two hours early. Power is out. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,315
    Getting a flu shot.

Walgreens...$80
    Costco..$19.99

Check with Costco if you have to be a member to get a flu shot. You don't have to be a member to use their in-store pharmacy so if the flu shot is being given as part of the pharmacy it too might be open to the general public.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• johnmitchell
    HeavyG said:
    Getting a flu shot.

Walgreens...$80
    Costco..$19.99

Check with Costco if you have to be a member to get a flu shot. You don't have to be a member to use their in-store pharmacy so if the flu shot is being given as part of the pharmacy it too might be open to the general public.
    Yes the flu shot is open to the general public..
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,332
    Trying to find the radio broadcast of the Astros game. Every single other game has a radio broadcast on the ESPN app except this one. Lovely.
    Las Vegas, NV

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,352
    I get the flu shot at Publix for no charge and they give me a $10 gift card 
    Jacksonville FL
  • smokingal
    smokingal Posts: 1,025
    Fixing dinner and wishing I hadn't tuned into the nightly news.
    It's "Smokin Gal", not "Smoking Al".
    Egging in the Atlanta GA region
    Large BGE, CGS setup, Kick Ash Basket, Smokeware SS Cap,
    Arteflame grill grate

http://barbecueaddict.com
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,411
    Eoin said:
    The beans worked out well. I left them at home in the XL at about 240F and the sauce was good, but the bigger beans not done (used a 10 bean mix). Stuck the pan in a hot oven for an hour to finish them off. Served with egg fried rice, brocolli and ham.

That looks delicious, and I'd love to have a bowl; but I'm glad I'm not helping you wash the dishes!  

Scurvy:  when Life doesn't give you lemons

• TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Nats?  I did not see this coming.
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • HeavyG
    TN_Egger said:
    As a Nats fan from day one when they came to D.C. I can't say I saw that happening earlier this season but the last few months we've been on fire.
    I hope we have enough fuel to keep that fire going for a few more games!
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    TN_Egger said:
    Pulling out the Dodgers series was the surprise, I definitely had them picked over the Cards, although maybe a sweep was surprising.  They’ll be big underdogs against whoever comes out of the AL, but you never know.

And they just need to pay Rendon already.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Not sleeping like I should be since I am so excited, just got a big promotion at work! They called me a little bit ago!  
    Congrats!  
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • NorthPilot06
    NorthPilot06 Posts: 1,179
    Congrats @milesvdustin :)
    DFW - 1 LGBE & Happy to Adopt More...
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Not sleeping like I should be since I am so excited, just got a big promotion at work! They called me a little bit ago!  

Are you the Warden now?

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,082
    Congrats @milesvdustin .  Obviously well deserved. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Listening to the rain outside of my home office window. Much needed precipitation. 
    @northGAcock you were awake in your home office at 9:00 am when it was raining out?
    Probably nap time now.....
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • HeavyG
    Acn said:
    TN_Egger said:
    Pulling out the Dodgers series was the surprise, I definitely had them picked over the Cards, although maybe a sweep was surprising.  They’ll be big underdogs against whoever comes out of the AL, but you never know.

And they just need to pay Rendon already.
    I have no idea what the marketplace will be offering Rendon but the Lerner's/Rizzo damn well better match it and then some. If they let Rendon slip away there will be a lot of pissed off fans.

• Congratulations @milesvdustin Sounds like the Lakehouse is going to have a pool!  Or at least a pizza oven..
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Just got turned onto maybe the best Mexican meal I've ever had.  Thanks @bubbajack

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    lousubcap said:
    Just took delivery of the post Thanksgiving turkey purge brisket.  Into the freezer for a while then around 3-4 weeks of wet aging before the cook.
    The only way to move on from the turkey B)

I'm planning to buy and cook my first SRF brisket over my holiday break at Christmas.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,163
    Sea2Ski said:
    Listening to the rain outside of my home office window. Much needed precipitation. 
    @northGAcock you were awake in your home office at 9:00 am when it was raining out?
    Probably nap time now.....
    I have had to work hard lately. Sucks.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • johnmitchell
    Congratulations @milesvdustin.. Awesome news and I am sure well deserved. That calls for a SRF brisket reward.